How did you discover Big Footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

For me I have to thank, or should I say blame Derryn Hinch. In 2006 he covered the story of medical records found in a street gutter confirming two high-profile Melbourne-based AFL footballers were supposedly having treatment for drug addiction at a clinic. Hinch was up in arms that he couldn't name the footballers but he reported that the players' identities had been revealed in an online forum known as 'BigFooty.com'.

I never found out the identity of the players but had a good look at the BF forum, like what I saw, and the rest was history.

That was in 2006. A year or so later I suggested to my brother that he should have a look at BF, and 20,000+ posts later he is still hooked.

What about you?

Last edited:

Chief met me one night when I was semi-naked amidst a sweaty argument with a lady of 'dubious income producing means' in a back-alley opium den in the poorer suburbs of Shanghai and begged me to join, arguing I was 'BigFooty material'.

With little hope for a return to regular society without his help and guidance I relented and joined BigFooty and have remained in debt to his benevolent nature ever since.

Chief met me one night when I was semi-naked amidst a sweaty argument with a lady of 'dubious income producing means' in a back-alley opium den in the poorer suburbs of Shanghai and begged me to join, arguing I was 'BigFooty material'.

With little hope for a return to regular society without his help and guidance I relented and joined BigFooty and have remained in debt to his benevolent nature ever since.

I had a little cry when I read this.:'(:'(

Have a bellend mate that would argue everything that Collingwood did was better than Geelong even to the point he was arguing Harry O was better than Enright and Maxwell was better than Scarlett. Kept using this thing called Bigfooty as his back up. Go check the Poll on Bigfooty he would say...............

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weirdly found a link to a Bay 13 thread through a google image search. Stumbled on an idiotic post by a Docker's fan (something along the lines of 'his parents clearly didn't use birth control') and I thought I was hilarious calling him out. Turns out the post was several years old and that I was the idiot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back