Grand Final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

David Mensch

Senior List
Jun 20, 2001
Corio, Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong
Most of you have no doubt expressed some disappointment in the past at the grand final entertainment, both pre-match and half time. I am pleased to announce that this year you will see an extravaganza like never before. Wayne Jackson called me last night to ask for some advice on how to spice things up for the big day. I had been expecting this call for quite some time so i had plenty of suggestions to offer him.

I told Jacko that the kids running around with flags is no good at all. They should be carrying streamers. This might be costly, but it would be well worth it. I told him that fireworks are essential. He said that fireworks lose their effect when they are set off during the day. I suggested he close the roof and turn off the lights, but he said the MCG doesn't have a roof. Sometimes there's no pleasing that guy!

I told him that nobody wants to hear some has-been singer get up and sing Waltzing Matilda. We need someone like Rocky Burnett singing "Tired of Toein' the Line" to really rock the crowd. If he is unavailable I suggested Shakin Stevens; either way we can't lose. I made sure he was aware that "Doin' the Cazaly" is extremely uncool and should be scrapped in favor of either the Macarena or the Chicken Dance. However, I expressed firmly that the jets flying over the stadium was a feature that had to be kept at all costs.

He seemed very impressed with my ideas and asked if i would be a consultant to co-ordinate the entertainment for the day. I told him that i can't play in the grand final AND help with the entertainment. It is a pity that i will be in the changing rooms with the other players during all the fun and excitement, but i am content just knowing that you guys will all be awestruck by the spectacle - enjoy!

P.S If any of you have your own suggestions i will be happy to pass them on to Wayne.

:D Menschy, you are a classic.

Personally, I don't think you could go past Angry Anderson on the back of the batmobile (or a Ute with batmobile wings stuck on) belting out "Bound for glory". What a pearler that was.
He'd be cheap as well I reckon.

Even that old country bloke who poured his heart n soul into Waltzing Matilda before the 88 GF (I think) was pretty good too.
He could make a comeback.

By the way, how do we know it is really D.Mensch?
Can you give us an obscure Menschy fact that only he or his mother would know.
But then again if you did that no one could dispute it:rolleyes:

Oh well, who ever you are, very funny, keep it up.

Originally posted by Dippers Donuts
[BBy the way, how do we know it is really D.Mensch?
Can you give us an obscure Menschy fact that only he or his mother would know.
[/B]
OK. I have 11 toes. 7 on one foot, 4 on the other.

Originally posted by David Mensch
Most of you have no doubt expressed some disappointment in the past at the grand final entertainment, both pre-match and half time. I am pleased to announce that this year you will see an extravaganza like never before. Wayne Jackson called me last night to ask for some advice on how to spice things up for the big day. I had been expecting this call for quite some time so i had plenty of suggestions to offer him.

I told Jacko that the kids running around with flags is no good at all. They should be carrying streamers. This might be costly, but it would be well worth it. I told him that fireworks are essential. He said that fireworks lose their effect when they are set off during the day. I suggested he close the roof and turn off the lights, but he said the MCG doesn't have a roof. Sometimes there's no pleasing that guy!

LOL!! That's some of the best you've ever done here Menschy!

You are a bigfooty legend (pity you're not a footy legend hey!!;) )

Originally posted by topdon
For some reason...

on its own, cracks me up!! :D

You are quite right topdon! I always find that same line amusing as well. And the $hitty thing is, I don't know why!

Originally posted by CJH

You are quite right topdon! I always find that same line amusing as well. And the $hitty thing is, I don't know why!

Too right! I just don't know why!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha me too. I find myself looking out for menschy when the cats play.

What happened today menschy? I demand a reply!

Hope you didn't mind me yelling some pleasantries your way when you paid us a visit at the SCG in Round13. After all you did grace us with 2 beautiful behinds! ;P

Remove this Banner Ad

Back