Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sat 30 March at GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a great win v the Pies.. week 2 is no easier task against the Demons. - albeit at home. Can we get some back after the ordinary finals exit last year or will they avenge the Zac Tuohy after the siren loss of last season.

Any changes to the 22?

Go Catters

After a great win v the Pies.. week 2 is no easier task against the Demons. - albeit at home. Can we get some back after the ordinary finals exit last year or will they avenge the Zac Tuohy after the siren loss of last season.

Any changes to the 22?

Go Catters
Tuohy is 2 to 3 weeks away, so Guthrie is the only obvious "in".
Assuming nobody is injured, on form through the P/Matches and Rd 1, Henry is the obvious first "out", but they would obviously prefer to give him a bit more of a run at this stage.

The only droppable players on output are Henry and Ratugolea but there’s no burning need to do either and in fact you’d want to back them in to be better.

I wouldn’t make any unforced changes.

For what it’s worth, the VFL best were:

The only droppable players on output are Henry and Ratugolea but there’s no burning need to do either and in fact you’d want to back them in to be better.

Always to be taken with a truckload of salt, the club's nomination of our best in the 2nds.
But if Okunbor really was among our best, that's quite remarkable.

All being fit and pulling up OK I don't see the need for any changes.

Really looking forward to seeing how we handle this, we were made to look second rate by the Dees in the finals and you would have to expect them to still be burning from dropping that game in Geelong last year.

To start the year 2-0 would be simply huge for us

Always to be taken with a truckload of salt, the club's nomination of our best in the 2nds.
But if Okunbor really was among our best, that's quite remarkable.
Yes, hence the FWIW.

Any changes to the 22?

Go Catters

The hallmark of Scott for years is to change the side each week.. However the side picked for r1 was a break from his usual approach.. so hopefully he can continue with that. IF all pull up fit..Im tempted to say no change. I will say however that Scott may still think he picked for opposition in which case the Melb setup will be important.

Thought their defense marked the ball to easy on many occasions when we were desparate for a target.
Dary Fort kicked 3 provides a big marking target, deserves considering.
Okunbor wow!.. what an effort against a strong side, must relish the contact of AFL, that's fantastic.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly not mine, forced the wife to set a date outside footy season
Its at Harvester Moon just outside Portarlington.
Hopefully the couple had the foresight to make sure there is a TV available in between formalities
Traditionally at Australian weddings the bride's father used to bring the trans.

PS trans radio, that is.

So Cuthrie doesn't stroll back into the side?
It would be sickening if he did, based on last nights win. No one deserves to be dropped. And cam does not deserve to be an automatic inclusion. Plus he should prove he is over his calf. He’s useless if he comes back and has a calf strain before half time.

Almost every player was 100% committed last night to applying pressure and with their will to chase. If we bring back Guthrie I'll be fuming.

No change

Certainly not mine, forced the wife to set a date outside footy season
Its at Harvester Moon just outside Portarlington.
Hopefully the couple had the foresight to make sure there is a TV available in between formalities

I have wedding down in Geelong too. I think we may both have to track it on phone.

Cunico has not done a lot wrong IMO and he finds himself a long back now. Hard to see an in for him in the short term.

Henderson and Cuthrie management from the club going to make an interesting few weeks. People have called it for a long time and the result came with both missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back