Remove this Banner Ad

PJays

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
How much footy do you watch?

(In a normal non-COVID year).

We all like discussing footy obviously. But how much do you watch footy?

Some people love talking about footy, but they don’t actually watch that many games. Other people are the opposite.

Personally, I’ve never been someone who watches multiple games every single weekend. But these days that would be impossible even if I wanted to, with all the commitments of life.

I generally watch every St Kilda game, even if I have to watch on delay. Kayo helps with that. When the finals roll around, I’ll try to watch every final. Occasionally I’ll watch a home and away game not involving St Kilda- like a battle between the top 2.

So that’s about 1 to 2 games a week, on average- when you consider there’s 9 finals within 4 weeks.

What about you?

And some non-poll questions that might make for interesting discussion: Do you watch more or less than you used to?

If less, is that because of changed life circumstances and family commitments, or because you're just less interested?

If more, is that because of changed life circumstances or because you're just more interested?

Those of you with kids, do your kids watch more or less than you did when you were growing up? (Keeping in mind that Kayo and game times make it easier to watch now).

Last edited:

Maybe 70% of the Dogs games and * all else this year, but post COVID/vaccine etc I assume it’ll go back to a couple a week

Kinda stopped tuning in for the most part. Went from about 5 games a week to 1 some weeks and 2-3 in others. I don’t blame COVID however because let’s face it the game has been getting worse year by year and if I say that as a person who’s seen my side make finals 13 of the past 14 years then I’d hate to see how many people feel the same.

Conversely I went from watching a handful of NRL games in my entire life to barely missing a game this season.

Conversely I went from watching a handful of NRL games in my entire life to barely missing a game this season.

Interesting.

My Dad barely missed a Storm game this year. He's always going on about how the NRL rule changes have improved the game, whereas the AFL is getting harder to watch every year.

I'll usually watch the friday night game, one on Saturday and one on Sunday

A lot less than i used to, and i suspect that is mostly to do with my age and life becoming busy.. As it stands I will religiously watch the Friday night game and then will go out of my way to watch Carlton play and thats about it. If there is a Thursday night game I will also watch that.

Interesting.

My Dad barely missed a Storm game this year. He's always going on about how the NRL rule changes have improved the game, whereas the AFL is getting harder to watch every year.
Your dad is correct. I could’ve told you who the greats are and list you all the team names before this year but that’s about it. After one year watching Incan tell you that NRL get so much right and the AFL House can’t even nail the basics.

5-6 games mostly if I can live per round.

TV networking/Kayo and Fox Footy make it possible .

My smart TV has the ability/function for split/dual screening whether 2 games clash, but I still have not worked out how to do it yet lol.

I am almost at a point where I will boycott some trams games (like Hawthorn) for playing such a dull, unattractive style of footy (Freo were like this in the first half of last season, but got their act together and became one of the more fun teams to watch in the last half of the season)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 or 4 games a weekend normally.

During Covid football 2020 I found myself only watching the Eagles games. Life commitments got in the way and I found it really hard to catch a game.

The shortened quarters made it really difficult to catch a game for some reason.
Quarter time or half time hits and I get up to go do something, by the time I come back there's only 5-10minutes left of the next quarter.
I found myself almost missing entire games due to the shortened breaks and quarters haha.
Normally I'd just sit and watch it start to finish, but having a 9month old seems to disrupt that plan...

I think I missed 4-6 games for the whole 2020 season, Covid though.

I'd say 5 every week in a normal season.
Serious question and not having a go, but do you not have anything better to do? I will prioritise my team but will usually always be doing something on the weekend. Friday night is the time slot I am mostly like to watch as a neutral.

Having read more posts now it seems most posters watch 4+ so my question applies to you all. Have you nothing better or more productive to do?

Serious question and not having a go, but do you not have anything better to do? I will prioritise my team but will usually always be doing something on the weekend. Friday night is the time slot I am mostly like to watch as a neutral.

Having read more posts now it seems most posters watch 4+ so my question applies to you all. Have you nothing better or more productive to do?

What a s**t take that is. Especially if he/she lives in Melbourne which had been in total lockdown for all of last season.

And even if it wasn't, who cares if he or she watches most games of footy on the weekend ?
Is that really a crime? Sheesh.

Usually only watch my team. Might watch some others till the commentary and umpires s**t me off. (Usually one quarter max)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This year i watched so much because of lockdown and every game had a unique timeslot so no overlaps.

I love sport, I also watch plenty of soccer, mainly Serie A and EPL.

Back