Unofficial Preview Geelong V GoldCoast Rd 11 at Metricon Sat Jun2 @4:35

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No

no stanley please. He’s a spud
Fair enough, but personnally I'd like to see the Smith/Stanley combo one more time before I put a line through them both; they have worked well together in the past and maybe they'll bring the best out of each other.

Fair enough, but personnally I'd like to see the Smith/Stanley combo one more time before I put a line through them both; they have worked well together in the past and maybe they'll bring the best out of each other.
We need to give Abbott a go. There's no use drafting a ruckman if we're unwilling to play him, and given the form of the two they keep alternating in the side.

We need to give Abbott a go. There's no use drafting a ruckman if we're unwilling to play him, and given the form of the two they keep alternating in the side.
Do you mean replace Abbott with Sav and play Stanley forward or drop Stanley and play someone else at CHF?

Do you mean replace Abbott with Sav and play Stanley forward or drop Stanley and play someone else at CHF?
Replace Stanley with Abbott and Sav with Buzza

I’d expect Jones to be given another game.

Abbott to debut.

Taylor won’t be back, Black stays.

Fogarty to return, McCarthy to be brought into the seniors after 3 VFL games.

Parfitt will be much better for the run.

Ablett to be managed against the Suns to annoy them? ;)

Out - Ratugolea (inj), Gregson (omit), Crameri (omit).
In - Abbott, Fogarty, McCarthy.

Stanley stays ahead of Crameri because he can go into the ruck when Abbott needs a rest (Unless they want to bring Buzza in to play CHF/2nd Ruck). Plus we need a bit more pressure inside 50 with McCarthy and I don’t think Jones should be dropped.

FB: Bews - Blicavs - Kolodjashnij
HB: Tuohy - Henry - Stewart
C: Duncan - Menegola - Ablett
HF: Parfitt - Stanley - Fogarty
FF: McCarthy - Hawkins - Jones
R: Abbott - Dangerfield - J. Selwood
INT: Cunico, Black, T. Kelly, Murdoch.

Also I expect Cockatoo to be playing footy this week, and we know how much we like to play him in the seniors straight away so you never know. If he does come in then he’s in for Murdoch.

Out: Sav (inj), Gregson (omit), Ablett (managed)
In: Buzza, GHS, Linc

B: Bews Blivcas Stewart
HB: Tuohy Kolo Henry
C: Duncan Selwood Kelly
HF: Crameri Hawkins Murda
F: Linc Buzza Parfitt
R: Stanley GHS Danger
Int: Cunico Menegola Black JJ

Me too, particularly without the pressure of being dropped for one another. I heard Leigh Matthews say that the concept of having Smith & Stanley competing for the spot and dropping one for the other frequently clearly hasn’t worked as they play more under stress and fear rather than attacking the game.

History would say that Smith is the more capable ruckman, and Stanley the better forward, so let’s try it again. Coming from a low base the main thing I want from Stanley as a forward is just to stop anyone from the opposition marking it in our 50. If he can’t regularly do that then he can make way for whoever.

Jones just makes things happen. He’s had about 4 chances of scoring goals already and I’m only about halfway through the 3rd quarter in the replay.

- First chance he got the goal.
- Second chance got mixed up between passing and scoring and kicked it out of bounds (not sure if bounced out or out on the full).
- Third chance went for a snap around the body instead of drop punt and it snapped too far around and was touched over the line if I remember correctly.
- Fourth chance went for a running banana in congestion and it got smothered.

If everything was going his way he could’ve kicked 3-4 goals. Will get better and stay in the game more with time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see Smith and Stanley have a crack at it together. Maybe they will work better together? Tell them no pressure and let them both have a few weeks.
Yeah it’s not ideal both are spuds and all but we really have very few options.
If Abbott plays, it’s with Stanley and not Smith. We are stuck with Stanley all year now. Buzza isn’t good enough sorry.

I’ve noticed in the last 10mins of the final quarter that Jones reached for his hammy a few times. Stayed on the field, at times still ran hard, other times stood quite still and walked slow. I’d say just tightness at the end of the game but still something to keep an eye on.

I cant say much good about Stanley's game last night... so I wont say anything.

He did have some moments where I noticed him doing good work - credit him for that.

Also, I didnt notice Kreuzer as an AA last night so thats a good thing too.

Id say with Sav done :(:(:(:(:(

Stanley stays in and they bring in Buzza as CHF /ruck chop out, bring in Smith and put Stanley at CHF or debut Abbott as ruck and move Stanley to CHF.

None are really awesome options at this point.

GO Catters

I think poor Sav just saved Stanley’s arse for this year at least. I’m leaning towards Buzz getting a game over Smith, Buzz and Stanley to go 50/50. Linc comes in for jj or Gregson. Cockatoo to come back via 3 games in the VFL, hasn’t earned his spot, mind you who has?

In: Buzza, Scooter, Fogarty
Out, Ratugolea, Gregson, ???
In Fogqrty Buzza Thurlow MCarthy
Out Esavq Gregaon Bews Jones
I know I”ll get shot but Bews deserves some vfl time to regain form, we need some consistency at selection we can’t afford to carry players clearly out of touch.

Was GHS ur carry over emergency last night?

Why no love for him getting another run. To many similar guys in ur midfield? Thought he was outstanding in the Adelaide match, then TOG restricted after that. What's his main knock?

Push Ablett and Danger forward and let GHS play his natural position as a genuine mid

In Fogqrty Buzza Thurlow MCarthy
Out Esavq Gregaon Bews Jones
I know I”ll get shot but Bews deserves some vfl time to regain form, we need some consistency at selection we can’t afford to carry players clearly out of touch.
I agree, he copped another knock last night so I dare say he's still carrying injuries. Maybe just a week off to rest is needed because his output doesn't warrant continued selection.

Gee I thought more people would be saying out Black.. As there never been much love for him. .
I thought Black was good last night. Wasn't 1 of our best but certainly not 1 of the worst. .
Thought he was good. Hope he gets a string of games.

In: Buzza, Scooter, Fogarty
Out, Ratugolea, Gregson, ???

Bews (week off to reset, poor form, body?). Though O’Connor will play this week I reckon.

Fog maybe a confidence builder in twos. I would play Joel at half forward with Scooter back. Actually think Joel is the one to move forward of all the midfielders, he can drift into midfield when we need a momentum shift. Gary, Kelly and Duncan are not forwards, Danger is needed at coal face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back