Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Percentage boost.
Milera starting to take the next steps. This is the kind of game he needs to take ownership of his development as a mid. He did.

Good debut by Stengle. Can see why it has taken so long to get in. He has very limited defensive instincts. Yeah pressure act stat looks pretty but he does.not have the "stopper" mind set Eddie and Murphy have.

Having said that very good offensively. He should stay in the team. The three small forwards could form a good unit.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

A 2011 performance by the Suns. Diabolical. How the hell did Melbourne lose to these chooches

The boys just looked bored being out there, but that's no surprise.

Learned nothing,

No one was "good" how the heck can you judge any of it given the opposiiton was so lousy.

Got the %, but wasted a chance to play some kids
Incorrect. We did learn something - Stengle is a handy small forward and the forwards can function well with him in there.

Also, even if the skills were mostly average, we handed the Coasters their biggest loss at their home ground. Also we played out the whole game bar the last couple of minutes. BIG step from last week.

Good:
Mackay did nothing so hasn’t exactly solidified his spot

Betts regained some confidence but now needs to repeat that dose against Saad who he has struggled with in the past

Tex was a real positive tonight too

Jenkins also regained some touch

B Crouch’s tackling was clearly a focus for him this week. Much more intent to tackle from him this week than in recent times.

Look Atkins obviously played well. I’ll talk more about that in the “bad” section.

Milera was huge.

Nice to see Stengle kick a few on debut.

Matt was Matt.

Talia looked pretty good.

Bad:
I’m never one to complain about umpiring, but there were some absolute howlers out there tonight. ROB with 7 frees against. I can live with 4 of them. The other 3 were utter bullshit. The holding the ball call against Knight was another piece of ridiculousness. Also a “play on” call which led to a horror Keath turnover after he clearly marked the ball.

The fact that a 30 plus year old Mackay played in this game against a complete rabble over a young kid is an outrage. The fact that Mackay was in our worst 6 players on the night makes it even more of an outrage.

Seedsman looked pretty horrible. Thought he’d turned the corner after his game against the Cats. Last 2 weeks are very concerning.

We just strengthened Gold Coast’s claims for a priority pick.

The typical downhill skiers (Jenkins and Atkins leading the charge) were on show after their absolute pissant performances against better sides in the lead-up. You wouldn’t read about it. Watch them disappear in a must-win game against a side in our 5th-9th bracket next week. It’s as predictable as the sun coming up each morning.

Also bad:
Carlton are going to win again next week. Then we play the Blues the following week at the G. Anyone else dreading that game as much as me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good: won my multi in the last minute. We won

Bad: was only Gold Coast like beating up a Auskick team

The good

Percentage boost
The Stengle and betts show... hope we see more of it and it gets better and better..
ROB.. he was up against the GC and the umpires tonight and still shone through.
JJ.. took some great grabs

The Bad

Our midfield, even against that shite, still lost the clearances battle... that’s completely unacceptable.

Mookay... again... manages to do SFA even in a side that won by almost 100.. ok, so he laid one good tackle and did one good sprint off half back.. FAAAARRK OFF DAVID.
Seed.. something really down with him at the moment
Gold Coast... they are absolutely beyond putrid.

Incorrect. We did learn something - Stengle is a handy small forward and the forwards can function well with him in there.

Also, even if the skills were mostly average, we handed the Coasters their biggest loss at their home ground. Also we played out the whole game bar the last couple of minutes. BIG step from last week.
I'll wait till I see him play at a standard higher than SANFL before knowing that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back