Hawthorn Premiership Odds

Remove this Banner Ad

I can only see one. The overwhelming majority aren't still hung up on a game from 6 years ago, like normal people!

Oh I see, that other trait made famous by Hawks...hypocrisy.
How many Humpty Dumpty Hawks fans have come in here bristling about 2014? You must all be hung up on it. Nah, you're just hypocrites, can dish it out but can't take it.

Here's an interesting list for you:

Morrison
Mirra
Glass
Worpel
Cousins
Lewis
Miles
Nash

Besides Morrison they've all been in and out of the Hawks team all season. Miles is the only other one that has held his spot since coming in.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, I am little bit slow, maybe a Hawks fan can help me out and point out where all these fabtastic Hawks youth are?

Bang on. I think the *best* we could expect is finish top 4 and lose a Prelim. I just can't see how we win a Premiership with the current team playing the way we are. Not unless Cyril magically came out of retirement for the Prelim and led us to victory before retiring once more....
Is that allowed in theory ?

Oh I see, that other trait made famous by Hawks...hypocrisy.
How many Humpty Dumpty Hawks fans have come in here bristling about 2014? You must all be hung up on it. Nah, you're just hypocrites, can dish it out but can't take it.

Here's an interesting list for you:

Morrison
Mirra
Glass
Worpel
Cousins
Lewis
Miles
Nash

Besides Morrison they've all been in and out of the Hawks team all season. Miles is the only other one that has held his spot since coming in.

As has been pointed out repeatedly, I am little bit slow, maybe a Hawks fan can help me out and point out where all these fabtastic Hawks youth are?

You obviously dont watch many hawks games or understand the list if you've added mirra to that list He was drafted purely as depth and is 27 . Worpel was also not fit enough for midfield minutes early in the season which is why he was out of the team . Can you please define youth is there an age ? Because Sicily,burton, hardwick arent exactly old

At least you are self aware.

Hawthorn's youth isn't fabtastic, you're being a bit hysterical. Its solid and better than what we thought, but we've already tried telling you this many times

You obviously dont watch many hawks games or understand the list if you've added mirra to that list He was drafted purely as depth and is 27 . Worpel was also not fit enough for midfield minutes early in the season which is why he was out of the team . Can you please define youth is there an age ? Because Sicily,burton, hardwick arent exactly old

Youth, as in new players.
Hardwick, Sicily, Burton aren't new, they already established themselves in the team before this year.

Yes , we can & have credited them with some of the heavy lifting for the resurgence in 2018.

Given that last season you performed quite poorly, where the improvement has come from this year is a point of discussion.
I was informed that the youth at Hawthorn will drive finals success. The usual "getting games into youngsters" bla bla bla

From where I sit, it looks like "getting games into youngsters" has been limited to Morrison.

I would suggest that Hawks youth are vanilla, bordering on bog ordinary and contrary to the suggestion, they won't be driving Hawthorn forward any time soon, least of all in finals this year, which you are still not guaranteed to play.

The discussion is important for 2 reasons:
1. It shows the limitations of your supposed genius coach. He simply isn't that good. Supporting evidence would include Brendan Bolton's time in charge. As it turns out, almost any midget could have coached that Hawks team to win. Clarko's greatest trick was having a team chock-ful of really good players. What's he done recently? What great innovation has he come up with? He didn't even have to teach Sicily to be a campaigner, that's all a natural talent.
2. It raises the question, have you really improved this year?

Given those 2 questions it seems fairly straight forward that Hawthorn are way under the odds and realistically lucky to be playing finals, should you make it that far, but more importantly, long odds to just win a final. If you are long odds to win a final then logic dictates that your odds to win the whole sher-bang are even longer.

At least you are self aware.

Hawthorn's youth isn't fabtastic, you're being a bit hysterical. Its solid and better than what we thought, but we've already tried telling you this many times

The facts point to your youth not being solid, but far less than solid.

Hardwick, Sicily, Burton aren't new, they already established themselves in the team before this year.

Yes , we can & have credited them with some of the heavy lifting for the resurgence in 2018.

