If you had the final say on 3 more mandatory list cuts, who would you cut/trade?

If you had the final say on 3 more mandatory list cuts, which 3 would you cut/trade?

• RCD

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Aarts

Votes: 46 93.9%
  • Stack

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Martyn

Votes: 44 89.8%
  • Other

Votes: 20 40.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In Order
1. Aarts : just not good enough.
2. RCD : has not improved at an acceptable rate.
3. Martyn : has not shown enough
4. Stack : languished. Poor dedication. Never turns up to preseason in acceptable condition.

Aarts and Martyn are a given. For the third I'd be looking at trading out a fringe player that has some currency so we can still have a couple of decent picks this year and/or next year for the draft. One of Ralphsmith, Soldo, Graham and Ross could be the steak knives required so we can keep a decent pick or two, rather than trading them all out.

*Aarts, good VFL player and that's it. Nothing wrong with that.
*Castagna, enough said.
*Martyn although he did okay off the HBF in the VFL when moved there.
*RCD happy to keep but if the GWS lads come in I just can't see who he replaces.
*Biggy, VFL games I've seen I've not been impressed. Good traffic director, loves pointing.

All imo only....

Last edited:
If we can somehow get Castagna, Aarts, RCD and Martyn off our list, I believe we’d have a list where I could not name one single player where I can say with certainty “not AFL standard and never will be”.

This would change through 2023 as a couple of
spuds emerge, but in my mind we wouldn’t have a single ‘write off’ on our list to start 2023 which is quite extraordinary.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

daniel rioli and short

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon RCD is around the 8th player to bring into the 22 to cover injuries (obviously dependent on which line those injuries are) Castagna, Martyn and Aarts would be around the 18-20th players to bring in, so those 3 for mine.

Back