Good Friday Footy , here it is

Remove this Banner Ad

When it comes to mass murderers, atheists in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Pagans are not atheists.
Atheists have no god.
Monotheists have one god.
Pagans have many gods, chief of which is nature.

nothing like chaining a chick to a rock on the top of a hill and going to town on her under a full moon while wearing a dead goat as a hat- eating mushrooms- pretending to be an ant or some mud- bbq and blood curdling screams--- splendour in the grass/

Time here for Balme to take charge, lay out the proposal to the AFL including the dollars they will make and have good Friday an exclusive day when the two biggest teams in the AFL fight it out in front of 100,000 fans. Rich v Pies, it makes sense, actually it makes many dollars and cents. Thanks Norf, thanks dogs but time to step aside and let the heavyweights fight it out :thumbsu:

Pagans are not atheists.
Atheists have no god.

I think he may have been targeting the poster (an atheist apparently), not the pagans.
Atheists have an outstanding record as mass murderers.
Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc.
Incidentally, a pagan usually refers to a worshiper of a non-Christian or a non-mainstream religion.
A 'pantheist' is someone who believes in many gods.
And animism is the general definition of nature worship (druidism is one form for example).

I have once a year fish and chips on GF , haven't been to Church since 1987 however it's a tradition I like to uphold

Did anyone else read GF as 'Grand Final' here?

I think he may have been targeting the poster (an atheist apparently), not the pagans.
Atheists have an outstanding record as mass murderers.
Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot etc.
Incidentally, a pagan usually refers to a worshiper of a non-Christian or a non-mainstream religion.
A 'pantheist' is someone who believes in many gods.
And animism is the general definition of nature worship (druidism is one form for example)

You are absolutely correct. It is a relief to know that everybody does not think of Pagans as unworthy people.
Thank you for your succinct definitions in the sections bolded.

As far as I know, there is only one mainstream Western religion that was founded upon an appallingly brutal and sadistic human sacrifice and celebrated daily in self-described enlightened countries in a spiritually cannibalistic ritual involving flesh and blood.
It isn't Paganism.

As far as I know, there is only one mainstream Western religion that was founded upon an appallingly brutal and sadistic human sacrifice and celebrated daily in self-described enlightened countries in a spiritually cannibalistic ritual involving flesh and blood.
It isn't Paganism.

I think leaving out the bit about it being an act of self-sacrifice means your statement is a tad misleading. But anyway, we're getting off point. The point is, no footy on Good Friday was a tradition which I thought worthy of continuing for quite a number of reasons. I actually didn't mind country footy being played on Good Friday because, in my experience, going to the country footy is more family friendly than going to an AFL match.
The fact Richmond is not involved in this game means I will treat the day as if there is no AFL footy happening. As I said, the AFL can go and get ****ed.

I think leaving out the bit about it being an act of self-sacrifice means your statement is a tad misleading. But anyway, we're getting off point. The point is, no footy on Good Friday was a tradition which I thought worthy of continuing for quite a number of reasons. I actually didn't mind country footy being played on Good Friday because, in my experience, going to the country footy is more family friendly than going to an AFL match.
The fact Richmond is not involved in this game means I will treat the day as if there is no AFL footy happening. As I said, the AFL can go and get stuffed.
Whatever you do, don't do anything that would involve contributing money to North Melbourne. That's my guiding principle anyway.
Yeah, don't go.
The country footy would be a much better choice.
Much better.
The pies and beer would be cheaper as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get this 'family time' on Good Friday.
I actively try to avoid my family every day.
Even better to avoid them on those special occasions when everyone indulges in a few drinks.
Family holidays that combine alcohol with extended family reunions are a ticking time bomb of jealousies and old grievances ready to explode.

Pagans are not atheists.
Atheists have no god.

The Pagans are good at selling real estate in Moonee Ponds. Could coach at #lolnorth. Stank at the Blues.

Haere Ra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back