Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

He didn't even do that though!
I watched him and he wasn't even drinking cola- maybe because he's old and he'd had enough caffiene for the day? Either way he was just sitting there with his arms folded. Not talking to anyone.
What the * was he actually doing. Nothing.
The dogs were monstering Power and Bevo's on the phone, looking around, mouth running like a madman. Clearly doing something. Ken's not even drinking ******* cola.

I dunno why Kotchie didn't text him and say: "Mate what are you doing?"
Was there anyone there to even tell Ken to do some tagging?

I remember Dermie saying that a senior coach once thanked him because he took advice that dermie was giving on the radio.
Someone should have at least turned the ******* TV screen off mute so Kenny could listen to the commentators.
Even the numpties on television were saying: "* me what's Ken doing, why aren't they tagging Libba?"

It's like he hadn't even realised the match had started.
What a shitshow of a ******* performance from everyone. And I mean everyone: The players were crap. Ken was rubbish.
Even the Port Adelaide supporters were terrible on the night. They were shellshocked and silent, not even trying to "Gee Up" their boys.
They didn't sing "Never Tear Us Apart" with anywhere near enough gusto and vigour. They were scared.

The whole club from the board and president and that guy on TV all the way to the supporters should feel embarrassed and ashamed of their performances.

Blaming the Coach is disrespecting the opposition.

No one was going to beat the Dogs and that extends to next fortnight.

Dogs are the real deal, had a taste, hungry for more, can play with form and still get the job done.
I agree with, that it's bad disrespecting your opponents, no one should do it.

Great opponents make you great.

But I think either Ken was dumbfounded or actually believed that Port were on and ready.

Hindsight is a strange thing when look at past facts, wins losses all the drivel from the year, my point is, a coach should try something anything, and he knew in the first quarter they were facing some kind of Dog onslaught.
Also every game coming up is differen. Every split second everything all things, as tiny as you can imagine is different every week.

Maybe Port showed up as what they really are???
Or , maybe Port just had a bad bad day. There is no excuse they just didn't have it in them at the time!

Lol, yeah, you might win 8 but it wont be at our expense, i think most would agree on that.

Would you like us to go camping in the off season to give you a sniff?

Jesus, 4 wins 26 losses against top 4 sides over past 5 years.

We have won 10 of 27.

There is only one side who has choked at home three times since 2014 when games switched to Adelaide Oval. Lets not even mention the chokes at AAMI stadium.

Just go into hiding for the next few months and then come back in February where you will tell us how great your ageing side is.

there is no doubt Port Adelaide is not the greatest team to take to the park but let's discuss the issue with logic, reality and with some idea about football. By your logic the dees are sh*t because they lost to the crows! The dees are a wonderful side, thus we can dismiss you logic

Port Adelaide had a remarkable season, especially given the injury management and the talent on offer, carving out enough wins to finish second. We aren't the second best side though, as the competition is compromised. We played 4 bottom 8 sides twice, giving us some easy wins. We did however knock off the tigers before they went to sh*t, we knocked off the doggies in an impressive comeback and knocked off the cats by a margin.

Where we struggle is we lack a genuine KPD at full back and as a result Aliir's rebound is lost when he's forced to be the back up to McKenzie rather than the quarter back. Dixon's body is ruined and no longer has the ability to exert forward pressure or generate space away from his man. We also lack genuine pace in the centre square.

Port were the 4th or 5th best side this year, which reflects the 2021 season and finals as a whole.

I predict we will go backwards next year as our best players and too old and the youth coming through aren't coming on as expected.

A sensible post.

Boak will be 34 come this time next year, Robbie Gray will be 34 as the season begins. These two players were in the centre square at the start of the game.

Get rid of him now, it will happen later next year anyway.

Tell me how clubs like Carlton can burn through coaches yet Port seem unable to remove one?
Because of your president thinking he is more important than he actually is and having too much say and trying to be the new Eddie McGuire with collingwood on tv

there is no doubt Port Adelaide is not the greatest team to take to the park but let's discuss the issue with logic, reality and with some idea about football. By your logic the dees are sh*t because they lost to the crows! The dees are a wonderful side, thus we can dismiss you logic

Port Adelaide had a remarkable season, especially given the injury management and the talent on offer, carving out enough wins to finish second. We aren't the second best side though, as the competition is compromised. We played 4 bottom 8 sides twice, giving us some easy wins. We did however knock off the tigers before they went to sh*t, we knocked off the doggies in an impressive comeback and knocked off the cats by a margin.

Where we struggle is we lack a genuine KPD at full back and as a result Aliir's rebound is lost when he's forced to be the back up to McKenzie rather than the quarter back. Dixon's body is ruined and no longer has the ability to exert forward pressure or generate space away from his man. We also lack genuine pace in the centre square.

Port were the 4th or 5th best side this year, which reflects the 2021 season and finals as a whole.

I predict we will go backwards next year as our best players and too old and the youth coming through aren't coming on as expected.

Even if we mix up the youth like Rozee/Butters etc through the middle it will now alter the dynamic in the search for that improved midfield.

I agree with outcome for next year, if we finish mid table or 6-8 I guess Kennith will get to his last year and keep his job.

Will he be out the door if we don't make the 8? From what we have seen of the previous years - no.

The problem with sacking coaches that consistently make finals is that you could be left with no one that wants the job. There also aren't that many good coaches out there, so unless you think you have someone lined up that you're confident will be better that the one you've got, what can you do?

He isn’t a good coach. Has burned a very talented list for years and really seems to struggle to get them mentally prepared for big games. Problem for Port fans is the media love him and protect him at every opportunity.

Will break the record for games coached without a GF appearance next year I believe.
sounds about right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn’t a good coach. Has burned a very talented list for years and really seems to struggle to get them mentally prepared for big games. Problem for Port fans is the media love him and protect him at every opportunity.

Will break the record for games coached without a GF appearance next year I believe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back