Hartung, Stewart and Willsmore(to be rookied, due to contract) all delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe at the start of 2017 this was true - but Hardwick has come from nowhere to now have a lock on a best 22 position. Morrison will likely play more games than he'll miss next year. Cousins is showing great potential. Ollie will get senior games from all reports next year. Howe is rapidly showing he belongs at senior level. Glass looked like a leader at senior level in his first game. When you add the players we have coming back from injury into this mix plus the younger players we are going to have to get exposed to senior footy this year (hopefully including O'Rourke and Lovell) then I no longer think that Hartung is ahead of a 'fair chunk' of our list and is a victim of our successful forced rebuild year. You can throw names like Miles and Willsmore around, sure, but they have contracts remaining and Billy didn't. He was expendable and that's what happened.

There's no doubt he can run fast - but his lack of decision making almost nullifies this. He may be able to work on this and develop into a better player - but obviously our list management folk didn't think so.

I disagree, but we do have some young kids who looks ok coming through that can fill his spot.

Rumour we could pay Tyrone out and he could retire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a lot of sense to that, is there?

We have to pay him, either way. Why not keep him as insurance & for the BHH kids to have something to kick at & on the 1/100 chance he comes good then we've not wasted the million bucks.

Not a lot of sense to that, is there?

We have to pay him, either way. Why not keep him as insurance & for the BHH kids to have something to kick at & on the 1/100 chance he comes good then we've not wasted the million bucks.

And not just that we have to pay him; but those payments are included in the 2018 salary cap as well.

And he has played and kicked goals at AFL level: who's to say he can't do that again?

I doubt his salary would compromise our cap if we were to replace him with a better backup option. It may be more of a case of creating an extra spot on the list for another de-listed FA who would be a better fit for our game plan. But I'm just hypothesizing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many spots are left on our list ?
i would rather bring in s.crameri instead of willsmore at this stage..

Well you lost all your moral highground on being right on the Vickery thing by wanting Crameri to be added to the list.

how many spots are left on our list ?
i would rather bring in s.crameri instead of willsmore at this stage..
I’m not saying Willsmore is going to be part of our next premiership but

Crameri def isn’t

Why would we pick him up ??

Well you lost all your moral highground on being right on the Vickery thing by wanting Crameri to be added to the list.
Haha we never agree lately, fair enough lets see who right at season end. I think he worth a punt on min wage. I must have the same Iq as the geelong list manager.

I’m not saying Willsmore is going to be part of our next premiership but

Crameri def isn’t

Why would we pick him up ??

He will provide more than willsmore even if you get 2-3 yrs out of him.
My main reason being he would be a handy back up if tob&shoey are showing inconsistency like last season. He is a solid hit up option. Who can play higher up the ground.
Give u flexibility with roughy, gunston in games if u want to use it.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back