Resource Geelong guernseys and memorabilia

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Geelong guernsey threads (merged)

Just a quick question, are the 'Gold Logo' guernseys available from the Cats Shop or is it only an online shop exclusive as i will be visiting Geelong soon

So the 2009 guernsey has a 'normal' collar, when compared to the 2010? I might have to buy that one. Anyone know any stores that still sell it?

Are they similar sizes than the new one?

So the 2009 guernsey has a 'normal' collar, when compared to the 2010? I might have to buy that one. Anyone know any stores that still sell it?

Are they similar sizes than the new one?

If you ring around a few Rebel and AFL stores you should still be able to get them. Haggle for a discount, as it's old stock which they really want to get rid of.

As far as I could tell, the sizes seem pretty much the same. But don't quote me on that...

Is it just me or are the sizes for the geelong guernseys really shite??

For example, im a 198cm bloke who doesnt carry too much beef, i can barely squeeze into a size 3XL guernsey :confused:

i really want a new gold logo guernsey, i hope this years sizing has changed just a little bit

For example, im a 198cm bloke who doesnt carry too much beef, i can barely squeeze into a size 3XL guernsey :confused:

i really want a new gold logo guernsey, i hope this years sizing has changed just a little bit

You will be disappointed, then the gold logo ones are the same, for some reason the club does not sell anything bigger than 3xl when in actual fact they are made up to 5xl. These days all the guernseys are made in a "players cut" so you need to to buy a size or two up if you are a bigger person.

You can get them on ebay up to 5xl (but not the gold logo one).

Does anyone know where/if I can get the 2010 Cats guernsey in Europe?

I have googled it but no luck so far. The Cats shop online can send it to Ireland, but the price is $135 + the risk of customs tax upon the package entering EU.

Thanks.

Yeah, tried that but only found the 2009 guernseys for sale on eBay in Europe :confused:

Does anyone know where/if I can get the 2010 Cats guernsey in Europe?

I have googled it but no luck so far. The Cats shop online can send it to Ireland, but the price is $135 + the risk of customs tax upon the package entering EU.

Thanks.

How are you going to avoid this regardless?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shite? Clearly they're player fits.

If you cant fit into a 3xl then maybe theres more beef than you think..

I'm 187cm/93kg and fit large with shirt underneath.

Yes, there's tax on all goods sourced outside the EU...annoying, really.

I'm looking to get a size XL. I may order it from their shop and keep my fingers crossed it won't be picked up in customs.

Yes, there's tax on all goods sourced outside the EU...annoying, really.

I'm looking to get a size XL. I may order it from their shop and keep my fingers crossed it won't be picked up in customs.

If I was to send it to you as a mate, would that make any difference?

Thats very nice of you to offer, but they're checking all packages upon entry into the EU. I initially thought that they would let it pass without a fuss if the price tag was removed, but they're smart enough to go online and check the item price and estimate the customs tax from that.

But again, thanks for the kind offer :)

I suppose under normal circumstances it's fair enough that they charge a customs tax, but in this case not really since it seems impossible to find the guernsey in Europe.

Thats very nice of you to offer, but they're checking all packages upon entry into the EU. I initially thought that they would let it pass without a fuss if the price tag was removed, but they're smart enough to go online and check the item price and estimate the customs tax from that.

But again, thanks for the kind offer :)

I suppose under normal circumstances it's fair enough that they charge a customs tax, but in this case not really since it seems impossible to find the guernsey in Europe.

Customs tax is 15% right?

If they are going on line, they'd just take it as the highest price wouldn't they? As opposed to what you actually paid for it?

I find it pretty rank they would charge you tax on a gift from a friend or family.

It's different from country to country, I think. But in Ireland it's 21% and they couldn't care less if it's a gift or not :mad:

It's different from country to country, I think. But in Ireland it's 21% and they couldn't care less if it's a gift or not :mad:

I can get you a jersey for $120 bucks.

However, 35 bucks of that is postage.

So basically, even if they ping you for customs tax, it would only end up costing you $140 at most.

If you want me to do this for you, let me know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back