VFL Geelong VFL 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mighty Ducks Fist Bump GIF

Esava channelling the bash brothers. BAM!

Willis looked the good last week today 2 kicks 1 mark 0 handballs
Yep. I had that caveat last week to a post that he was the best of the first year players. He was in last weeks game but the other games he hasn’t got near it.

I still have reasonably high hopes for him as he can break lines and has a quic side step. But will play most of 23 in vfl I think. Just good he is out there!

Yep. I had that caveat last week to a post that he was the best of the first year players. He was in last weeks game but the other games he hasn’t got near it.

I still have reasonably high hopes for him as he can break lines and has a quic side step. But will play most of 23 in vfl I think. Just good he is out there!
Needs a pre-season, he has pace so i have hope for him

Ratugolea was one of our better players today. Probably needs to trim down a tad as he looks a little cumbersome for a defender where agility and evasiveness in traffic is needed.

Ratugolea was one of our better players today. Probably needs to trim down a tad as he looks a little cumbersome for a defender where agility and evasiveness in traffic is needed.
I'm going to draft a post for the "I was wrong" thread and just hold onto it until mid next year

Cheeesy saying Sav has basically reignited his footy passion since moving down back

Luvs getting more of the ball and taking marks and throwing himself into the game. Feeling much better about life and the game.

Reckon a corner might have been turned here

GO Catters

Cheeesy saying Sav has basically reignited his footy passion since moving down back

Luvs getting more of the ball and taking marks and throwing himself into the game. Feeling much better about life and the game.

GO Catters
I want to believe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently he was offered to go up to GC as extra emergency and he said no - I want to play vfl. Good for him.

He has a year left and if we can’t get value for him let him play vfl in defence in 23 and see if he can prove the doubters (me included) wrong
Extend his contract now

*this is why I'm not the list manager
**this is why list managers don't make calls on the back of a 6er of strong stout

Apparently he was offered to go up to GC as extra emergency and he said no - I want to play vfl. Good for him.

He has a year left and if we can’t get value for him let him play vfl in defence in 23 and see if he can prove the doubters (me included) wrong
if thats true.. then give him every bit of support to get him back to the AFL as defender.

You cant teach that mentality.

GO Catters

GO Catters
There is a spot for a second tall defender there. Henry is a shade too small.

Not the worst idea. I like the concept of having a guy in defence who can ruck a little bit, similar to what Hawkins does in the forward line, as it allows the actual ruckman to stay in the midfield as a marking target. This is particularly valuable when that ruckman is as mobile as Blicavs or Stanley. One of De Koning or Ratugolea being able to provide some D50 ruckwork would be a huge strategic win for us.

Not the worst idea. I like the concept of having a guy in defence who can ruck a little bit, similar to what Hawkins does in the forward line, as it allows the actual ruckman to stay in the midfield as a marking target. This is particularly valuable when that ruckman is as mobile as Blicavs or Stanley. One of De Koning or Ratugolea being able to provide some D50 ruckwork would be a huge strategic win for us.
It would be an interesting look next year if we had d50 hit outs with Sav, F50 hit outs with Hawk, then between the arcs it was 50/50 blitz/Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back