Analysis How can this Collingwood side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood’s style and confidence will be unstoppable this year. They’ll be top 2, get 3 finals at the G, and win the flag with ease. It’s cue in the rack stuff already.

I’ve picked a left field contender in Port, and maybe they’ll be up there, but nobody is stopping Collingwood. It’s an Essendon 2000 scenario.

Collingwood’s style and confidence will be unstoppable this year. They’ll be top 2, get 3 finals at the G, and win the flag with ease. It’s cue in the rack stuff already.

I’ve picked a left field contender in Port, and maybe they’ll be up there, but nobody is stopping Collingwood. It’s an Essendon 2000 scenario.

Can you let us know who's winning the Brownlow too? Think the odds this time of year would still be pretty good to put some cash down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see other posts have mentioned the Demons last year.

Every year people get sucked in by the autumn premiers.

Pies look sensational.
Let's see how we all are at halfway point.
There may be a surprise competitor or 2 that will emerge between now and then.
There are also the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune to play out.

People always overestimate on the unbeatable stuff. Richmond can't be beaten, Geelong can't be beaten... etc, until they are are. In reality it's a game of fine margins and most of the top recent teams have just had a blessed run with injuries. Already with a Howe out, there is a massive chink in the armor for us. As others have said, a team with dominant big forwards will cause trouble - even yesterday, from limited opportunities, Dixon was a handful and we have try out Frampton. If that doesn't work and Moore has to go more defensive we are in trouble - Moore going out himself would dramatically change the team. We've got some depth now, but definitely not 'unstoppable.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back