Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

WCE has to be happy first for it to even be considered.

I don't think there's any scenario where multiple clubs will be happy to trade, someone will lose out and it'll fall apart.
North aren't going to offer anything that they aren't happy to give up and West Coast are not going to accept anything that doesn't benefit them.

North isn't under pressure to make a bad trade. Picks 2, 3, 15, 17 & 18, on the back of drafting Sheezel, Wardlaw and George, is a great position to be in for a rebuild.

North aren't going to offer anything that they aren't happy to give up and West Coast are not going to accept anything that doesn't benefit them.

North isn't under pressure to make a bad trade. Picks 2, 3, 15, 17 & 18, on the back of drafting Sheezel, Wardlaw and George, is a great position to be in for a rebuild.
It is a good position for North to be in, for sure.

Your first sentence lies the crux of the issue in regards to a trade for pick 1: The only way it gets done it Rawlings having serious FOMO for Reid, which I don't see happening.

I'm not saying North havent had great players in that time since Carey but from a watchability perspective, a little lacking. For instance I'd tune in just to watch a Stevie J, Toby Greene, Ablett, Dusty, Buddy, Cyril etc.
By the way, those players were picks 24, 11, 40, 3, 5, 12.

Pick 1 is the star power before the draft but stars come from all over it. And 5 rolls of the dice is better than 2, for North.

It's *ing ridiculous suggesting WC should drop back 5 places and be happy with that because another club can't get anyone in the gate.
6, 11 and Norths F1.... absolutely sh!te.
Que some 🤡 to go on about local talent!
Not sure what your tearing up about

Ive never said anything about local talent

Your getting 11 and Norths F1 aswell (A top 2 pick)

Qnd that is vital for L.Mcdonald who eagles are heavily into and if not then some very good early midfielders next year

North are giving up 3 and next years 1st or 2nd pick here for Reid. Its hardly nothing

It is a good position for North to be in, for sure.

Your first sentence lies the crux of the issue in regards to a trade for pick 1: The only way it gets done it Rawlings having serious FOMO for Reid, which I don't see happening.
It could also happen if O'brien doesn't see much difference between Reid and McKercher and would like to bring in more volume of young talent.

There's only one club that needs to be happy in this trade scenario - WCE.

The other clubs are irrelevant.
I think even you can admit there will be a fair distance between what Farang83150 and bzparkes on BF would take for 1 and what the club will

You guys wouldnt even take 2,3 and F1 from North by the sounds of it

I think even you can admit there will be a fair distance between what Farang83150 and bzparkes on BF would take for 1 and what the club will

You guys wouldnt even take 2,3 and F1 from North by the sounds of it
What?

Of course we would, that'd be an insane offer.

I'd take 2 and North's future first without involving pick 3 and send a F2 back.

It would even be a decent offer for North. How many more mids do they realistically need, considering the top 5 next year is full of mids?

WCE with 2 of the top 5 next year + McKercher this year wouldn't have any need for Reid whatsoever.

How do you mean? We would be trading down and Melbourne trading up. We wouldn't choose to trade down at a loss.
You want our pick to get Reid, why would Melbourne give a f1 so you can get Reid?

What if Melbourne want McKercher at pick 2?

It could also happen if O'brien doesn't see much difference between Reid and McKercher and would like to bring in more volume of young talent.
True but conversely, if Rawlings doesn't see much of a gap either, he's not bound to offer much either.

Already been reported a couple of times now that WCE won't accept a trade involving picks in the teens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Melbourne's incentive to give up a first rounder here? They can take Sanders, Curtin or Caddy at 6.
To take Duursma, who they are rumoured to be interested in. If they rate those others guys equally then obviously they wouldn't do the trade.

This article breaks down team lists by state of origin.

Amazing just how many WA players WC have on their team. 27 out of 44 shows a massive preference for local kids. Not sure if anyone has raised this before, but based on historical evidence, I think they will split pick 1 down to take the local talent again.
What local talent? There is only one WA player that is likely to be in the top 15.

This article breaks down team lists by state of origin.

Amazing just how many WA players WC have on their team. 27 out of 44 shows a massive preference for local kids. Not sure if anyone has raised this before, but based on historical evidence, I think they will split pick 1 down to take the local talent again.
What historical 'evidence', just out of curiosity?

You want our pick to get Reid, why would Melbourne give a f1 so you can get Reid?

What if Melbourne want McKercher at pick 2?
I don't want your pick to get Reid. The club might, though I have no idea about that. I want to trade down to pick up O'Sullivan with 8 and either Curtin or Watson at 6.

If Melbourne want McKercher I'd be hesitant to do the trade.

You guys already offered us 4+F1 and Brockman for 1 and we turned it down.

No way are we doing the by adding an F2 as well
That was when you still had dreams of 2+3. When those dreams are invalidated, this becomes the next best offer on the table if Curtin is one of your targets.

If not, keep Pick 1 and pick Reid or McKercher.

We need to consider pick Demons are willing to offer their 6+11 for our 4 and then a 3 way deal with Cats is what I would propose.

Demons 4 <-> 6+11
Cats 11 + Hawks F1 <-> 8 + Cats F1
Hawks 4 + Hawks F1 <-> 6 + 8 + Cats F1

What local talent? There is only one WA player that is likely to be in the top 15.
It looks like there are a few in the late teens, early twenties.

If only you could trade with a team with lots of picks in that range.

I don't want your pick to get Reid. The club might, though I have no idea about that. I want to trade down to pick up O'Sullivan with 8 and either Curtin or Watson at 6.

If Melbourne want McKercher I'd be hesitant to do the trade.
You want our pick to trade down to get Curtain or Watson. Why would Melbourne have to give you an F1? You can get McKercher at 2 and Curtain at 3.

Haven’t seen anything to suggest Melbourne want to trade up for Duursma.

Those numbers just reinforce my argument. Roughly 1 in 7 players in the AFL come from WA. In your example 7 out of 14 come from WA, that is consistent with the WC list as a whole and indicates a very strong preference for locals.
This doesn't mean that WC won't keep pick 1 and select Reid. But it does decrease the likelihood of that happening. It is a trend can't be ignored or dismissed.
No it doesn'tpeople try to prosecute the arguament for their agaenda that we must only pick w.a. talent which is a little lacking at the moment.The best talent at the moment seems like coming out of academies and f/sons which we have no access to so we just need to go best available..West Coast usually go best available regardless of where they come from.
The arguament that West coast have all of a sudden become worried about Drafting interstaters is false.
At the msd this year they took Maric ahead of local boys Robert Hansen jr,Jaiden Hunter and Jack Buller.
If West Coast trade pick one for a offer too good to refuse ie 2&3 most of us on the west Coast board feel we would pick Mckercher as he helps us in a need and then next best available it could be Dursma or maybe Curtin.We won't be picking Curtin ahead of interstaters just because he is a local boy.

You want our pick to trade down to get Curtain or Watson. Why would Melbourne have to give you an F1? You can get McKercher at 2 and Curtain at 3.

Haven’t seen anything to suggest Melbourne want to trade up for Duursma.
The F1 was for pick 15 as you may want another pick this year. 3 for 6 and 11 would be fine on its own if Melbourne preferred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back