Given that last season you performed quite poorly, where the improvement has come from this year is a point of discussion.
I was informed that the youth at Hawthorn will drive finals success. The usual "getting games into youngsters" bla bla bla

From where I sit, it looks like "getting games into youngsters" has been limited to Morrison.

I would suggest that Hawks youth are vanilla, bordering on bog ordinary and contrary to the suggestion, they won't be driving Hawthorn forward any time soon, least of all in finals this year, which you are still not guaranteed to play.

1. It shows the limitations of your supposed genius coach. He simply isn't that good. Supporting evidence would include Brendan Bolton's time in charge. As it turns out, almost any midget could have coached that Hawks team to win. Clarko's greatest trick was having a team chock-ful of really good players. What's he done recently? What great innovation has he come up with? He didn't even have to teach Sicily to be a campaigner, that's all a natural talent.

Given those 2 questions it seems fairly straight forward that Hawthorn are way under the odds and realistically lucky to be playing finals, should you make it that far, but more importantly, long odds to just win a final. If you are long odds to win a final then logic dictates that your odds to win the whole sher-bang are even longer.
Must be hard watching the most successful club rebuild after one average year. Your minnow club who had to move to get relevance must be hard to follow.

Must be hard watching the most successful club rebuild after one average year. Your minnow club who had to move to get relevance must be hard to follow.

Is that Derrr-mutt the dog speak? Sounds like it.
Is it true that he has had so many facelifts that they pull the skin up through his arse which meant they had to redirect his bowel through his mouth?

What rebuild are you talking about? There's no rebuild at the Hawks, Clarko doesn't know how to rebuild. Unless you're talking about the walls of the coaches box after a Hawks loss.

Is it true that he has had so many facelifts that they pull the skin up through his arse which meant they had to redirect his bowel through his mouth?

What rebuild are you talking about? There's no rebuild at the Hawks, Clarko doesn't know how to rebuild. Unless you're talking about the walls of the coaches box after a Hawks loss.
Dermie the same bloke who won the same amount of flags as your whole clubs tally.
Hawks rebuild different to normal clubs just take one year off then goes again.

I know I shouldn’t reply, as it’s a waste of my time and energy. However:

2005 when Clarko first tok over, the first thing he did was to clean out our current list. He and the recruiting team then went through our needs and wants. In that we recruited players like Roughhead franklin, Lewis. Hence rebuilding the list. So your myth of Clarkson not building a list is inaccurate.

From 2009 to 2015 the club has been rejuvenating the list rather than rebuilding it, as we were well into our premiership window. We traded for players like Burgoyne, Lake, Hale and Gunston ect. Also during that time players like Smith, Stratton Breust, Puopolo were drafted, all of which were developed into 3 time premiership players. Smith was pick 16, Stratton was a pick in the 40’s, Puopolo was a pick in the 60’s and Breust was a rookie. Once again Clarkson has proven that he can rejuvenate a list.

From 2016 we have moved on Sam Mitchell, Lewis, Hodge, Gibson and Hale. In that time we have recruited Tom Mitchell, O’Meara and Impey. We have also promoted Nash, Glass and Cousins from the Rookie list. Now seeing you don’t class Sicily, Burton and Hardwick as new players as they are established. Defies logic, as last year they had to establish themselves but each to their own. Worpel is playing his first year, has shown improvement in each of his games. Morrison has also proven to be a good pick up for us. Miles is also showing glimpses. Glass has been recalled for this week, Nash and Pittonet have been retained for this week. Yes there are question marks on these players, due to the fact that they are new. In 12 to 24 months time will anyone be able to say if it’s make or break. It’s too early in their development and career to make assumptions. From my perspective Clarkson is once again rebuilding/rejuvenating a premiership list. Wether it’s this year or the next or the following which provides other supporters like myself optimism.

To put it into every day terms; you start a new job, it may take you a day, a week even a month to learn what that companies expectations, procedures and demands of you are. It’s called the learning process. That’s where these players are currently at. The only expectation, is to see improvement, not immediate success.

Now I’m done in trying to explain to you. I firmly believe that I have wasted my time in trying to explain to you, as to why some people are excited by the way our list is developing. As you appear to be ignorant, arrogant and aggressive in your posts, and that the only opinion you want to hear is your own. If your like that off an Internet forum than I feel sorry for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have a terrible definition of youth, so two people of the same age and you consider one youth and one not just because one played regular footy last year? When talking about youth it is just referencing young players that have stepped up in this team, and we have multiple.

