Is cooney the only number 1 to have been the best pick?

Remove this Banner Ad

maximus steel

Team Captain
Sep 4, 2009
Here and there
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Fevs slot jockeys
Over the past 10-15 years, is cooney the only player to have been the best player available in that draft? I personally dont know all of them off by heart but of the recents it would definetly be worth an argument.

yeah apologies i though riewoldt was taken 2, fair call on goddard to but still that is a pretty select few

Wondered how long it was going to take for the cavalry to arrive. So easy....
What do you expect them to do? :rolleyes: In jest or not you're having a go at their club. You're not outwitting them in any way, and to claim superiority just because you got a couple of bites is moronic.

I rue the day Melbourne picked a proven goal kicker who is currently delivering the goods up against Port over a palm tree lookin mug who has about two kicks and 5 or 6 hitouts again. the only difference between nicnat and kepler bradley is where their parents are from.
Lol @ bolded.

Two goals in the first quarter then 'gone fishin'.. Reminds me of a poor mans Justin Westhoff.

this is not a jack watts thread, and the theory of the OP was proven wrong already, close thread.

Cooney
Riewoldt
Goddard

Early to judge but i also reckon Kruezer and Gibbs will also probably prove to be the best of their years as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodge is very good, but he's coming from one of the deepest drafts of all time. Dane Swan, Pick 51! Bartel, Pick 8! Judd, Pick 3, Dal Santo, Pick 14. Montagna, Mitchell and Steve Johnson.

Ablett? I don't think Hodge can lay a claim to be better than all of these guys. I'm sure I've left some out.

I hope people don't start arguing over 2001. No way to determine. Greatest draft in history.

2008 looks like it might be another monster draft. So many great footballers coming through now. Don't argue about that one either.

Obviously Riewoldt and Goddard. I think Kreuzer might take the cake for '07 eventually.

The recent drafts have been fairly deep. 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 all had some gems.

You can hardly say Judd didn't perform in 2005, he won the norm smith, just his team didn't get them over the line

I said premierships. West Coast didn't win a premiership in 2005. Judd wasn't outstanding, he was just arguably the best of a pretty even bunch in the premiership loss.

On form he's the clear No.1

Also the only player of that draft to perform in a premiership.

ummm no... on form Judd is the clear number one... and he won the brownlow in 04', Norm smith in 05' and a premiership in 06
as well as having 4 AA's to Hodges 2 AA's
Hodge is a great player, it just that Judd is better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back