Toast I have faith in Ken Hinkley

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah totally agree. We did a few chaos ball type entries, but most of the time we'd caught them out of position through our relentless pressure forcing turnovers, quick movement and a good forward setup that didn't allow their gun talls to control the aerial battle. We kicked to plenty of contests, but we kicked to contests where we had an advantage because of the above.

I've found it a bit funny to read this narrative this week that we've somehow unlocked West Coast by chaos balling in over and over again. That wasn't how the game played out, and adopting that method certainly won't work for every team if they don't do the other things we did.

I think some of it was clearer decision making too. The basic instruction being if you didn't have a clear target with the ability to kick to advantage, keep the ball lower or even along the ground. Absolute learning from last week, will be fascinating to see whether we can continue to play with this level of focus and pressure.

It is only fair that I provide an alternative to my #SackHinkley graphics for our #TrueBelievers:

Bs2wwHc.jpg

c5zIAZu.jpg

7Aq1Ld7.jpg

0K1CkhP.jpg

MZMR3NM.jpg

uA8go70.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have faith that one day Ken Hinkley will depart Port Adelaide.

I don't know when, but it will be someday.

I have faith that one day Ken Hinkley will depart Port Adelaide.

I don't know when, but it will be someday.

I was coming here to post basically the exact same thing.

I just pray that it comes soon enough Robbie and Boak have a chance at a premiership. But i think thats wish-full thinking.

I'm disappointed to lose, and usually very critical of Hinkley. But if you told me at the start of the game we would lose

*Burton 10 mins in

*get absolutely rimmed by the umpires with 4 goals from frees

*dominate clearances and win the inside 50s

*win alot of the ball against a team that generally chips it around all the time

And only lose by 20 points, with our youngest starting 22 in an AFL match since 1998.

We didn't do that bad, this Adelaide team is rubbish and finished, two more of our senior players in and we probably win tonight. We should have lost by 10+ goals tonight but we also never gave up. So much scope for improvement in this squad, we just need to recruit a few more key forwards.

Looking forward to Dougs being given some more time up forward in the next few weeks.

Yes we lost the Showdown and it hurts to lose against those wanks, but I can smell alot of Showdown success coming our way. All we need is a forward line that functions just as well as our defence and we will be very hard to beat

On LYA-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Unlikey to win before the bounce. Was asked by a pleasant ricuito on way in if confident, which i replied no and wished him a good call. Solid overall effort from the team we fielded. No reason to complain. Had a couple of supporters behind who talked rubbish about anything other than footy, only complaint. In the end had enough and paid out the female when we had a bit of a run in last quarter. Pity burton got injured as he was on his game v eddie.

Unlikey to win before the bounce. Was asked by a pleasant ricuito on way in if confident, which i replied no and wished him a good call. Solid overall effort from the team we fielded. No reason to complain. Had a couple of supporters behind who talked rubbish about anything other than footy, only complaint. In the end had enough and paid out the female when we had a bit of a run in last quarter. Pity burton got injured as he was on his game v eddie.
No reason to complain?

Are you for real?

We didn't win!

You must have really low expectations of your football team.

In case you haven't noticed Hinkley has now been beaten in 8 of the last 9 Showdowns.

Still no reason to complain?

I'm disappointed to lose, and usually very critical of Hinkley. But if you told me at the start of the game we would lose

*Burton 10 mins in

*get absolutely rimmed by the umpires with 4 goals from frees

*dominate clearances and win the inside 50s

*win alot of the ball against a team that generally chips it around all the time

And only lose by 20 points, with our youngest starting 22 in an AFL match since 1998.

We didn't do that bad, this Adelaide team is rubbish and finished, two more of our senior players in and we probably win tonight. We should have lost by 10+ goals tonight but we also never gave up. So much scope for improvement in this squad, we just need to recruit a few more key forwards.

Looking forward to Dougs being given some more time up forward in the next few weeks.

Yes we lost the Showdown and it hurts to lose against those wanks, but I can smell alot of Showdown success coming our way. All we need is a forward line that functions just as well as our defence and we will be very hard to beat

On LYA-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Shut the * right up.

Burton was on his game?
He did his hamstring in his first contested effort.
We scored 3 goals in the first 3/4s, that’s about as far as you can get from a solid effort.
Out coached, out played and more than likely out of finals again this year!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Providing we have missing senior players back we will have a team to defeat the crows next. Always unlikely to win last night. A solid effort.

Shut the **** right up.
Go and play on the other universe thread. That is all about skinner conditioning. How it works is that yu make either some negative comment or personal insult and yu get a trillion likes. That reinforces the said behaviour and yu strive for some more outlandish, unsupportive repitive comment and ye gey even what more likes and so on. Its called footy skinner conditioning like maybe a drill and practice reward system. Quite addictive. The liberals should at last come up with apolice of 100 million for those with the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back