No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Willow never aimed at anyone and there was no malice in his actions, unlike Goodes and Jetta, who seem to violently act AT the opposition supporters.
I agree...seems aggressive and deliberately antagonistic.
Dont know why anyone would do that.....and certainly dont understand why they would then both go on national tv and complain about being booed.

Its getting to be embarassing when everyone in the media continues to put all in the racist basket.

If someone mimed throwing something at me without any provocation....they would get asked "what was that all about" regardless of who they are or what nationality they were.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Another Fox Footy presenter has shot their own argument in the face with their own statement.

Dunstall shows some footage of Cotchin coming in past the ball in what could be construed as aiming for a bump on Fyfe's bandaged quad where he got the Mitchell corkie. Looked about as definitively deliberate as Mitchell's hit just with more time to make the decision.

Browny disagrees saying he wouldn't have had the time to think that through. Dunstall points out it's common place for players to target those bandaged areas but again Browny disagrees.

Rewind a few weeks and you'll find this same bloke, sure as anything that Mitchell knew exactly what he was doing and had all the time in the world to plot it. Despite Mitchell only seeing Fyfe at the last moment due to having eyes on the ball carrier, and Fyfe moving in towards him on his running line. Unlike Cotchin who makes a bee line past the ball to Fyfe's quad.

Blatant inconsistency in opinion from the same bloke on the same issue just weeks apart. Don't anybody tell me there isn't a media bias against Hawthorn and Sam Mitchell in particular because it is there on record for all to see.
Bang on the money.

Maybe I caught on late - but the first time I heard the booing prominently was in the GF last year which came on the heels of the Warney tweets about him staging.
Didn't that one stir up some shit?

And some sooking!

“I’ve spoken to a lot of different people and there are a lot of different attributes to why it started and it’s sheep-like now — people don’t know why they’re doing it.

I know exactly why I boo him, because he is a cheap and dirty player that has to resort to playing the man and not the ball in order to compete
He is also a complete arseh*le.

Swans board is at super-high level 7 Chernobyl meltdown sensitivity....Suggested the lack of booing towards Jetta might be a reason to re-think the 'racism-only-card'....Post summarily dispatched along with an immediate fred ban....WTF?

Those flogs have taken leave of their senses & have lost the plot entirely.

I would think one of the reasons people are booing Goodes now is because all the media experts who seem to think they know everyone's motivation are telling them not to. So rather than saying they are sheep that don't know what they are doing as Gill suggested they are exercising their right to boo as a way of saying you can't tell us not to boo.

Absolutely spot on. I would never boo him either, but I'm not going to tell others they can't. You've echoed my sentiments precisely.

That's how I feel. I rarely boo and would certainly not boo Goodes for any of the reasons others do but I don't see why they can't boo him if they want to. (I would possibly boo him in an individual game if he did something dirty to one of our players or the umps were giving him a free ride or something like that though).

Even Burgers asked that it stop and if we respect Silk in the manner that I think we do, then that should be enough.

I respect Burgers and I respect his opinion. I however disagree with him and would not stop because he asks me to. I am not a sheep ;)

Also, I thought a while ago the line was it's pointless booing him because it has no effect on him, if anything it it only spurs him on to play better. Now we are being told it does affect him. Which is it?

Am i the only one that heard boos whenever Jetta went near the ball after his little dance? Perhaps he just didn't get near it much, but i could have sworn he got booed (although perhaps not to the same levels as Goodes)

Here's some great images as supplied by Custard Guts over on The Cult of Robbo Thread...AKA (TGO)
FPoLQ3u.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly HONESTLY believe people boo him because he was a fraud AOTY.. I think the masses have called him out as a fake, I think the public believe he's not worthy of the honour.

Haha, how many of those people could name any other Australian of the Year for the past decade?? Why do they only care when it's a black fella who speaks out of turn?

Speaking of talking footy, Tim Watson was absolutely ropeable that Gibson wasn't given a week for the tummy tap. Spare me :rolleyes:
Just watching it now.

Where was he when Buddy and Tippet got 1 week for their incidents? That was when the MRP showed they were becoming lenient and player friendly.

Haha, how many of those people could name any other Australian of the Year for the past decade?? Why do they only care when it's a black fella who speaks out of turn?

Maybe because none of them bombastically defamed the honour of the country/society bestowing the award upon them....Just at a guess mind you.

It's not his fault he was made Australian of the year - some committee somewhere decided that.

Once that happened he had two choices one to accept the award (so everyone damns him as undeserving) or even worse he rejects it (and everyone damns him for rejecting a top honour)

If people are booing him for AOTY (which probably shouldn't go to a sportsman but to someone in a field that doesn't get much recognition) then I think that's pretty poor - but hey that's my opinion and you probably have a different one and that's ok

After being awarded NSW AOTY he was excited to be in the running for the grand prize. Paraphrasing.

The committee would not award it to someone unless they knew they'd accept it.

Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China....I.E.....Relevance?

You've said Goodes defamed the honour of Australia... how so and how is that relevant to the award? I'm bringing up Rafter because i'd suggest an athlete who is avoiding paying taxes to his country is just as controversial. But of course it doesn't matter because he's Pat Rafter and he says 'sorry mate' when he stuffs up a serve n that

You seriously want us to carry on like soccer players? The ball would be bounced before they get back to their positions. Worst argument ever. Oops, hope you don't dob me in to the mods.
I want the other team to carry on while we get on with it.

Interesting isn't it, Melbourne are still terrible but now it's not Roos getting questioned its the players when the media wants to talk about it

The media have been banging on about 'the state of the game' like they do every year.

I'll give me a hint. Coaches like Roos and Lyon should be criticized not praised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back