Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a Ken believer.

I'll always believe in Kenny.

He is not only a dad to all the power players, he is a dad to us all

I wish he was my dad. I wonder if he'd play catch with me some day.

Anyways, keep the faith in Ken. He will deliver. He has the POWER to win.

Port Adelaide aggression

Well that’s counterintuitive to your stance so wtf are you on about
That Port have and had great players in the last 10 seasons, but they don't have the culture and connection to form a collective that can contend a premiership. The reasoning being their management, ie senior coach and admin.

Had Port brought in a premiership coach like Clarkson, he would have taken advantage of their 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023 list. We saw that happen with Adelaide and Brisbane before where they completely changed once they brought in a competitive coach. Bad coach and culture is why Port failed, it's pretty obvious. They're stuck in a rut with Hinkley, it's such a strange circumstance since Port profess their identity is premierships but obsess over a loser coach. How many chances does he need to have to get a Grand Final appearance? Another 100 seasons?
I wonder what they’ll do if they lose next week to GWS? Surely they’d be having crisis meetings re his tenure. Unbelievable that they’ve signed him.

Lol that this thread started 7.5 years ago.

"But why would port Adelaide supporters want him gone? They made top 4!"
It’s pretty bad. To lock in an a coach with no GF appearance for that long after so many chances from top 4. I like Port but really can’t feel sorry for them, if they lose next week it’s very grim.

It’s pretty bad. To lock in an a coach with no GF appearance for that long after so many chances from top 4. I like Port but really can’t feel sorry for them, if they lose next week it’s very grim.
Ports fans often get criticism on here and in media.

“ your club has been top 4 three out of 4 years, no pleasing your mob”

Hinkley for some reason is look upon like this great coach that no one can criticise. He has done nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can tell that anyone acting like ken is a good coach is pretending, just to troll port supporters.

It's not funny anymore at this point guys, it's just cruel, like kicking a puppy.

Our club is held hostage to a breakfast tv host, with an AFL appointed board that are just happy as long as we make up the numbers and don't bottom out.

You can tell that anyone acting like ken is a good coach is pretending, just to troll port supporters.

It's not funny anymore at this point guys, it's just cruel, like kicking a puppy.

Our club is held hostage to a breakfast tv host, with an AFL appointed board that are just happy as long as we make up the numbers and don't bottom out.

So, Ken is a total dud? How has he achieved an almost 60 percent win rate then? 4th best of all current coaches. Not to mention being a two time AFL coach of the year.

If they had managed to beat the Pies or Geelong (where they were ravaged with injuries and performed brilliantly) they would have had a home final last night, and likely set for another home preliminary final against the Blues or the Demons. It really is a game of inches sometimes.

Do you even want them to win next week?

Last edited:
They were in the game until they suffered two night ending injuries. No one had beaten the Lions there.
They weren't, they were 16 points down and constantly giving up goals, they never looked in the contest.
Give the guy a break. A very good coach.
I don't know if you say it over bias for Kenny because he's a Geelong legend? But lets be honest, if The Cats had a non-Grand Finalist coach for 11 seasons you'd be hounding their resignation.

They weren't, they were 16 points down and constantly giving up goals, they never looked in the contest.

I don't know if you say it over bias for Kenny because he's a Geelong legend? But lets be honest, if The Cats had a non-Grand Finalist coach for 11 seasons you'd be hounding their resignation.
To be fair they almost did. 8 years.

Have they? H

So, Ken is a total dud? How has he achieved an almost 60 percent win rate then? 4th best of all current coaches. Not to mention being a two time AFL coach of the year.

If they had managed to beat the Pies or Geelong (where they were ravaged with injuries and performed brilliantly) they would have had a home final last night, and likely set for another home preliminary final against the Blues or the Demons. It really is a game of inches sometimes.

Do you even want them to win next week?
Hardwick has an inferior winning rate but 3 premierships, it means nothing. Coach of the Year award is judged before the finals.

They have 8 All-Australian players since 2020, so I don't get this "average list" excuse people use to defend Hinkley.
always seemed to get marginal calls in their favour for all-australian teams and are consistently over represented in that side for mine

darcy byrne jones is one of the 8 all-australians you talk about ffs.

I wonder what they’ll do if they lose next week to GWS? Surely they’d be having crisis meetings re his tenure. Unbelievable that they’ve signed him.
They’ll do the same thing as Melbourne if they lose next week…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back