Preview Geelong v West Coast Sunday Apr 28 @ GMHBA

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but he's also no Luke Dalhaus or Brodie Mihocek either.
Yes, but he is TRAVIS VARCOE, kicked the first 2 goals in our 2011 premiership winning GF, and dished off the TV trademark lightning quick handpass to Chappy to give us the winning goal in our 2009 premiership winning GF

If geelong wins tomorrow

bigfooty- geez enright Scarlett have done such an amazing job with the defense and forward line!!! Outstanding how they have gotten them together and the performances they have gotten from the players.. wowee!!

If geelong looses tomorrow

Bigfooty- Chris Scott deserves to be hung by the noose and sacked, his a terrible coach who doesn’t tell anyone to tackle or how to deal with pressure he tells them to stand there. Terrible crap coach.
I praise/blame them all equally. But CS is the head coach.
If one of them comes up with an idea CS still has to listen and has the final say.
I assume anyway. Probably gets 100 suggestions thrown his way each game.

Might be over blowing the story a fair bit geelong went 18-4 regular season and big mummy played 18 games. Only played 3 before that year.

Come back lost 20kg for 09 then on the back of that liability Sydney offered him a long term deal when jolly went to the pies.

View attachment 662716

It's really just a wells masterstroke and let's be honest mark blake was a spud. Who ever got named in that team would of been a geelong premiership player.

Mark Blake was a bloody good tap ruckman, he was limited elsewhere but to say he was a spud is pretty harsh, he still got out there and helped us to a flag. Had a lot of time for him, really nice bloke, school teacher now i believe.

I praise/blame them all equally. But CS is the head coach.
If one of them comes up with an idea CS still has to listen and has the final say.
I assume anyway. Probably gets 100 suggestions thrown his way each game.

Not particularly referring to you but there are some on here who believe all praise goes to assistants and players and all criticism goes to head coach.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the hot dogs at the stadium being of sub standard quality is also Chris scotts blame

Not particularly referring to you but there are some on here who believe all praise goes to assistants and players and all criticism goes to head coach.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the hot dogs at the stadium being of sub standard quality is also Chris scotts blame
I don't notice it very often TBH. Maybe a bit when Lloyd first came.

Brander played on a wing in the WAFL, could see him getting a run there.

Maybe although I would expect with Barass out he maybe plays some time back and 2nd ruck too because you havent picked a 2nd ruck this week.

I reckon people just overrate Sav on here to be honest, even last year he averaged under a goal a game would be playing reserves and developing in any side that had a 2nd forward option for mine.

Disagree. People see him playing a reasonable role that no one else at this point could perform and understand he keeps other key players on the ground where we want them.

We were never the same last year after he went down despite the low/underwhelming stats.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mark Blake was a bloody good tap ruckman, he was limited elsewhere but to say he was a spud is pretty harsh, he still got out there and helped us to a flag. Had a lot of time for him, really nice bloke, school teacher now i believe.

I stand by it bloody good and average work a decade later. I'm sure he is a nice bloke and a good character.

Did well to play 99 games but after 2009 played 19 more and finished up at 25 with no lifeline no other club came sniffing.

I thought Murdoch was a spud as well went on to play a 100. In terms of how the careers went on though compared to Mumford was more the comparison.

Disagree. People see him playing a reasonable role that no one else at this point could perform and understand he keeps other key players on the ground where we want them.

We were never the same last year after he went down despite the low/underwhelming stats.

His performance is currently underwhelming on any measure. We may not have a better option to bring instead which is a valid reason to keep him in, but his current performances are subpar albeit that CHF is a very hard position to play when you're young.

His performance is currently underwhelming on any measure. We may not have a better option to bring instead which is a valid reason to keep him in, but his current performances are subpar albeit that CHF is a very hard position to play when you're young.

Any measure? Marks and goals maybe, but he makes (and impacts) many contests (not just in the air) plus he is a viable fill-in ruck. Our improvement thus far is completely resultant of our forward line pressure and he is part of that, he impacts the air, he chases, tackles and harasses. If the alternative does all of those better then bring him in, but don’t think a guy who kicks or marks better is the better option. Just my opinion.

Any measure? Marks and goals maybe, but he makes (and impacts) many contests (not just in the air) plus he is a viable fill-in ruck. Our improvement thus far is completely resultant of our forward line pressure and he is part of that, he impacts the air, he chases, tackles and harasses. If the alternative does all of those better then bring him in, but don’t think a guy who kicks or marks better is the better option. Just my opinion.
He does none of the things you have listed. He is in so Stanley can stay as a ruck.

It is. Could tell in his set shot last week (which I'd consider a strength) he's off and down in confidence. But I watched closely the ruck contests he was in. They didn't get a tap win or clearance from many. He competes well in the air and that's not the worst at the moment while we're going ok. Really don't think Fort would do any better in fact I'm certain his time in the ruck would be a problem. Abbott? The club have shown they won't consider him for that role so irrelevant.

If geelong wins tomorrow

bigfooty- geez enright Scarlett have done such an amazing job with the defense and forward line!!! Outstanding how they have gotten them together and the performances they have gotten from the players.. wowee!!

If geelong looses tomorrow

Bigfooty- Chris Scott deserves to be hung by the noose and sacked, his a terrible coach who doesn’t tell anyone to tackle or how to deal with pressure he tells them to stand there. Terrible crap coach.
My god get over your obsession and just enjoy the game.

It is. Could tell in his set shot last week (which I'd consider a strength) he's off and down in confidence. But I watched closely the ruck contests he was in. They didn't get a tap win or clearance from many. He competes well in the air and that's not the worst at the moment while we're going ok. Really don't think Fort would do any better in fact I'm certain his time in the ruck would be a problem. Abbott? The club have shown they won't consider him for that role so irrelevant.

I do agree he's competing really hard so while he's out of form thats one reason to keep persisting. Abbott plays more ruck than Fort simply because hes been in our vfl system longer so has better sync with our mids, thats logical. I think both would be considered for Sav's role and i find it odd to name both as emergencies unless Sav is in doubt.

I stand by what i said about needing to try plan B though we have hopefully learnt from 2013 and 2016 when Hawkins and Menzelwere crocked for large parts of the year but we didnt try plan B and then were forced into makeshift options in finals. I dont think we can just simply back Sav all year in because of lack of alternatives because its too risky, we cant wait a lot longer before we try to work out if what our workable alternative is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back