Guess the Marlion Pickett connection

Remove this Banner Ad

Royce Hafey

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2013
Point Cook
AFL Club
Richmond
Being a fan of all things quirky (not to mention having a Gramsci obsession) I couldn't help but share a weird connection I just discovered between Marlion Pickett and the downfall of Mussolini.

I will simply post two pictures and it's up to you to guess the connection.

The first is of the young Marlion celebrating a junior footy GF:

manjimup colts.jpg

The second is a photo of celebrated Italian partisan leader, Piero Balbo:
Piero_Balbo_cropped.jpg
What do these two have in common (apart from being good looking roosters)?

Both born in Manjimup?
Well done! What an Italian partisan leader was doing getting born in a tiny Western Australian town is anybody's guess. That flog Sam Kekovich comes from there too, but I left him out because...well because he's a flog. Manjimup is also apparently the main place where they've started growing truffles. If they were growing them back in the day, Balbo's parents might have hung around (northern Italians love their truffles) and never got to shoot any Nazis. Sliding doors moments (of which Marlion has had his fair share).

Well done! What an Italian partisan leader was doing getting born in a tiny Western Australian town is anybody's guess. That flog Sam Kekovich comes from there too, but I left him out because...well because he's a flog. Manjimup is also apparently the main place where they've started growing truffles. If they were growing them back in the day, Balbo's parents might have hung around (northern Italians love their truffles) and never got to shoot any Nazis. Sliding doors moments (of which Marlion has had his fair share).
But what about their left elbows?!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back