Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

6ffac2479b56971ebfe144ed4eb90ea7_w200.gif
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings mate.

Trading needs to go the next level, where draft players can be traded on the day and teams can pick certain players for another team.

Let's say West Coast pick Reid at 1.

They can still trade Reid anytime on both nights.

Say Curtin falls to pick 8.

Melbourne offer Curtin, pick 15 and F1.

West Coast say it's a deal only if Wilson falls to pick 15.

Melbourne picks Wilson at 15 for West Coast.

Deal gets done. Please just an example and don't argue with the merits of Wilson.
Is that what happens in NFL etc? It’s a pretty radical change from where we are now, but geez would make the night exciting. Be a roller coaster for supporters too though huh. Like it.

This article breaks down team lists by state of origin.

Amazing just how many WA players WC have on their team. 27 out of 44 shows a massive preference for local kids. Not sure if anyone has raised this before, but based on historical evidence, I think they will split pick 1 down to take the local talent again.

Amazing just how many WA players WC have on their team. 27 out of 44 shows a massive preference for local kids. Not sure if anyone has raised this before, but based on historical evidence, I think they will split pick 1 down to take the local talent again.
6 out of 10 players for a WA-based club? Now look at them by draft pick.

Another one that's so desperate for HR🤣

Another one that's so desperate for HR🤣
Na mate. Just having fun debunking this nonsense some posters are producing about how WC dont mind where draftees come from. There is such as obvious bias in your selections.

I have no idea what North are planning. And though Harley looks great, so do others. I'd rather we split pick 3 down and filled our need for talls rather than chase him.

Na mate. Just having fun debunking this nonsense some posters are producing about how WC dont mind where draftees come from. There is such as obvious bias in your selections.

I have no idea what North are planning. And though Harley looks great, so do others. I'd rather we split pick 3 down and filled our need for talls rather than chase him.
You've debunked absolutely nothing... 🤡

Do you expect North to draft 5 non-Victorians?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Melbourne are happy to get upto pick 2 for say a Duursma/Mckercher

North In: H.Reid
North Out: Pick 3, F1

Dees In: Mckercher/Duursma
Dees Out: Pick 6 and 11

WCE In: Pick 6, F1(North), Pick 11
WCE Out: H.Reid

1. H.Reid (North)
2. Duursma/Mckercher (North)
3. Mckercher (Melbourne)
4. N.Watson (Hawks)
5. R.Sanders (WBD)
6. D.Curtin (WCE)

7. C.Osullivan (GWS)
8. N.Caddy (Geel)
9. D.Wilson (Ess)
10. Windsor (Adel)
11. J.Leake (WCE)

I know ive seen eagle fans say they need/want mids. Hewett, Ginbey, Burgiel, Culley and Chesser are still very young/but mids.

Pick 23 no doubt could/would be a potential midfielder

C.Hall likely there at 37 it seems

North at 15, 17 and 18 have access to guys who can play elsewhere

Tholstrup
Hardeman
A.Roberts
O.Murphy
A.Reid
Demattia
L.Collard
Rucks (M.Edwards/Goad/Green)

Mckercher obviously really improves dees link and kicking i50 along with Billings

Last edited:
6 out of 10 players for a WA-based club? Now look at them by draft pick.
I'm pretty sure I explored this a couple of years ago, like maybe 2019 or so. Not sure if it's changed much but the bottom line is that the top of the draft is best available, and once you get into the depths of the draft a bit you can get some of your local kids slipping a bit because they're not as exposed as the Victorians to the Vic clubs (or SA to the SA clubs, etc), so you get better quality with your pick than otherwise as well as off-setting go home factors and whatever.

At the top of the draft you'd pick the West Australian if all else was even, but there's no reason not to have your cake and eat it to if the option is available to you.

Bonus point because your list manager is based in blimmin Victoria in the first place, and was your Vic based scout for a long time before climbing the ladder. As if he hasn't been a regular guest at the Reids in the last year or two...

I'm not sure what you are asking me to do. But, yes, 27/44 shows a very strong preference for local talent. The league wide average is just 7.
i think you need to look at the last three main drafts to see that your arguament is flawed.
we have drafted 12 players of which 7 are local boys 3 from victoria and 2 from s.a.
Even last year when we avoided the two obvious flight risks to get Ginbey and Hewett we got Long & burgiel who are victorian and Barnert from s.a..If you add in the two msd picks who are victorians it then becomes 7 w.a. boys, 5 victorians and 2 s.a. boys so that makes it fifty per cent local boys and fifty per cent foreigners.

I wonder if Melbourne are happy to get upto pick 2 for say a Duursma/Mckercher

North In: H.Reid
North Out: Pick 3, F1

Dees In: Mckercher/Duursma
Dees Out: Pick 6 and 11

WCE In: Pick 6, F1(North), Pick 11
WCE Out: H.Reid

1. H.Reid (North)
2. Duursma/Mckercher (North)
3. Mckercher (Melbourne)
4. N.Watson (Hawks)
5. R.Sanders (WBD)
6. D.Curtin (WCE)

7. C.Osullivan (GWS)
8. N.Caddy (Geel)
9. D.Wilson (Ess)
10. Windsor (Adel)
11. J.Leake (WCE)

I know ive seen eagle fans say they need/want mids. Hewett, Ginbey, Burgiel, Culley and Chesser are still very young/but mids.

Pick 23 no doubt could/would be a potential midfielder

C.Hall likely there at 37 it seems

North at 15, 17 and 18 have access to guys who can play elsewhere

Tholstrup
Hardeman
A.Roberts
O.Murphy
A.Reid
Demattia
L.Collard
Rucks (M.Edwards/Goad/Green)

Mckercher obviously really improves dees link and kicking i50 along with Billings
The talent level between 2-9 isn’t huge. Not worth it to Melbourne to give up pick 11 to move 3 spots up unless Melbourne hit back a later first from North (pick 15).

If WCE are going to accept 6, 11 and a F1 from North, Melbourne might as well offer that. Understand North’s F1 is likely better than Melbournes

Trading needs to go the next level, where draft players can be traded on the day and teams can pick certain players for another team.

Let's say West Coast pick Reid at 1.

They can still trade Reid anytime on both nights.

Say Curtin falls to pick 8.

Melbourne offer Curtin, pick 15 and F1.

West Coast say it's a deal only if Wilson falls to pick 15.

Melbourne picks Wilson at 15 for West Coast.

Deal gets done. Please just an example and don't argue with the merits of Wilson.

I fully concur with this. Players have still not moved to the new club, so trading them out should be fine in principle.

Only problem is prevent clubs from doing photo ops with drafted players and only to then trade them out.

If WCE are happy with any one of McKercher/Durrsma/Curtain at 4, then below trade works

Club -- Give <-> Get
WCE -- 1+F2 <-> 4+F1
HAW -- 4+F1 <-> 1+F2

Eagles can then choose to trade Hawks F1 with Cats for Pick 8+change

or with Melb for 6+11 with 23 going back

I fully concur with this. Players have still not moved to the new club, so trading them out should be fine in principle.

Only problem is prevent clubs from doing photo ops with drafted players and only to then trade them out.

If WCE are happy with any one of McKercher/Durrsma/Curtain at 4, then below trade works

Club -- Give <-> Get
WCE -- 1+F2 <-> 4+F1
HAW -- 4+F1 <-> 1+F2

Eagles can then choose to trade Hawks F1 with Cats for Pick 8+change

or with Melb for 6+11 with 23 going back
You guys already offered us 4+F1 and Brockman for 1 and we turned it down.

No way are we doing the by adding an F2 as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back