Hawthorn vs Geelong MCG- Saturday July 20th 2019 - Edited Page 18 current discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cat's came back to almost beat Hawthorn in Round 2, when they received 10 free kicks in the last 15 minutes of the game. Ray Chamberlain was there.

Hopefully the umps go unnoticed on Saturday, and cannot be suckered by any of the players.
Virtually every single time these two sides play each other, there is a period in the game when the umps, doesn’t seem to matter who, absolutely bend over backwards, turn themselves inside out and fall all over themselves attempting to get the cats over the line or get them back into the game. Just as a few examples, see the last 2 minutes of the 3rd quarter of the 08 GF, the last 5 mins of the 3rd quarter of the 13 PF, and in the abovementioned game, virtually the entire last quarter. I wonder when it will be this week...

First time I've heard this? Is this a popular opinion among cats fans or just you?

I'd look at the stats but you know your club, its easier to just take your word for it

2 from 6 at the G this year

Demons 3pt win
Hawks 1pt loss
Pies 21pt win
Bombers 34pt loss
Tigers 18pt loss
Tigers 3pt loss

Virtually every single time these two sides play each other, there is a period in the game when the umps, doesn’t seem to matter who, absolutely bend over backwards, turn themselves inside out and fall all over themselves attempting to get the cats over the line or get them back into the game. Just as a few examples, see the last 2 minutes of the 3rd quarter of the 08 GF, the last 5 mins of the 3rd quarter of the 13 PF, and in the abovementioned game, virtually the entire last quarter. I wonder when it will be this week...
And why would the umps so desperately want Geelong to win all the time, please tell.

Think the cats might just get us this time. They will be more hungry, looked pretty dangerous at times against the Tigers last week and danger/ gaz/ Selwood always seem to have something up their sleeve for us.

Think the cats might just get us this time. They will be more hungry, looked pretty dangerous at times against the Tigers last week and danger/ gaz/ Selwood always seem to have something up their sleeve for us.
NO I never say crush but they might harrold the danger and we might then again cush the pillow...
not giving this one up..

And you don't think, at any time during what has largely been a kick-or-two-in-it rivalry for 11 seasons, Hawthorn has never had a good run in any of those games that has helped them either stay in the game or get on top?

Seems interesting then, that including that grand final, every game since has seen the two sides share 11 free kick count wins each (one draw). Boy, if the umpires are doing their best to favour the cats, they're doing a f***ing s**t job of it. By the way, if you drag it in to the last 14 games, Hawthorn has won 9 free kick counts including two by double figures. Boy didn't the umpires try hard to drag us over the line when we 'won' the free kick count 14-26.

#f***ingtinfoil

free kick count is five. five and then we have a stalemate that represents nothing in the end.. it is all sending every one silly with being
too smart for the dubious...

can I make enough stupid statements as to it being absolutely diabolical and that Hawthorn will storm home with a majority.. what that
is will be seen.. perhaps one or two or three...

try it .. we will defy you...

Wow, that's Plugger35 levels of complaining.....noice...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not confident, Geelong are a game outside the 8, Another loss means they basically have to win against the suns/freo (honestly probably will as they have two home games) however the fact is if they don't beat hawthorn it's up to other results to determine if they play finals or not

For us, We have a run home where we will probably win one of our last 2 games against sydney and Saints, however Sydney may be still in contension so they will throw everything at us

Win this we're probably in.

Both teams will be making up the numbers if they even make it to the finals. No Grand Final previews needed.
making up numbers singular is that we will undoubtedly make the finals and we will thrash everyone.. you should have known that I would
not die wondering.. cretin... these things are always superstitious.. go for it.. cramp my style...

Not confident, Geelong are a game outside the 8, Another loss means they basically have to win against the suns/freo (honestly probably will as they have two home games) however the fact is if they don't beat hawthorn it's up to other results to determine if they play finals or not

For us, We have a run home where we will probably win one of our last 2 games against sydney and Saints, however Sydney may be still in contension so they will throw everything at us

Win this we're probably in.
Hawks real top4 chance surely if win Saturday

The question is, can the young and promising Scott, with his teenage exuberance and facial metamorphoses, out do the grand, wise, master Clarkson?

Can Plato out think Socrates?
Can Robin out Holy-Revshesky Batman?

The question is, can the young and promising Scott, with his teenage exuberance and facial metamorphoses, out do the grand, wise, master Clarkson?

Can Plato out think Socrates?
Can Robin out Holy-Revshesky Batman?
clarks and skott aren't worried about this dubious s**t going around but they are shuddering about the easiness of the shooting in the foot...
they can't compete with the dubious nature of the stupid people having cracks at me for doing what I do best...

I am only trying to be a smart arse but they all crash my party... what do I do..? I just tell myself to slow down to release the pressure and then
they will handle it in their own way... so be it...

Hawks real top4 chance surely if win Saturday
we're starting to hit some form and we're missing Sicily and Mcevoy. Looking at Sydney while they put up a fight against collingwood we're a real chance, and we should roll St Kilda.

Just anything between 4th-10th is a real absolute s**t-show and results can go any way. Port have some hard games, You guys have an easy finishing two games, North are so close and have a good run as well. We could funnily enough be third saturday morning and end up missing out

no making up more than numbers.. you have no faith... shuddering at your perspective on winning... you can do better...

This is a transitional year for the club. All about getting the new blood to not just have the baton passed to them but rip it from the hands of the veterans.

Any finals game is just a bonus at this point. Will be happy to see us go far but I'm just taking it one game at a time.

This is a transitional year for the club. All about getting the new blood to not just have the baton passed to them but rip it from the hands of the veterans.

Any finals game is just a bonus at this point. Will be happy to see us go far but I'm just taking it one game at a time.
your words are brilliant.. you are on track.. you breathe from the same heart beat.. if that is not silly but you and others who know
this will know that we all sing from the same song track of the Hawks.. dude it is not hard and nor is it easy..

working hard as we all do..

love your work but hit not quite below the belt and it will be more transparent..
I know what you are after but this is where we stay..

good luck is one thing but great luck is standard.. never let it be growing old..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back