Bumped Random Chat - I want BBQ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going back next year
Commiserations sir.

Once I get past this week and a bit of cramming hell I have 3 and half months before I start my new job. It's going to be ******* grand.

haha, Just saw on a threat that some one thinks

"Na, Melbourne of 2000 would have beaten Port of '07 by 10 goals.
Ports forward line wasnt that special"
yeah sure. what ever you think.

People don't like to admit it but players these days are stronger and fitter than ever. Just about any team in the comp would comfortably beat the Bombers of 2000, the game has changed that much.

People don't like to admit it but players these days are stronger and fitter than ever. Just about any team in the comp would comfortably beat the Bombers of 2000, the game has changed that much.

What with sport science and the increased speed of the game these days, I'm sure they're fitter, but very questionable whether they're better. I think the 2000 Bombers would still do just fine.

I watched the Matthew Lloyd interview with Mike Sheehan. Lloyd is one of those players who I've come to like post-career after absolutely hating him on-field. He turned himself into a goalkicking machine; I mean he kicked 109 in 2000 and 105 in 2001. Yes the game has changed but if you had Misiti/Hird/Mercuri delivering to the likes of Lucas/Lloyd you'd have a lot of trouble stopping them.

Serious question - has anyone ever been in a situation where a boss was targeting them? Where you felt like no matter what you were going to be fired sooner or later and you are waiting for the hammer to drop?

Serious question - has anyone ever been in a situation where a boss was targeting them? Where you felt like no matter what you were going to be fired sooner or later and you are waiting for the hammer to drop?
No. I've had a few bosses who had a few issues with me - but not to job on the line point. Also that was when I worked in Canberra where transferring in the APS to another area with hopefully better people isn't that difficult to do. Mind you, I have heard of or observed some terrible examples.

Why? Is your boss on your case or something?

Yep. Had a sit down "what the * is going on?" session with him after an issue and now we're both pretending nothing happened. Not sure what you do for a crust but I'd have a pow wow and find out where you sit.

Yep. Had a sit down "what the **** is going on?" session with him after an issue and now we're both pretending nothing happened. Not sure what you do for a crust but I'd have a pow wow and find out where you sit.
Done that and he's said 'shape up or ship out' but with no clarification on actual goals. He's two ranks above me in seniority and wants me out.

To be honest I'm tempted to resign the more time goes on. I've been here long enough to earn LSL, I'm going back to uni next year and I am seriously over it. It's about the extra dollars between now and Christmas and whether I can be stuffed dealing with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me thinks it would depend on which umpiring rules were being used . (Interpretations) . The 2000 bombers would have beaten(bashed) the crap out of most teams today if they were allowed to play as they did then .

Done that and he's said 'shape up or ship out' but with no clarification on actual goals. He's two ranks above me in seniority and wants me out.

To be honest I'm tempted to resign the more time goes on. I've been here long enough to earn LSL, I'm going back to uni next year and I am seriously over it. It's about the extra dollars between now and Christmas and whether I can be stuffed dealing with it.

I'd look for another job then. That was the point of my little chat, and he ended up doing some backpedaling. Still don't trust him at all and I don't see the working relationship recovering past polite, terse civility. I've got no interest working somewhere where you feel like people are looking over your shoulder looking to ping you for any misstep and I don't imagine you do either. Some people might suggest going to HR but I wouldn't trust them to look out for your best interests either.

I'd look for another job then. That was the point of my little chat, and he ended up doing some backpedaling. Still don't trust him at all and I don't see the working relationship recovering past polite, terse civility. I've got no interest working somewhere where you feel like people are looking over your shoulder looking to ping you for any misstep and I don't imagine you do either. Some people might suggest going to HR but I wouldn't trust them to look out for your best interests either.
Don't trust HR as far as I can throw them.

I figured. Ugh. I'm so excited to go back to uni but I just wanted to get through the 4 months til then. Ah well.

Don't trust HR as far as I can throw them.

I figured. Ugh. I'm so excited to go back to uni but I just wanted to get through the 4 months til then. Ah well.
Go travel young fella. YOLO.

Yep, few years ago just out of school I worked in a restaurant. Different scenario because I don't think you're working as a lowly kitchenhand like I was but from day one I hated the chef and owner, and only lasted a month. I was resigned to leaving literally a week in, had several arguments with the boss and was just counting down the days.

Thank crap its died down. I hate wind. It makes me edgy and makes the cats insane. They've been rocketing around wrestling and knocking s**t over all day. Ron Barassi is still swishing his tail and staring maniacally at nothing particular with massive black eyes. I hope they sleep. More to the point I hope I do.

Klyntonius that at your place? Hope no one was hurt. The wind today was crazy.

Yeah, tis at my place. Funny thing is, I've been nervous about it for the four years I've been here and during the week I looked at it and wondered if I should get it looked at. Thought about it a bit and decided it actually looks pretty healthy, that I'm just paranoid and it hasn't ever really given me cause for concern...

Fortunately it fell the way it did. Had it fallen the opposite way it would have;
A) blocked my driveway and
B) much, much worse, fallen into my neighbours house.

On the plus side, it's a good head start on firewood for next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back