Opinion Gil and Steve are wankas - opposition supporters welcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

You find more participation ribbons in the bin after sports day than you do blue, red and even green ribbons. Go figure!

Absolutely! I used to give away my non blue ribbons to the kid in the class who had downs syndrome. Kids aren't stupid. But at the end of the day it's such a trivial thing and so bizarrely over exaggerated that people legitimately claim it's causing quitters.

Guess what, you find more late bloomers and hard workers in the AFL than kids who got praised by their parents for their stardom in the U12s. Who are the players we love and appreciate? Is it the talented type like Vickery, Lennon, Morton or the hard working type like Lambert, Macca, Rance?

My old man is a teacher and is in charge of special education. He has this anecdote about poker chips. He used to tell me that kids like me were born with a lot of poker chips so we can take the punt and give things a go and if I lost a few poker chips it didn't matter. He used to tell me that some kids were sadly just born s**t out of luck and started life with 1 poker chip. What does it take for them to gamble that poker chip? I'm not advocating the idea that everyones outcome should be considered equal. The winners are still rewarded in todays society and when I was a kid. Hardly any of us gave a stuff about participation awards of course but for some kids it may be the only thing they've ever been rewarded for.

Why are suicide rates up for teenage kids if home/school is so easy and they don't have any hardship until "they get into the work force". It's a load of crap lol

Why are suicide rates up for teenage kids if home/school is so easy and they don't have any hardship until "they get into the work force". It's a load of crap lol

That's a whole other subject Cotcho that has little to do with Participation Ribbons or even sport in general. Abuse is more prevalent than we dare admit, and if your father is indeed an SEP teacher he'll confirm this, as the lower you register on 'the scale' the more prone you become, sadly.

Edit, just saw this on the news feed.....

Last edited:

That's a whole other subject Cotcho that has little to Participation Ribbons or even sport in general. Abuse is more prevalent than we dare admit, and if your father is indeed an SEP teacher he'll confirm this, as the lower you register on 'the scale' the more prone you become sadly.

Shocking stuff. Really, really terrible. :( Glad our club can do a small part with the partnership with the Allanah and Madeline foundation.

That's a whole other subject Cotcho that has little to do with Participation Ribbons or even sport in general. Abuse is more prevalent than we dare admit, and if your father is indeed an SEP teacher he'll confirm this, as the lower you register on 'the scale' the more prone you become, sadly.

I reckon i got a few costly back handers in my young days...

I really want to hear Stephen Hocking come out and speak about this Stephenson outcome. Has he done that yet? If not, where’s his leadership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done. I reckon all supporters of any game should umpire at least one before they offer "feedback" on how the umpires go at the top level.
Difference is the AFL umpires are getting paid handsomely and since umpiring is still part time, they spend stuff all time working on the ones they get wrong. If this was made a full time gig and they were made accountable for mistakes in the media the same way players are, then I’d be far less annoyed by the clear errors.

I can’t believe I’m saying this ,but I actually feel bad for the umpires this season. There are so many unnecessary rule changes that are open to different interpretation that it is stifling the game causing enormous frustration to the fans
It’s being horribly over umpired by these ridiculous rules foisted upon them

I don’t boo but I did remember Goodes getting it from us for two games where he blatantly staged for free kicks, slid in with his feet and laying a squirrel grip on Taylor Hunt. That’s where it started for us it had nothing to do with his race but him acting like a complete flog on the field.

of voice of common sense
I 2000% agree with the Sir Lion booing of Goodes , I challenged rabid Swans supporters about the sicken numbers of soft frees he would get and the sooky behaviour if he didn't get a free , they hung their heads , even they were ashamed

The AFL/umpires had created the situation and to direct blame away from them said it was the rank and file supporters being horrible racists

At the time we only booed one poorly behaved indigenous player

Now it became an over protected little bald guy and again the AFL is blaming the great unwashed masses
and our version of Ablett hunting opposition players and smashing them with his forearm is totally wrong
and the video footage -totally wrong

In both cases , prolonged over the top protection of Goodes and Ablett has brought out some poor behaviour in both
To Goodes credit he kept his retirement under wraps and out of the spotlight and he has kept out of the spotlight ever since
The Ablett situation is still to play itself out
We saw similar poor behaviour from Chris Judd , the intense media spot light on these guys clearly takes its toll

exactly how we handle the stars of our game "crossing the line" is hard to work out
their poor behaviours are a by product of our obsession with our great game

the thing we want the most to stop is the AFL always , always , blaming the public

I can’t believe I’m saying this ,but I actually feel bad for the umpires this season. There are so many unnecessary rule changes that are open to different interpretation that it is stifling the game causing enormous frustration to the fans
It’s being horribly over umpired by these ridiculous rules foisted upon them

Agree big unit.

