Hawthorn - 20 flags by 2050

Who's closer to a flag, Geelong or Hawthorn?

• Hawthorn

Votes: 141 56.4%
  • Geelong

Votes: 109 43.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Heavens above are you pathologically unable to discuss your own club without the deflection?

Our doping saga has precisely zero to do with big Jeff buying into fan fiction, now, does it?

I disagree, your doping saga now means that we must endure the endless Essendon are back bull$hit through the club and media. Afl realised that they went too hard on Carlton for salary cap cheating and it made them basically look ineffective for 15 years +.

They are pulling out all stops so that the Essendon cash cow is back in business. The media propaganda was so strong that it cost Ryan Burton the rising star award. What a joke.

Reading between the lines... Jeff's 5two50 plan turned into 8four70 in reality. So if we translate 2050 vision into that format we 32seven[undefined]. So what we should expect is therefore, is to win 14 flags in the next 51 years.

I believe I will be okay with this. Well, anything will be better than this current flag drought. Genius stuff from Jeff, really.

Considering the Hawks record over the past forty years this doesn't sound overly ambitious, surely they would be closer to 25 flags by 2050.
This. Considering we won 4 in 8 years, and 8 in 20 from the early 70s to the early 90s, 7 in 32 years will be a walk in the park. Only a fool or an opposition supporter blinded by hawk-envy would doubt us.

More good points - Hawthorn have won 10 flags in the past 40 years. Really it would be a bit of a disappointment if took until 2050 to win another lazy 7 of them. 2045 is closer to the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Little did they know, at that moment another Kennett Curse with them winning no flags for the next 100 years had begun
Threads not about Freo.

Back