Play Nice Hypothetical Pick 1 Trade Poll: Pick 1 for Picks 2 & 15 --- Pick 1 & F1 (WCE) for Picks 2 & 3 --- Something else?

What sort of trade do you think would be fair and/or likely when involving Pick 1 in 2023?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And of course, I will remind you all to review the rules of the trade board, in particular:
  • No trolling – in addition to the obvious, we have a ban on troll nicknames such as Norf, West Coke, etc similar to the main board, because this type of language is inflammatory and creates more issues than it solves. Keep it civilised or take it elsewhere, such as the Bay or your club board, or whoever will have you really
  • Don't be a pest – this includes derailing the thread with off-topic stuff, or trying to starve it of oxygen through proof by assertion/argument ad nauseam, aka filibustering
  • Personal attacks – should go without saying but stick to the point, no name calling, no insinuations about someone's intelligence, abilities or other attributes

Um I’d pick North cause I’m a north supporter. Nah jokes, and from a financial pov he may be better being a franchise player at west coast.

But back to playing infront of crowds, if he is part of a successful team he will play in front of plenty. Afl players aren’t putting big crowds above premiership medallions.
Ben McKay says hello…

WC fans getting increasingly desperate.

Be patient everyone, there are weeks of this to go.
TBH, I just can't wait for this to be over.

Both parties would be happy for things to stay as they are.

I'd like to buy back in using and F2 and 37 if the right players are left on the board.
(If you guys leave any left 😆)

You’ve got to win games of football first. Umpires kept Brisbane in the game in the first half.

Fact is the Pies have been the best team over the past 2 years. Should have won the GF by 5 or 6 goals. And we were missing a key forward and VC with a key backman out for the game in the 2nd. Lions lucky to get so close.

Best team of the season won it. Simple, even for you to understand.

But this isn’t about the Premiers.

Looking at your top 10 B&F and it’s alarming.
Yes our b&f was alarming as all our best players were injured and couldn't get votes for being in rehab.
I also don't think our b&f is truly reflective as i think you get a vote for just getting a game.

No, it's definitely salt.
giphy.gif

Yes our b&f was alarming as all our best players were injured and couldn't get votes for being in rehab.
I also don't think our b&f is truly reflective as i think you get a vote for just getting a game.
Who are your best players that were injured?
Nic Nat, Yeo etc. Your older guys have been injured now for a couple of years. If you started rebuilding in 2021 as has been suggested here, why not put some of the 30 yr olds on the trade table (Yeo, Darling, Gaff) and hit the draft? You’ve got plenty of these guys and it’s not as if those mentioned have done anything on the field.

WCE are looking every bit as bad as North of 2 years ago. It’s looking like a very long road back for the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what exactly?
Hard to say. Some sort of validation I'd guess. You guys seem very keen on Reid, and seem a bit insulted that North haven't yet made an offer that you deem fitting. You seem to want North to make an offer that you can't refuse, even though you would like West Coast to refuse such an offer anyway.

I find it all very strange. But I also remember some North fans behaving similarly when Adelaide were making offers to get JHF.

Hard to say. Some sort of validation I'd guess. You guys seem very keen on Reid, and seem a bit insulted that North haven't yet made an offer that you deem fitting. You seem to want North to make an offer that you can't refuse, even though you would like West Coast to refuse such an offer anyway.

I find it all very strange. But I also remember some North fans behaving similarly when Adelaide were making offers to get JHF.
Actually, we just want North to * off and keep their picks their fans seem obsessed with rubbing in everyone's faces.

TBH, I just can't wait for this to be over.

Both parties would be happy for things to stay as they are.

I'd like to buy back in using and F2 and 37 if the right players are left on the board.
(If you guys leave any left 😆)

I think this is very true from a fan point of view.

But my gut says North want Reid as much as WCE want to sell him.
I'm confident a deal with be done before trade night, and everyone on here will feel like they lost :tearsofjoy:

If you started rebuilding in 2021 as has been suggested here, why not put some of the 30 yr olds on the trade table (Yeo, Darling, Gaff) and hit the draft?
Maybe.. WC are rebuilding the same way the Swans did with (McVeigh, Kennedy, Buddy, now Parker, Rampe etc) and keep their older players for their leadership and mentoring of their draftees?

Maybe WC are a club that is loyal to their players and dont just force them out for new toys, unlike teams like collingwood who force players out whether the player is wanting to stay or not (contract or uncontracted)?

Maybe WC is a club run by decent Humans rather than sociopaths like eddie mcguire?

Maybe WC is forced to do things like this because they dont have the same opportunities and perks that a big melbourne club has?

Its Hilarious when supporters of big melbourne clubs start telling other clubs how to re-build.. haha - no ****ing idea

What do eagles/demon/neutral fans think of the draft night trade of melbournes pick six for eagles future first?

Assuming Curtin is available.

Wouldn't do it that's Curtin for next years pick 1/2. Is he really worth that?

Umm, NN, Shuey, Yeo, McGovern, Ryan, Sheed, Barrass, etc. At one point we only had the Cat B rookies in the WAFL because everyone else was in the 23, or injured.

Nic Nat, Yeo etc. Your older guys have been injured now for a couple of years. If you started rebuilding in 2021 as has been suggested here, why not put some of the 30 yr olds on the trade table (Yeo, Darling, Gaff) and hit the draft? You’ve got plenty of these guys and it’s not as if those mentioned have done anything on the field.

Because those guys aren't worth much in a trade and WCE would benefit more from having them around to guide the younger blokes. You can't just get rid of everyone and expect improvement.

We're yet to see a club be successful going down that route.

WCE are looking every bit as bad as North of 2 years ago. It’s looking like a very long road back for the Eagles.

Nobody really cares if it takes longer as long as it's done properly.

It's not looking nearly as dire as North though, because WCE haven't drafted the same position 8 years in a row at the pointy end of the draft...

Apparently Curtin wants the bright lights of Melbourne so it’s actually 100%!😂😂😂 this flight risk stuff is ridiculous people seem to think eagles are now freo.
We're either going to wind up with Reid at 1 or McKercher at 2. Not a word has been said about McKercher, who I think is the biggest fight risk, not because I don't think he'll like Perth but because the AFL will be throwing money at him (indirectly of course) to be Tassie's marquee player.

Mate just go back and watch the grand final replay again.

And we will go and watch ours.;)

Eagles will be fine, thanks for your heart felt concern!

We're either going to wind up with Reid at 1 or McKercher at 2. Not a word has been said about McKercher, who I think is the biggest fight risk, not because I don't think he'll like Perth but because the AFL will be throwing money at him (indirectly of course) to be Tassie's marquee player.
I'm not sure where this idea that Mckercher is a flight risk comes from. When asked about the Tassie team in interviews he could barely have shown less interest. He is from Launceston, and like many kids his age, wants to get out. The new team will be based in Hobart, where there is slightly more for a cashed-up kid in his early twenties to do - but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back