Opinion In the frame: rookie list special

Remove this Banner Ad

Good synopsis...Clubhouse leader: Petterd, Stephenson and Lonergan have played the most with Petterd the most notable in a new role at half-back. The decision to elevate will come down to what the Tigers think they need more; Petterd's work in a position he played in as a junior that could release Chris Newman up the ground, Stephenson as a back-up in case Ivan Maric gets hurt or Lonergan on the inside in the event Foley is out for n extended period. Petterd is probably leading.

Reckon it ought be O, even tho I prefer Petterd. We lose Maric and we r done.

Had it pretty good last year with injuries, but nearly broke Maric, and his 2nd half of the season wasn't up to his 1st, we can cover everyone else, but him. Be nice to keep him fresh for all 22 ( plus...).

I think we can easily crack the finals, but are the most vulnerable hopeful, lose Maric, Lids or Jack, and we got strife.

Does that mean 2 rookies? I know stig said 1 but it did say another club only has 39 so they could add 1 player. Since we have 38 we should be able to nominate 2.

Has to be Stephenson for sheer practicality.

this gets announced today doesn't it? I hope its my boy petterd but i guess if you're talking on a needs basis it has to be orren :(

but petered would almost be best 22 if you're going off pre-season form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this gets announced today doesn't it? I hope its my boy petterd but i guess if you're talking on a needs basis it has to be orren :(

but petered would almost be best 22 if you're going off pre-season form.
Tomorrow is cut-off I believe.

Pies just announced they're elevating Hudson. Wonder if we'll follow suit with Big O.

As much as Petterd has pushed hard for the updgrade, unfortunately for him it all boils down to Vickery and Derrickz showing the brains trust that the big O has to be updgraded as insurance. If Vickery or Derrizz showed something then it might have been a different ball game. Lets put it this way, last saturdays game stated the bleeding obvious at center bounces..Maric dominated and the moment Vickery entered the fray he was torn a new one every ******* time..so much so that we ended up with McGuane taking a couple of center bounces...so you can understand why the big O gets in, if he were to.

This is a gamble that will put the brains trust balls on the line if they dont go big O. Because if they dont, then they hang their hats on Maric getting through a long season somewhat unscathed. Which i wouldnt be hanging my balls on, seeing as we got max out of him last year and the law of averages will soon enough catch up. Or they deem one of Vickery or Dezzics, capable enough to fill a Maric absence. If that occurs and we stumble and it costs us...i am afraid to say heads will have to roll on who made that call...thats the bottom line in the end, take the conservative approach and have a somewhat competitive insurance or risk your career on the health of one player over a long season..

Does anyone know the actual amount of rookies we can elevate?

1 OR 2

We Have 38 Senior Players and 6 Rookies surly we will get to elevate 2.

If we only get 1 hopefully Petterd gets the nod.

But still, I was very impressed with S.Lonergan at Visy Park. He played with his head over ball and just won contested ball, one after the other. Unfortunately his out of the running.

With Big O the Big ? at this stage.

Didn't Lonergan have decent game vs the dogs?

Very hard choice - this must be what its like to have decent depth options to choose from!

Personally I'd like to lean towards Petterd based on his form (though Stephenson has impressed me also) I think Maric should be fine to play at least the opening 10-11 games before the bye. Think we need to play our best team every week (and at the moment, Petterd would be in it). Sure it's sensible to take the cautious approach but personally I think we should roll the dice and see how our luck goes. If Maric doesn't get injured, then elevating Stephenson is a bit of a waste as Petterd may have the ability to come in and make an impact.

Just on Petterd, doesn't he have his own share of injury history? If he were to go down - would we be able to elevate Stephenson then?

Either way, tough decision for the coaches/list management folk.

As much as Petterd has pushed hard for the updgrade, unfortunately for him it all boils down to Vickery and Derrickz showing the brains trust that the big O has to be updgraded as insurance. If Vickery or Derrizz showed something then it might have been a different ball game. Lets put it this way, last saturdays game stated the bleeding obvious at center bounces..Maric dominated and the moment Vickery entered the fray he was torn a new one every ******* time..so much so that we ended up with McGuane taking a couple of center bounces...so you can understand why the big O gets in, if he were to.

This is a gamble that will put the brains trust balls on the line if they dont go big O. Because if they dont, then they hang their hats on Maric getting through a long season somewhat unscathed. Which i wouldnt be hanging my balls on, seeing as we got max out of him last year and the law of averages will soon enough catch up. Or they deem one of Vickery or Dezzics, capable enough to fill a Maric absence. If that occurs and we stumble and it costs us...i am afraid to say heads will have to roll on who made that call...thats the bottom line in the end, take the conservative approach and have a somewhat competitive insurance or risk your career on the health of one player over a long season..
If you're going to pot the bloke at every opportunity you should at least get his name right.

Derrickx.

Not Derrickz.

Not Derrizz.

Not Dezzics.

Derrickx.

As far as I know we are entitled to upgrade 2 rookies because we are allowed 40 players on the senior list. But as the rules are not easy to find I have also heard the 2nd rookie spot will not be available for upgrade until round 7. Still don't know why we wasted a senior list spot on Aaron Edwards....

Also there is no veterans list in terms of adding additional spots on the senior or rookie list, there is just additional money made available to the salary cap.

If you're going to pot the bloke at every opportunity you should at least get his name right.

Derrickx.

Not Derrickz.

Not Derrizz.

Not Dezzics.

Derrickx.
If you're gunna have a go at someone about spelling then probably should spell the name correctly yourself. It's Derickx

Remove this Banner Ad

Back