Preview Ins and Outs v a promising EDFL club - RD 10, 23

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok ive looked a couple of times and cannot see a Preview thread for the game v Norf

This can suffice for the time being.

Ins - Stephens, HHK

Outs: Mills, LMac both injured, Sheather sub

Stephens over Gus because we need someone to run to defence

HHK mobile forward who is fit, smart and is a great kick

NORTH Melbourne could unleash last year's No.4 AFL Draft pick George Wardlaw for his debut this weekend, with the club set to make a whopping six enforced changes following its bruising defeat to Port Adelaide last Saturday.

Cam Zurhaar underwent surgery to repair a jaw injury on Sunday and is now considered unlikely to recover in time for this weekend's clash with Sydney, the latest in a long line of North Melbourne injuries stemming from round nine.

Luke Davies-Uniacke and Darcy Tucker will miss after suffering hamstring injuries, Jack Mahony won't play after dislocating his shoulder, while Flynn Perez has entered the AFL's 12-day concussion protocols.

Aidan Corr accepted a striking charge on Monday and will subsequently serve a one-match suspension, making it six players likely to be unavailable, though the Kangaroos are confident Paul Curtis will recover from a corked quad.

NORTH Melbourne could unleash last year's No.4 AFL Draft pick George Wardlaw for his debut this weekend, with the club set to make a whopping six enforced changes following its bruising defeat to Port Adelaide last Saturday.

Cam Zurhaar underwent surgery to repair a jaw injury on Sunday and is now considered unlikely to recover in time for this weekend's clash with Sydney, the latest in a long line of North Melbourne injuries stemming from round nine.

Luke Davies-Uniacke and Darcy Tucker will miss after suffering hamstring injuries, Jack Mahony won't play after dislocating his shoulder, while Flynn Perez has entered the AFL's 12-day concussion protocols.

Aidan Corr accepted a striking charge on Monday and will subsequently serve a one-match suspension, making it six players likely to be unavailable, though the Kangaroos are confident Paul Curtis will recover from a corked quad.

A few Norfies say Wardlaw is not fit enough yet. But hey Norf have been hit like us.

Oof… you are right. Horse will likely,select Ladhams to have Bud, Pete the Lad and HMac in the forward line - HMac is the speedster from that lot
Buddy retirement at end of year will be announced during this week.

Honestly there are so many who deserve to be dropped but we can't even entertain it because our depth and injury list is in such a state right now.

This season can get in the bin.
There are very few in the seconds …. So much so Wicks would be a real consideration.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are sorely missing what he can offer at his best. But I didn't see much of it on the weekend, albeit it was his first match back in a long while.
I agree there was very little on the weekend to go by, but it’s where we are at I guess.

I would probably bring in Sheather and Stephens for McDonald and Mills. For continuity by selecting guys who have played seniors recently.

And then Sheldrick or Wicks as the sub. I feel Wicks could be useful for forward pressure for the rest of the season but not sure if he needs more VFL games. Or get more game time into Sheldrick because we might need to use him in the mids this season.

I would probably bring in Sheather and Stephens for McDonald and Mills. For continuity by selecting guys who have played seniors recently.

And then Sheldrick or Wicks as the sub. I feel Wicks could be useful for forward pressure for the rest of the season but not sure if he needs more VFL games. Or get more game time into Sheldrick because we might need to use him in the mids this season.
I would bring Wicks in as AFL experienced and has a body that is ready to go, sub is a good call I think.

We are going to get caned in the ruck if Goldy plays against Hickey. If fit I would prefer Ladhams who currently would provide a better contest than Hickey. Give Hickey another week in the twos. He never looked that mobile on the weekend.
Apart from that presuming MacDonald and Mills are out then probably Sheldrick and Stephens with one playing in the guts. Would like to see HHK given a chance if possible I think he was last year's mid season recruit so would only be contracted until the end of this year.
Wicks would need another week in the twos you would think has been out for a while. If Sheather comes in I wouldn't be that unhappy should really be getting into the pace of AFL after a couple of appearances has done some decent things and looks like he can match it physically.
If Horse plays Hickey and Ladhams I can't see McLean getting involved enough without him chopping out in the ruck where he has really improved.
Knowing Horse he will be conservative regardless.

Wow those are some serious outs for Norf. Zurharr always kills us and LDU is an immense mid for them.

For the swans it’s damned if we do (win) and damned if we dont(win)

If we win, then it’s just Norf but if we lose….will this place implode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back