Analysis How can this Collingwood side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

People always overestimate on the unbeatable stuff. Richmond can't be beaten, Geelong can't be beaten... etc, until they are are. In reality it's a game of fine margins and most of the top recent teams have just had a blessed run with injuries. Already with a Howe out, there is a massive chink in the armor for us. As others have said, a team with dominant big forwards will cause trouble - even yesterday, from limited opportunities, Dixon was a handful and we have try out Frampton. If that doesn't work and Moore has to go more defensive we are in trouble - Moore going out himself would dramatically change the team. We've got some depth now, but definitely not 'unstoppable.'
Its getting rediculously overblown. We had a day out, Port were ordinary. Lets wait a month before getting excited

I see other posts have mentioned the Demons last year.

Every year people get sucked in by the autumn premiers.
Sometimes a side is just too good. I believe Collingwood is that side. Personally, very happy to be proven wrong as a I do not like them. Would rather Melbourne win, obviously. If not Melbourne then Geelong, Brisbane. Even Port.

I shouldn’t bite, but I will.

Collingwood +57 contested possessions and +17 tackles. How are you meant to get free kicks when you refuse to contest for the footy or lay tackles?

Some people have no fu(k1ng idea about the game.

Exhibit A - that screenshot above .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate these threads and to be honest, teams that come out playing like champions in the early rounds often tend to fall away late in the year. It's a bloody long season.

Let us wait and see but one thing is for sure Collingwood is not invincible.

They are flying and playing great footy right now. Good on them. Can't fault them for playing well. Very early days though. Heaps can happen between now and late September.

People make the same mistakes/proclamations every year while adding a pretext that we shouldn't rush to early conclusions every year.

It's laughable that people get carried away with predictions over round 1. Granted they had a good win in round 2, but the same applies.

They look like they are a good chance to contend towards the end of the season. Time will tell. It's a long season.

No one wins flags in March, but as far as rankings go so far I have Collingwood as my number 1 at this point.

There's 2 real questions, can they maintain this level for 25 weeks to win a flag, or more importantly can they play this well in 6 months time, and secondly can they ride their luck with injuries?

Obviously the injury risk applies to all clubs in that anyone could be derailed by them.

I see other posts have mentioned the Demons last year.

Every year people get sucked in by the autumn premiers.
Collingwood playing much better footy than we did at any point last year.

By insinuating, like Geelong last year, we rely on our older players to win games, and we only had 3 players under 23 today.

Our best player today was a 20 year old (Daicos), second best was 27 (Cameron), third best was 24 (Daicos). Our best last week was the same 20 year old (Daicos), second best a 27 year old (JDG) and third best was Pendles.

7 of the top 10 in our B&F last year were 28 and younger.

Like pretty much every side in the comp, our oldest players are going to be the majority of our 22, but in no way are they the integral cogs anymore, unlike Geelong last year and this year.

Re Frampton/Howe - we’ve conceded 12 goals in the last 6 quarters since Howe went down, so I reckon the defence is holding up alright in a small sample size.

Lol so touchy about the age thing.

I didn't say anything about relying on older players to win games. I just said that you're a mature team playing almost no really young players. Which is absolutely the right thing to do.

Why are you so offended by me staying the fact that you're playing 2 players under 23 in your selected 22? Does the truth hurt that much? If I were you I'd spend more time enjoying your team's success rather than getting touchy about a poster correctly identifying why Collingwood should be a very good team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back