News Gone: Sam Jacobs traded to GWS for 2020 4th round pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta give a toast to Sam for his contributions to the club. One of our best rucks, had a few really dominant seasons and was robbed of All Australian.

Best of luck at the new club, definitely the right move for all involved

Call me bitter, but ‘team first approach’ when you wouldn’t play in the SANFL finals rubbed me the wrong way.

He definitely left on a sour note with his actions there. But it kinda fit with a lot of comments from our senior players about how they "deserve" their spot and all that.

The best thing for the club was to move him on. Move on from that culture and give Jacobs a chance to extend his career if he feels he deserves it.

Gotta give a toast to Sam for his contributions to the club. One of our best rucks, had a few really dominant seasons and was robbed of All Australian.

Best of luck at the new club, definitely the right move for all involved
Not happy with how he’s acted this year, but definitely our best ruck since Rehn.

I think we should all take a step back from the SANFL finals drama to acknowledge a great player for our club and a great bloke.

Good from you Sauce. All the best in the twilight of your career. Thanks for the memories... and all the hitouts too advantage!

This photo will go down in history as one of the very few times anyone managed to capture Jacobs jumping off the turf in a ruck battle 😂

A rare sighting, especially in his later years

495759_gl.jpg

(Look at those centimeters of elevation)

Sad but the right move for everyone. He's been our number 1 for a number of years and has been a great servant for the club. Great bloke and always said hi back when I gave him a hello whenever I saw him around Glenelg.

Good luck to him.

Call me bitter, but ‘team first approach’ when you wouldn’t play in the SANFL finals rubbed me the wrong way.
Totally agree, he was fantastic up until 2018 when his entitlement and selfishness kicked in. Its a shame that such a sour taste has been left over, he was very vauluable to us for a long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like FA compo, it shouldn't exist - but considering it does exist what are we looking at?
he's unrestricted isn't he?

Jacobs has performed really well for us over a number of years. He can be proud of his efforts and the recruiters who grabbed him can be very pleased.

His actions this year demonstrate many of the issues with the club. The great clubman suddenly exposed as a me first senior player - just like many others.

Was a shame he couldn't perform as a quality ruckman in the 2017 GF when his opponent was an undersized fill in at best.

No word on his destination but he's outta here. You'd think to GWS
Probably not GWS, if he's expecting to get there via FA.
I don't like FA compo, it shouldn't exist - but considering it does exist what are we looking at?
Probably band 4 (end of 2nd round) or band 5 (3rd round).

and here come the typical pissants that are on social media.

"OMG Sauce is leaving, what is wrong with this club"

"Why can't we retain players"

"Sauce, don't leave us"

So typical of the SA mentality.

People seem to like demanding change, but then panic when change actually occurs.

Last edited:
just edited what I wrote. I think if he's unrestricted we get nothing
Restricted or Unrestricted makes no difference to whether or not compensation is awarded.

What matters are the $$$ and the length of contract, with age a minor consideration.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back