[ICC Cricket World Cup 2003] - South Africa vs West Indies

Remove this Banner Ad

For their long-term future in international cricket, I reckon it's crucial the Windies do well at this World Cup. There's very little infrastructure or money in their domestic comp - compared to over here, at least - and it would be a damn shame to see them bow out of the international scene. It's remarkable how they've actually stayed up for so long. I'd love to see them go all the way and take home the World Cup, especially if Brian Lara and co. continues to treat us to such bludgeoning displays ...

Originally posted by dogboy23
Anyone else think that South Africa is a very overated bowling side?Not as tight as they used to be and without Donald at his peak they lack that dynamic edge.Kallis was bowling absolute pies and Ntini should have been called for about 8 wides more than he was.

The one thing that I noticed, surprisingly, was that Pollock was only bowling high 120's. He looks sharper than that, I wonder how credible their speed gun is.

A really great performance from the "best team in the world."

That's karma Shauny boy!

As for that...I'm holding you personally responsible if we lose to Pakistan :p

South African captain Shaun Pollock paid tribute to Klusener.

"Without him we wouldn't have had a chance. He was superb," Pollock said.

AP

incorrect with him you had no chance.2nd time running in a world cup he cost you dearly in the closing overs.

btw i think gilly has a rival in the clean power hitting stakes.young powell certainly is up there with gilly.i was very impressed with the lad.

cheers!

Originally posted by tiger of old

incorrect with him you had no chance.2nd time running in a world cup he cost you dearly in the closing overs.

btw i think gilly has a rival in the clean power hitting stakes.young powell certainly is up there with gilly.i was very impressed with the lad.

cheers!
He and Sarwan played very well but Pollocks got to take some of the blame.No deep midwicket for almost the entire 35 overs after the field restrictions is going to hurt unless you bowl exceptionally well.I would have taken a deep midwicket over a deep backward square especially with some of the heaving that was going on.

Originally posted by dogboy23
He and Sarwan played very well but Pollocks got to take some of the blame.No deep midwicket for almost the entire 35 overs after the field restrictions is going to hurt unless you bowl exceptionally well.I would have taken a deep midwicket over a deep backward square especially with some of the heaving that was going on.
i agree!with the line the sth african bowlers were bowling there was no need for a backward sq leg.

cheers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back