• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 42 22.5%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 55 29.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
He's innocent plus it's a victimless crime.

Right

And Scott’s character that you’re so rich on targeting, which is being assessed on him apparently being interested in recruiting a 22 year old or whatever he is who clearly has some issues, how does that stack up against, say, someone who has an affair with a staff member?

You’re saying that the character of someone can be judged on whether they think they can rehabilitate someone yeah? Thomas is clearly a grub but that doesn’t mean he has to remain one.

Hardwick has clearly already BEEN a grub, albeit not in the same way, and that too doesn’t mean he has to remain one.

Right

And Scott’s character that you’re so rich on targeting, which is being assessed on him apparently being interested in recruiting a 22 year old or whatever he is who clearly has some issues, how does that stack up against, say, someone who has an affair with a staff member?

You’re saying that the character of someone can be judged on whether they think they can rehabilitate someone yeah? Thomas is clearly a grub but that doesn’t mean he has to remain one.

Hardwick has clearly already BEEN a grub, albeit not in the same way, and that too doesn’t mean he has to remain one.
Anyone considering recruiting a man who habitually sends death threats to women is grubby as you would agree.

Why is Geelong paying Hawkins half a million dollars a year to eat hamburgers?
One of the modern greats of the AFL, Martin is facing speculation he has “lost the hunger” as he battles through the latter stages of his career.

But the 32-year-old is struggling through 2024 to date, with a calf injury partly limiting his production as he crawls towards 300 career games.

Martin, who missed the opening round clash with the Gold Coast and round three against the Swans, has appeared in seven matches this season, which have all been defeats.

Sitting on 296 games and off-contract at the end of this season, Martin is earning around $1.35 million this year and it’s unclear if he will play on in 2025.

Anyone considering recruiting a man who habitually sends death threats to women is grubby as you would agree.

Not necessarily.

That would depend on what they intend to do with him and see from him first. I don’t believe that anyone is beyond some level of redemption as a human being. Whether they deserve a second chance in their profession or just as a free person or just to be a part of some segment of society is another question but I am not of the view that anyone just has their papers stamped as a person full stop.

And yes I’m sure that will cue some sort of habitual ‘you are just saying that because your most famous player killed someone with drugs’ response or whatever. So be it.

It has nothing to do with that.
It comes from a combination of my spiritual beliefs, personal experience and the way I was brought up. I don’t know whether he has a right to a second career or not but as someone who follows rugby league and has seen plenty of people go from one extreme to the other with the right help (and equally many who have been given numerous chances to take an olive branch and rehabilitate themselves and throw it back in people’s faces) I don’t believe that anyone is beyond some level of saving.

Not necessarily.

That would depend on what they intend to do with him and see from him first. I don’t believe that anyone is beyond some level of redemption as a human being. Whether they deserve a second chance in their profession or just as a free person or just to be a part of some segment of society is another question but I am not of the view that anyone just has their papers stamped as a person full stop.

And yes I’m sure that will cue some sort of habitual ‘you are just saying that because your most famous player killed someone with drugs’ response or whatever. So be it.

It has nothing to do with that.
It comes from a combination of my spiritual beliefs, personal experience and the way I was brought up. I don’t know whether he has a right to a second career or not but as someone who follows rugby league and has seen plenty of people go from one extreme to the other with the right help (and equally many who have been given numerous chances to take an olive branch and rehabilitate themselves and throw it back in people’s faces) I don’t believe that anyone is beyond some level of saving.
The point is Scott was doing it to help win a game of footy, not to be Jesus.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, finals MVP and NS for all 3 finals campaigns resulting in a dynasty is a cameo and is less impressive than a BOG in a thumping. Do you actually hear yourself speak?
You keep conflating team success with individual performance. Martin was also in the strongest performing finals side over those seasons. It worked both ways. You have this fantasy of him singlehandedly winning the flags rather than being the best performer in an extremely strong side.

In other words you are punishing players like Neale for having lesser performing team mates.

Ablett 2008 GF was better than in 2007, but in your eyes the 2007 game would be rated higher on account of his side winning. In fact Ablett's 2008 GF performance was better than any individual in 2007, where the TEAM smashed the opposition pillar to post (with about 12 starring performances).

Yes, finals MVP and NS for all 3 finals campaigns resulting in a dynasty is a cameo and is less impressive than a BOG in a thumping. Do you actually hear yourself speak?
And you keep refusing to comment on my Bontempelli example. Is his 2023 worse than the best Pies players, who starred in close finals to win a premiership? Is he to blame for having worse team mates that year?

Huh?

What did I say?

And yes we wouldn’t have won any flags without Dusty. No Dusty = No Richmond was a saying for a reason. Mr. Meow wants it the other way around to diminish his achievements.
You've got it the wrong way around. I am praising Martin AND that Richmond side, while refusing to blame a 2nd BOG Neale in a losing prelim for his side not earning the extra final that Martin got (Martin in fact had 4 shots at finals compared to Neale's 2).

Martin on $1.35 million a year in a struggling side to perform about as well as Brad Close is wild.

The three premierships probably make it worth it, but the aftermath has been ugly.

We don't have a boutique home ground we're allowed to train on that nobody else hardly plays on. Plus we don't have a Richmond man in the AFL to change the rules to suit our gamestyle like Hocking did, who then went back to Geelong incidently.
HA the boutique home ground we've played just 3 games on for 2 wins, 1 loss?

Everywhere else this season we are 5 wins, 1 loss. Maybe our own ground is cheating against us?

Richmond meanwhile are yet to record a win away from home.

1.Western Bulldogs
2. Port Adelaide
3.Melbourne
4. GWS
5.Collingwood
6. Gold Coast
7. St.kilda
8. Richmond
12. Essendon
13. Sydney
14. Brisbane
15. Hawthorn
16. West Coast.
17. North Melbourne
18. Geelong
Aristotle Pickett This one is my favourite. You are doing well to even show your head around here after that. You have the current top two in 13th and 18th, Richmond and St Kilda in the 8 and Bulldogs on top of the ladder.

Back