No Oppo Supporters Geelong defeated by Richmond in PF by 19 points

Remove this Banner Ad

No he did not. He addressed those issues. He also pointed out that a tiny minority of idiots were sending private messages to certain players, coaches and officials over a period of weeks, containing abuse and disrespectful comments. Why are you trying to cover this up?
How can ‘private messages’ be getting through to players and staff anyway? Surely we have control of that stuff ?

You are mistaken, I suggest you listen to him again.

Steady, I've listened to it twice because I couldn't believe it the first time round.

He talks about how most of the fans are very supportive of the club. And then mentions how it is only a small minority who have a problem and they are the ones that send in abuse.

Then he suggests that critics don't have the intellectual capacity to understand that Chris Scott is a good bloke and a great coach.

This is after talking about how we are a resounding success and lucky to come third, despite not winning a GF or even making one.

If you want to fixate on how instead of talking to discontented fans Carter spends two minutes complaining about how the discontented fans are actually a small minority of abusive keyboard warriors that send vitriolic messages - and then responds to Roos' followup question about how there is also widespread media and expert critique by saying that 'not all decisions can be supported 100% by everyone' - then that is on you. You're missing the point.

He needs to stop whinging and take ownership or step aside, otherwise this clubs going nowhere.
So it is acceptable for people to send abusive and disrespectful letters to Geelong players, coaches and officials and if the Geelong President calls them out he is "whinging"? You guys and the ones sending the abuse need to stop whinging. If you cannot handle your footy team losing then get a life!

So it is acceptable for people to send abusive and disrespectful letters to Geelong players, coaches and officials and if the Geelong President calls them out he is "whinging"? You guys and the ones sending the abuse need to stop whinging. If you cannot handle your footy team losing then get a life!

I've not seen one poster condoning any abuse.....
Don't know where you're getting that from.

Oh rubbish, you don't go public with that crap unless you're trying to defect criticism.
It's just weak.

No idea where you’re getting that idea from not one post has condone the abuse

Steady, I've listened to it twice because I couldn't believe it the first time round.

He talks about how most of the fans are very supportive of the club. And then mentions how it is only a small minority who have a problem and they are the ones that send in abuse.

Then he suggests that critics don't have the intellectual capacity to understand that Chris Scott is a good bloke and a great coach.

This is after talking about how we are a resounding success and lucky to come third, despite not winning a GF or even making one.

If you want to fixate on how instead of talking to discontented fans Carter spends two minutes complaining about how the discontented fans are actually a small minority of abusive keyboard warriors that send vitriolic messages - and then responds to Roos' followup question about how there is also widespread media and expert critique by saying that 'not all decisions can be supported 100% by everyone' - then that is on you. You're missing the point.
I have listened to it and your take is quite different to mine. He does not lump all critics as the ones sending the abuse, he does focus, rightly on the ones sending the abuse. Your further intepretation is quite way off, it is of course just your interpretation or should I suggest 'fixation'?

He has been distracted by the 10% of dissatisfied supporters who've resorted to abuse, and in doing so, dismissed the other 90%, media and experts who are questioning the club respectfully.

How about he addresses their concerns, and starves the abusive people of oxygen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has been distracted by the 10% of dissatisfied supporters who've resorted to abuse, and in doing so, dismissed the other 90%, media and experts who are questioning the club respectfully.

How about he addresses their concerns, and starves the abusive people of oxygen?
Fair enough, but there’s only a certain amount of time available for him to speak and he simply digressed. It may have been deliberate or the question may have opened up a new tangent for him to go off on. If you consider your spoken conversations, they are not as easy to construct point by point as written ones are. We move from topic to topic fairly smoothly, sometimes we come back, and other times we keep going on a different direction.

No idea where you’re getting that idea from not one post has condone the abuse
Ratcat did not openly condone the abuse, instead they claimed the critic of the abuse was "whinging". None of the above critics of Carter's response have condemned the abuse, they are condemning Carter. That says something.

Fair enough, but there’s only a certain amount of time available for him to speak and he simply digressed. It may have been deliberate or the question may have opened up a new tangent for him to go off on. If you consider your spoken conversations, they are not as easy to construct point by point as written ones are. We move from topic to topic fairly smoothly, sometimes we come back, and other times we keep going on a different direction.

Good point. I'll pay that.

But geez, that was a time for him to be laser focused and reassure the faithful.

Ratcat did not openly condone the abuse, instead they claimed the critic of the abuse was "whinging". None of the above critics of Carter's response have condemned the abuse, they are condemning Carter. That says something.
I can’t speak for ratcat but I agree with asking why Colin is bringing up the issue, I’ll copy and past the same post I’ve made on this topic:

I still don’t get Colin’s point shouldn’t these abusive letters /emails be screened before going to their intended target?

So why whinge about materials that the players or coaches should never read?

Unless he’s talking about social media which again can be managed

I have listened to it and your take is quite different to mine. He does not lump all critics as the ones sending the abuse, he does focus, rightly on the ones sending the abuse. Your further intepretation is quite way off, it is of course just your interpretation or should I suggest 'fixation'?

His said the majority of fans support the club and that it is a small minority send abusive messages.

You are focusing on the abusive messages rather than how he suggests that most fans support the direction of the club, that the people who don't aren't intellectually capable of doing so, and that we should be happy with third. That there is a focus on the abuse at all suggests he has caught you hook line and sinker. He wants you to focus on the abuse for the same reason that he deflected Roo's point about the widespread criticism not only coming from cat fans. I really don't know how else to explain it to you. He wants you to focus on the mystery abuse because it deflects from the same pressure that Roos and Robbo was putting on him. Unfortunately, he managed to do it whilst insulting cat fans and anyone who dare question the club and in doing so has provided another reason why we need a clean out.

Of course. He is supposed to have capacity to do that based on his experience. He is also human and probably hurting and is defensive.

He only had to acknowledge the sensible majority were being heard. That's part of what makes a good leader.

But yeah, I hear you. And I hope he is hurting. Enough to strong a strong, frank review that implements identified changes.

Last edited:
I can’t speak for ratcat but I agree with asking why Colin is bringing up the issue, I’ll copy and past the same post I’ve made on this topic:

I still don’t get Colin’s point shouldn’t these abusive letters /emails be screened before going to their intended target?

So why whinge about materials that the players or coaches should never read?

Unless he’s talking about social media which again can be managed
You would have to ask CC those questions.

He only had to acknowledge the sensible majority were being heard. That's part of what makes a good leader.

But yeah, I hear you. And I hope he is hurting. Enough to strong a string, frank review that implements identified changes.
Like his review after last year final exit?

Talk is cheap at this point personally

He responded to Roo's question reg. the professional criticism by saying that 'not all decisions will be agreed with 100%.' In my eyes he is either a) deluded, b) deflecting, or c) setting up the 'full support of the board' stance which will been Scott will shortly be removed. Unfortunately, the rest of his nonsense suggests it is option a and b.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back