I'm not really an umpire, just got asked to umpire a juniors game. First one ever. I was so old school I kept yelling out "play on, not 10!". It was harder than it looks because the players get in the way, but also you're never wrong, so the game just keeps going. I recommend it if anyone's interested, it's fun.

To answer your question, I reckon umpires get scared of the crowd noise, definitely why WA and SA clubs get so many frees at home. Probably the same with Collingwood.

Not sure why we get reamed though.

I never seen to have an issue the way the VFL umps go about it. They tend to only pay the obvious ones. They seem to get there will be incidental contact in a 360 degree contact sport.

Not sure if that’s just a change in philosophy or less perceived pressure because it’s not the elite level. But in my experience they do a much better job than AFL umps.

I really want to hear Stephen Hocking come out and speak about this Stephenson outcome. Has he done that yet? If not, where’s his leadership?

Might be waiting a while. Has kept a low profile since he came out and said everyone loved the rules changes this year. What a dyckewad

Might be waiting a while. Has kept a low profile since he came out and said everyone loved the rules changes this year. What a dyckewad
By everyone he meant all the cats members

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep. But doesn’t this suspension come under his domain?

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Difference is the AFL umpires are getting paid handsomely and since umpiring is still part time, they spend stuff all time working on the ones they get wrong. If this was made a full time gig and they were made accountable for mistakes in the media the same way players are, then I’d be far less annoyed by the clear errors.
gettyimages-157434369-1024x1024.jpg

Yep. But doesn’t this suspension come under his domain?

Speaks volumes that he has said nothing and left it to Dillon

I was thinking that while I was at salubrious North Heidelberg game ( playing coach your own Boomer) in the heart of West Heidelberg sandwiched between an industrial estate and commission flats last week.
Feral for sure , but real core suburban roots footy and far more enjoyable than the sterile franchise footy we’re subjected to at AFL level.
Abysmal place to play in the mid 80's - me sng my ruckman got a sawn-off puleedon us one day as we walked off Shelley (pretty sure that was the name of it) Park.

Speaks volumes that he has said nothing and left it to Dillon

Yep. Absolutely it speaks volumes about the man and the way the game is governed.

Abysmal place to play in the mid 80's - me sng my ruckman got a sawn-off puleedon us one day as we walked off Shelley (pretty sure that was the name of it) Park.
Yep Shelley Park or the kennel as it’s known. The venue you’d most like to avoid in the 70s 80s and 90s.
I’ve seen glasses thrown, fires and spectator brawls there but never a gun 🥺
They’d also open up the partition between the 2 sides and sing the theme song ‘at’ you when they won.
Still an intimidating venue but the leagues cleaned up its act.

The sooner Benny takes over the better

Just over the bye round, when the footy is not always on, it has turned to shite for Gil and co

Bald headed flog...green maggots...3 weeks detention
An army of SS at the footy to monitor crowd “behaviour ‘
Integrity issues with Stephenson betting on games ( notice he got 12 weeks suspended so he can play finals)

Gil has to go
Benny has to take charge

Yep. Absolutely it speaks volumes about the man and the way the game is governed.

Had a quick google, headlines which came up were "AFL will act if booing of Ablett continues" and "AFL umpires 2019".

Dealing with the big issues!! lol

Had a quick google, headlines which came up were "AFL will act if booing of Ablett continues" and "AFL umpires 2019".

Dealing with the big issues!! lol

Nailed it. He’s a ******* beaurocrat, rat politician *.

I think there’s a growing thought, even amongst the sucky media, that McLachlan has to go.

A few media outlets have pushed the question, suggested things are going awry etc. There was even the suggestion that he was already being manouvered out by the AFL itself.

I give him 12 months.

I reckon i got a few costly back handers in my young days...

My mother was worse than my father where back handers were concerned, but I deserved every one. 😁

I think there’s a growing thought, even amongst the sucky media, that McLachlan has to go.

A few media outlets have pushed the question, suggested things are going awry etc. There was even the suggestion that he was already being manouvered out by the AFL itself.

I give him 12 months.

Loved the comment offered up on radio today (SEN) where Gilbert McAdam now has a guest spot. A caller welcomed him as the best Gil in the AFL at the moment. It wasn't lost on Andy Maher who soon made a little extra of it 👏

Remove this Banner Ad

Back