Strategy How would we approach round 23 if....

Remove this Banner Ad

... we faced the situation where Brisbane had to win to get a home QF and we had to lose to finish 4th for an MCG QF against Geelong, assuming a win meant playing Weagles in Perth.

It’s quite possible we may be in this position leading up to the final round.

What would Dimma say?
What would Dimma do?

Are you suggesting we do a norf and 'rest' 75% of our team!
:eek:
No point with a week off anyways. It’s more about whether we’d prefer to play at the G, and whether you’d prefer to be there to watch the QF live.

No point with a week off anyways. It’s more about whether we’d prefer to play at the G, and whether you’d prefer to be there to watch the QF live.
yup - I understand the equation but the best approach IMO is to play at our peak, always.
Especially a week or two out from finals, wherever that may be.

Win, who cares who and where we play in week 1.

Middle case scenario 1: play eagles and lose, then home semi and win then home prelim at the G v Geelong
Worst case scenario 2: play scats and lose, then home semi and win then away prelim in Perth v West Coast

best case scenario for options 1 and 2. Win win win premiers.

We should win every game ... I'm not worried about the Weagles, over there or here, we will probably have to face them anyway.
A win over there would shut up a lot of people ;)
We play to win, anywhere... anytime ... anyone
F*** YEAH!

Eat ‘em alive!

Better to have a crack at the Eagles in Perth and if we win we get a home prelim against the Lions/Giants/Crows side of the draw.

If we lose, we get get a final at the G the next week against Pies/Bombers and then play the Cats at the G in a Prelim.

I think we beat whoever we play wherever we play anyways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i Honestly dont think well finish top 4 unless we win every game

GWS are a single win behind us and have a better percentage by a significant margin

Plus their run home is pretty cruisy, sydney into hawks into dogs into gold coast.

They should start favorites in all those games, we drop one and were finishing 6th
Good point.
Here’s hoping our percentage will go past theirs in the next 2 weeks!

GWS are a single win behind us and have a better percentage by a significant margin

Plus their run home is pretty cruisy, sydney into hawks into dogs into gold coast.

They should start favorites in all those games, we drop one and were finishing 6th
Who brought this bloke... :(

Win at all costs. Deliberately losing to avoid playing certain teams is weak and is destined to backfire. Let Geelong worry about their finals opponents. We should have the belief we can beat anyone, any time, anywhere.

its not just gws though

we can easily overtake the lions as they have a tricky run home and we actually get to play them, similar to the eagles

also our % is close enough to go ahead even if we end up on the same points

Inb4 GWS lose to the swans because the swans couldnt miss in front of goal and GWS sprayed them everywhere. Nothings a given.

Inb4 GWS lose to the swans because the swans couldnt miss in front of goal and GWS sprayed them everywhere. Nothings a given.

exactly

GWS need to win every game to get a top 4 spot, anything can happen

We can drop one as long as we beat Brisbane and they lose to Geelong... agree we want to win out though

We take it one week at a time, giving 110%, not worrying about external noise, playing what is in front of us, getting the game on our terms, they're a quality side and can beat anyone on their day.
You forgot ‘inside these four walls’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back