Have we seen the best of Jack Viney?

Remove this Banner Ad

Curious if he’s the one that leaves via free agency at the end of the year. Band 2 compo (end of first round pick) would probably be a massive coup for us though you’d hate to lose his experience.

If we can get an end of first for him it's adios amigo.

still hink he's good (especially when you give him a job on a specific player) but we've got too many of his sort already. Someone has to go and he'd be the one I'd choose.

Just want to give some praise to this guy. Losing the captaincy would have stung. Proud guy, loves the club, dad captained the club. Has had injuries, been up and down in form last few years. Yet he's taken it on the chin and is putting together a very consistent season IMO. Looks fit, still a wrecking ball, is finding the goals, his kicking looks to have improved and is likely to play less minutes in the middle thanks to Gus finding form, but his effort every week cant be questioned. Keep it going Jack..

The difference between his best and worst is pretty much if he is playing with controlled aggression or unbridled aggression. When he plays with the former he is useful as he still cracks in hard, yet makes good decisions and tackles well. When he plays with unbridled aggression he runs in, wheels spinning, bowling over teammates, getting pinged holding the ball trying to take on too many tacklers and either blindly dumping the ball forward with hack kicks or hospital handballing into traffic he is also never in a position to tackle the opposition and struggles to run out games because he has wasted so much energy. He’s still a more than handy role player when he plays to his limitations.

The difference between his best and worst is pretty much if he is playing with controlled aggression or unbridled aggression. When he plays with the former he is useful as he still cracks in hard, yet makes good decisions and tackles well. When he plays with unbridled aggression he runs in, wheels spinning, bowling over teammates, getting pinged holding the ball trying to take on too many tacklers and either blindly dumping the ball forward with hack kicks or hospital handballing into traffic he is also never in a position to tackle the opposition and struggles to run out games because he has wasted so much energy. He’s still a more than handy role player when he plays to his limitations.
I think we've seen less of manic Jack this year tbh. Blokes like him, Petracca, AVB, Oliver, May are built for finals footy. I just hope we get to see them play a few more in the future..

Jack is a gun and is having a super year.

He's not as skilled as Oliver, Trac or Brayshaw - but he's bloody powerful and his endeavour is second to none.

He's hitting the scoreboard, setting up goals, winning clearances - I don't think we want to loose any of Trac, Oliver, Bray or Vines, especially with Trac's versatility up forward.

If we can get an end of first for him it's adios amigo.

still hink he's good (especially when you give him a job on a specific player) but we've got too many of his sort already. Someone has to go and he'd be the one I'd choose.

Viney
Oliver
Brayshaw

will we have a midfield left?

Viney
Oliver
Brayshaw

will we have a midfield left?

Who needs midfielders ? ******* possession scabs the lot of them... Backline and forwards are where it's at (I may have played both and be biased)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back