He has taken a team that most people had missing the 8 and some predicting us to be down the bottom for years to finals and are currently top 4 with only two round to go. What do you mean what has he done recently? According to most people on here our list is not that good, yet we have continually beaten top teams.

Okay you have to be trolling?
Has the team that finished 12th last year that is now on the verge of finishing top four improved this year? Tough one.

Dermie the same bloke who won the same amount of flags as your whole clubs tally.
Hawks rebuild different to normal clubs just take one year off then goes again.

Derrr-mutt the dog is such a petty, jealous dog that he snipes junior just because it burns him that both junior and senior are 100 times the player he ever was.

You're dreaming if you think Hawks have rebuilt. Youngsters are vanilla and/or bog ordinary. Clarko can't coach vanilla/bog ordinary players.
You'll be bottom 4 next year.

You have a terrible definition of youth, so two people of the same age and you consider one youth and one not just because one played regular footy last year? When talking about youth it is just referencing young players that have stepped up in this team, and we have multiple.

He has taken a team that most people had missing the 8 and some predicting us to be down the bottom for years to finals and are currently top 4 with only two round to go. What do you mean what has he done recently? According to most people on here our list is not that good, yet we have continually beaten top teams.

Okay you have to be trolling?
Has the team that finished 12th last year that is now on the verge of finishing top four improved this year? Tough one.

Comprehension not your strong suit.
The entire premise of what I have stated is that Hawks have improved this year. The question is why/how.

It's not your vanilla youngsters that have improved you this year. The only one that has kept his place in the team is Morrison. That is a simple fact.

You have won 3 games against a top 8 side all year, another fact. All in the first half of the year. Geelong, who are now out of the 8, Dees who have a woeful record against top 8 teams and Port. Who are these good sides you have beaten?

Last edited:
Comprehension not your strong suit.
The entire premise of what I have stated is that Hawks have improved this year. The question is why/how.

It's not your vanilla youngsters that have improved you this year. The only one that has kept his place in the team is Morrison. That is a simple fact.

You have won 3 games against a top 8 side all year, another fact. All in the first half of the year. Geelong, who are now out of the 8, Dees who have a woeful record against top 8 teams and Port. Who are these good sides you have beaten?

Morrison is our only youngster by the awful definition you use for youngsters. Hardwick is a 21 year old and should be included when discussing our youth, just because he cemented his spot in the team last year does not make him any older. Worpel was given time to improve his tank, has played for over a month straight and has been impressive in that time playing more in the midfield.

Those 3 as well as Collingwood and Essendon just 2 weeks ago who are one of the form teams in the comp. Were competitive against the Giants, Tigers Eagles as well.

Morrison is our only youngster by the awful definition you use for youngsters. Hardwick is a 21 year old and should be included when discussing our youth, just because he cemented his spot in the team last year does not make him any older. Worpel was given time to improve his tank, has played for over a month straight and has been impressive in that time playing more in the midfield.

Those 3 as well as Collingwood and Essendon just 2 weeks ago who are one of the form teams in the comp. Were competitive against the Giants, Tigers Eagles as well.

Maybe I should type slower...

We're trying to dissect this year from last in order to isolate factors that may explain what has propelled you to the position you're in now. As part of that exercise we have already acknowledged that the Burtons, Hardwicks, Impeys, Mitchells & Omearas have played a part, along with the part played by your premiership players. The question is, have your younger brigade/new players contributed anything? On the evidence it is hard to see how, other than superficially.

Maybe I should type slower...

We're trying to dissect this year from last in order to isolate factors that may explain what has propelled you to the position you're in now. As part of that exercise we have already acknowledged that the Burtons, Hardwicks, Impeys, Mitchells & Omearas have played a part, along with the part played by your premiership players. The question is, have your younger brigade/new players contributed anything? On the evidence it is hard to see how, other than superficially.

According to your definition, o’maera is youth. This time last year he had not established himself as a core part of the hawthorn best 22. Impey also fits the same definition. Ludicrous way to define youth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back