Debutant
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
0 wins 2 losses vs Crows.
0 wins 3 losses vs Power.

Total - 0 wins 5 losses.
Win percentage - 0%.

Geelong have been by far the most dominant team in the AFL era, winning four flags and a truckload of finals, so it's surprising to learn about this record of theirs.

Total - 0 wins 5 losses.
Win percentage - 0%.

Geelong have been by far the most dominant team in the AFL era, winning four flags and a truckload of finals, so it's surprising to learn about this record of theirs.
Geelong supporters just love talking about the 1997 semi final...

Total - 0 wins 5 losses.
Win percentage - 0%.

Not great reading. We usually do pretty well against both SA sides in the H&A season but obviously not in finals.

Finals record in Adelaide thread being started in the wee hours of a Sunday morning in April? I thought this must have been one of those threads from 20 years ago that had received the obligatory stoner bump. Has a bit of number crunching with the ladder predictor got out of hand?

Anyway, I'll bite. In those cases (at least the ones from the past 20 years) the SA teams earned the home ground advantage by simply being a better team, or - at the very least - the higher seed. They should be winning those games, granted it would have been nice for us to win one or two and there were a couple where I thought we were a real show. In (at least) two of those games - Port in 2004 and Adelaide in 2017 - I remember thinking we were absolutely no chance of winning.

So, since we're not even at Anzac Day yet and since the road to a premiership doesn't need to include a triumph in Adelaide if you're good enough, the focus should be on how we've generally gone at Adelaide Oval. And in the home and away fixtures we've actually done well there, including big wins against Port over there in 2021 and 2022.

Total - 0 wins 5 losses.
Win percentage - 0%.

Would prefer to have more flags like the Cats though...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back