Hill Bros: Stephen Signed/Bradley wants out

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have a horse in this race fellas, but you rate Hill higher than Kelly?

If I had to pick one at Carlton I'd take Kelly and that's no diss to Hill.
Your post isnt offensive. Its an honest opinion.

Look I wont deny Tim Kelly is a good player.

I fear he will end up like Des Headland when he joined freo from Brisbane.

Des Headlands last Brisbane game was the 2002 GF win vs Collingwood. He got protection as Brisbane had Voss, Akermanis, Lappin, the scott brothers and Craig McCrae.

When he went to freo in 2003, Freos mids were Peter Bell, Paul Hasleby, Troy Cook, Shaun McManus and Matt carr.

Headland didnt have the Protection nor the quality mids to work with as team mates when he went to freo.

On paper, you Look at Geelongs mids in Dangerfield, Ablett, Selwood, Duncan. Some experienced blokes and 2 brownlow medalists.

Freos mids have got Fyfe, Mundy, Cerra, Brayshaw. A couple of experienced blokes, a couple of kids. One of those 4 is a brownlow medalists.

I dont think Tim Kelly will get the same protection or be as effective at freo.

Then again I thought the same about Brad Hill.....

Godfather offer...
900k over 4 yrs....

If you want him that badly it'll be 2 first rounders.

Mistake by St Kilda imo. Why come out and show how much you want a player who is locked into a contract for another 2 yrs. They won't want to fail getting a big fish for another year running.

Strengthens Freo's hand if anything.

Godfather offer...
900k over 4 yrs....

Mistake by St Kilda imo. Why come out and show how much you want a player who is locked into a contract for another 2 yrs. They won't want to fail getting a big fish for another year running.

Wouldnt be Saints doing it. Would be Young trying to get other clubs to join the party.

Doubt it will be 2 first rounders given one will be top 6 (yes yes, Weller I know) but I am looking forward to pinging all the muppets who thought it would be Saints first with something back from us. Dont know what is so hard to understand about the fact that he is contracted for 2 years

Godfather offer...
900k over 4 yrs....

It's a terrible offer for us and great for Hill. Give him to Carlton for Cripps. Like for like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we took 5 & 6 into the draft and then picked up 2 players and then someone picked bid on henry at pick 10-15, we get 3 first round player then right?
or will someone bid early if we have 2 to stop that?

If you’re going to pay him 900k we’d surely ask for more than pick 6
Yes

It will be pick 5 if they lose to Sydney, which is likely scenario. I too don’t believe that GCS PP will come at the start of the draft - likely pick 11. Which is even better for us if we have pick 5 and 6.

I think St Kilda will trade out some players so a pick in the thirties will be fine for me.

Something like 5, 35 > BHill.

I’d then look at offering out mid 20’s pick for a player at another club that we have targeted (Bolton, Fisher etc.).

if we took 5 & 6 into the draft and then picked up 2 players and then someone picked bid on henry at pick 10-15, we get 3 first round player then right?
or will someone bid early if we have 2 to stop that?
You answered you own question at the start.

Early picks are the key. Henry won’t be bid on in top 10 - we’ll certainly not top 7. So we have got in ahead. Then even if he is bid at 8 we use other remaining picks like 26 etc to move forward. So yes we would end up with three first rounds picks. No reason they can’t be every bit as good as Rozee, Butters and Duursma.

Early picks are the key. Henry won’t be bid on in top 10 - we’ll certainly not top 7. So we have got in ahead. Then even if he is bid at 8 we use other remaining picks like 26 etc to move forward. So yes we would end up with three first rounds picks. No reason they can’t be every bit as good as Rozee, Butters and Duursma.
but a team can be dicks right? like how last year essendon got mosquito, it wont effect them it will just screw us over

Last year, the first round was super.

This year not so much .

but a team can be dicks right? like how last year essendon got mosquito, it wont effect them it will just screw us over
Only the teams with a pick can choose to nominate an academy or F/S player. So before our first pick 6 there is 5 chances for that to take place - GCS, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and St Kilda. A good chance we end up with St Kilda’s pick.

Some talk Adelaide are interested in Liam Henry but they are likely to trade down to later multiples with GWS so that GWS can get ahead of Sydney with their Academy kid Green. If a club selects Liam Henry top 4 then that is a massive unexpected reach from where I’m sitting.

Last year, the first round was super.

This year not so much .
Top 8-10 will be fine and we’re at the top end with 5 and 6. We know what we’re getting with Henry thereafter. There hasn’t been the combine or U18/colts finals yet. Also there are a bunch of good WA draftees around that 15-28 range.

Only the teams with a pick can choose to nominate an academy or F/S player. So before our first pick 6 there is 5 chances for that to take place - GCS, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney and St Kilda. A good chance we end up with St Kilda’s pick.

Some talk Adelaide are interested in Liam Henry but they are likely to trade down to later multiples with GWS so that GWS can get ahead of Sydney with their Academy kid Green. If a club selects Liam Henry top 4 then that is a massive unexpected reach from where I’m sitting.
this is new to me sorry, its very complicated! so basically its not out of the question but its not likely

Top 8-10 will be fine and we’re at the top end with 5 and 6. We know what we’re getting with Henry thereafter. There hasn’t been the combine or U18/colts finals yet. Also there are a bunch of good WA draftees around that 15-28 range.
Sorry to disagree.

Top 2 this draft would have gone 6-8 last year.

3-10 this draft equals to 12-18 last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back