Analysis How can this Collingwood side be stopped?

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ve only beaten Geelong, even we can do that, and port who are the definition of a Jeckle and Hyde team..

Let’s see how they’re sitting come July

Collingwood looks all the good this year to win the premiership with an 11 game winning streak. Doesn't matter who they play, they just find a way to win. They have an excellent mix of veteran leadership and exciting youth.

I honestly thought Melbourne would bring them back down to earth but they couldn't. Can’t see anyone stopping them at all.
Don’t start talking flags. Been burnt too many times. I will believe we will win it when we are getting handed the cup and not until then

They’ve only beaten Geelong, even we can do that, and port who are the definition of a Jeckle and Hyde team..

Let’s see how they’re sitting come July
Yes, let's. It's a rinse and repeat. Haven't beaten anyone. Lucky. Umps carried them over the line again. 2022 has just seamlessly carried over to 2023. Just relax out there opposition fans. It is not time for panic stations yet.

Lol so touchy about the age thing.

I didn't say anything about relying on older players to win games. I just said that you're a mature team playing almost no really young players. Which is absolutely the right thing to do.

Why are you so offended by me staying the fact that you're playing 2 players under 23 in your selected 22? Does the truth hurt that much? If I were you I'd spend more time enjoying your team's success rather than getting touchy about a poster correctly identifying why Collingwood should be a very good team.
Not touchy at all, I’m simply responding to you. Just like you’re on BF posting, I’m doing the same. Why’re you so touchy when someone doesn’t agree with you?

You’ll find there aren’t that many, if any clubs in the comp, who aren’t playing their senior/mature players in their top 23. I’m still not getting your point.

Yes, we had 2 players under 23 playing on the weekend, but 13 of the 23 were 27 and under, so more than half the side are in their prime or younger. Again, still not getting your point, if there is one…

Pies look sensational.
Let's see how we all are at halfway point.
There may be a surprise competitor or 2 that will emerge between now and then.
There are also the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune to play out.
This, sides are good enough to adjust as they go. There could potentially be a sleeper that adopts Collingwoods game plan and executes it perfectly as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm enjoying Collingwood's run and dare as much as anyone but remember that for much of last year we were asking will Melbourne lose a game.

The premiership is almost always won by the best team in the second half of the year. Only about half the time is that also the best team over the first half of the season.

I'm enjoying Collingwood's run and dare as much as anyone but remember that for much of last year we were asking will Melbourne lose a game.

The premiership is almost always won by the best team in the second half of the year. Only about half the time is that also the best team over the first half of the season.
Essendon 2000 and Carlton 1995 will pale in comparison to Collingwood 2023.

Playing well and the style of play is great to watch. Name me the last premier though that was clearly the best team in March though. Most recent flags have been won by team who built up their season and started coming to their peak in August.

Nevertheless, good luck to them. Some very likeable personnel on their roster...particularly their 2 most senior coaches. So as has already been flagged, we'l be claiming some of the success if it comes.

I'll take a 50% chance.

This, sides are good enough to adjust as they go. There could potentially be a sleeper that adopts Collingwoods game plan and executes it perfectly as well.

How are they going to condense 18 months of endurance fitness training into a few months to match Coll?
That's the big issue for teams wanting to match Coll.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back