Preview Hawks vs Pies - Changes and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You will basically know your fate after Friday night's game.
I doubt whether Sydney will lose to Brisbane.If Fev was playing with Brown may have been a different story.

But most likely this game on Saturday will mean zero to both clubs especially if Freo win on Friday night.
Both clubs have nothing to gain going at 100% with finals at stake,especially you guys who play cutthroat final either in Sydney or worse freo.

So Hodge won't play he is your play maker without him be difficult for you guys to win,unless we fall asleep again.

Collingwood's biggest chance of losing would be if Fremantle lose on Friday opening up a door for us to get a home final. With that motivation coupled with Collingwood's lack thereof would likely see us at a much higher intensity and win.

My major concern for us going into September is 'depth'.

If we have our 'best 22' available every week we will be fine, but if we cop 2 injuries & a suspension (etc) we are really going to be in trouble.

Players 23 - 26 just haven't played enough (recent) senior footy; or if they have, they have performed pretty poorly.

I would like Schoey, Shiels, Morton, Ladson, Savage etc to be in contention for recalls this week - just to get some touch back - but they clearly aren't banging down the door & we simply haven't been in a position to play them into form in the seniors.

Birchall going down basically makes way for Young; then Hooper can return for Whitecross (arguably, as some rate Whitey higher), but from there any 'out' really starts to hurt us.

I'm expecting a ripper contest and we are gonna go in HARD!!!

I don't think Hodgey will play... and thats fine... we need him cherry ripe for finals. The break will do him good anyway. remember when he said that in 2008 after he got suspended from the tigers game... it did him a world of good?

Well we need him fit and firing for finals.

Burgers and Cyril will take over. Hooper to come in for Whitey for forward line pressure and talent! Cyril into the middle and Young to the HBF line.

We are a definite chance even without Hodgey.

My major concern for us going into September is 'depth'.

If we have our 'best 22' available every week we will be fine, but if we cop 2 injuries & a suspension (etc) we are really going to be in trouble.

Players 23 - 26 just haven't played enough (recent) senior footy; or if they have, they have performed pretty poorly.

I would like Schoey, Shiels, Morton, Ladson, Savage etc to be in contention for recalls this week - just to get some touch back - but they clearly aren't banging down the door & we simply haven't been in a position to play them into form in the seniors.

Birchall going down basically makes way for Young; then Hooper can return for Whitecross (arguably, as some rate Whitey higher), but from there any 'out' really starts to hurt us.

Fair comment. We used 24 players for the 2008 finals series with Murphy & Stokes going out for Gilham & Ellis in the Prelimary final our only changes so our depth was never tested there.

That's a lovely story except that Collingwood have not trained this week yet. :rolleyes: He would be playing this week if it were a final, but he will probably miss due to the significance of the match. I would like this to be the Collingwood team this week...

B: Alan Toovey, Nathan Brown, Nick Maxwell
HB: Heath Shaw, Ben Reid, Harry O'Brien
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Luke Ball, Dale Thomas
HF: Dayne Beams, Travis Cloke, Steele Sidebottom
For: Paul Medhurst, Chris Dawes, Leon Davis
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dane Swan
Inter: Josh Fraser (congratulations on 200 games finally), Brent Macaffer, Ben Johnson, Jarryd Blair
Emer: John Anthony, Simon Buckley, Tyson Goldsack, Tarkyn Lockyer

In: Reid, Medhurst, Davis, Fraser
Out: L.Brown (suspended), Didak (bruised shoulder), Anthony, Goldsack Well that hasn't happened this season regarding Didak. He has been a consistent four quarter performer.

Quoted on SEN radio that Didak hurt his shoulder at training, but they were obviously lying, thanks for setting me straight:rolleyes:

Quoted on SEN radio that Didak hurt his shoulder at training, but they were obviously lying, thanks for setting me straight:rolleyes:
I'd say didak will miss this week as a precautionary tactic, but he hasnt done anything at training just the cork early against adelaide

What if all of Youngy, Hoops and Hodgey aren't right / risked? With Muso and Shiels reportedly injured last week for BH, I reckon Savage is a fair chance to get a run this week either as an in for either Birch or Hodgey

you would think hoops would be good to go this week as I think the hawks were being cautious last week with him.

other than Savage, apparently Morton has been doing well done back for BH, could replace birch, and has ability to go forward. oh and there is Ladson.

i think if young is ok, you wouldn't rest him this week as he has already missed a few hasn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back