Herald-Sun: "Rampant Tigers carry hopes of state in Grand Final"

Remove this Banner Ad

Weird with such a large underdog at play here in GWS, shooting for a maiden flag etc I can't help but find myself going for Richmond in the GF this weekend.

Don't know about everyone else but it seems to have hit a tipping point for mine, the AFL with all its bullshit agendas and shameless ability to manipulate an outcome.

Agree with everything you've said there.

Absolute disgrace!

Bud Tingwell would have done a far better job.

Agreed. Bill Hunter, if you’re reading this, that s**t was un Australian bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have no idea why you decided to get up on your soapbox and embark on a rant. All I said was that the Herald Sun is a pathetic joke of a paper, as are its sister papers in both Sydney and Brisbane, precisely because they are "trying to boost their sales & clicks by any means necessary", including some ridiculous attempt to boost pan-Victorianism. That's all. How that feeds into half the things you wrote, I don't know.
As compared to...... The Age? :D What trustworthy news source do you read in order to keep informed of world events?

To be fair to the Herald-Sun headline writers, the Hawks actually did carry the hopes and dreams of all Victorians during our Threepeat. It was quite touching to read the glowing tributes written about Hawthorn here on Big Footy from 2013-2016, not to mention the many condolences after our heartbreaking GF defeat in 2012. Real solidarity from the Big V. Something I'll never forget. :D
Ha ha

The BBC, The Guardian, The New York Times. The Age is almost as big a piece of trash as the Herald Sun.

The New York Times? The Guardian? The BBC? Are you joking? Is this the New York Times which ran a front page story about the latest allegations of sexual misconduct by Mr. Kavanaugh but failed to mention in its long rant that the alleged victim of the assault had absolutely no memory of it actually occurring? They published an apology the next day which said:

We apologise for leaving out a teeny weeny bit of information from our vicious attack on Mr. Kavanaugh's reputation. It was an accident. Sorry.

I could cite another ten similar pieces.

The BBC is a left wing mouthpiece just like our ABC. The Guardian is a lefty rag. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Such trustworthy reporting and quality journalism.

You are a funny man, Johnny Bananas.

Weird with such a large underdog at play here in GWS, shooting for a maiden flag etc I can't help but find myself going for Richmond in the GF this weekend.

Don't know about everyone else but it seems to have hit a tipping point for mine, the AFL with all its bulls**t agendas and shameless ability to manipulate an outcome.
Exactly, the Giants are the AFLs team, the evil Empire.

Richmond are the plucky rebels, the working man/woman's team.

Hell, they're Australia's team!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly, the Giants are the AFLs team, the evil Empire.

Richmond are the plucky rebels, the working man/woman's team.

Hell, they're Australia's team!
They were better for Australia when they were a rabble.

They were hilarious for 30 years.

Now we have Freo and the Suns.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have not read the whole threads related to the grand final, but given the way BF carries on about the " entitled giants "
Will they have much support from non tigers?

Are Swans fans cheering for GWS or do they even care?
It’s about 80/20 in favour of GWS near as I can tell. Mostly because it’s important & good for growth of the game in NSW.

The NRL media run sports editorials have once again remembered we actually exist as a sport in NSW and are giving it more coverage. Though they’ll hate every second of it. They’re still upset GWS game out rated (in NSW) the Parra final.

A more mature man might have discussed the issue they took with the observation, rather than racing towards just throwing a needless and lonely personal insult.

You nasty.

Boomers who are not bright enough to use the Internet, and who want to have their views reinforced.

You call me nasty and ask me to discuss the issue rather than throw a needless insult. This from a person who just insulted the thousands of people who read a newspaper he/she doesn't like.

They were better for Australia when they were a rabble.

They were hilarious for 30 years.

Now we have Freo and the Suns.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Come on man.

Richmond are like a beaten up old T-800, living tissue over exoskeleton, with a dodgy eye and trying to understand human emotions.

The Giants are your T-1000, liquid metal, they come up to you and say 'nice bike' and that's the last thing you hear.

Now which side you gonna root for?

Boomers who are not bright enough to use the Internet, and who want to have their views reinforced.

You call me nasty and ask me to discuss the issue rather than throw a needless insult. This from a person who just insulted the thousands of people who read a newspaper he/she doesn't like.

I didn't ask you to discuss tge issue further; i merely observed that instead of doing so like a reasonable and mature adult, you just lashed out with personal insults. You were objectively being nasty.

I'm not sure why you found my post insulting tho tbh. I mean, that is the audiEnce isnt it?

Was it the bit where I said that they weren't bright enough to use the internet? Would you have been less hostile had I said "Boomers that dont have it in them to use the Internet"? That way it includes boomers who would be bright enough, but simply lack the aptitude?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back