Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
I'm talking about the report on AFL.COM that states that Ken Judge was 'furious' when Chick told him he would stay at Hawthorn. (good Job you can't throw chairs from Perth to Melbourne)
Now I am taking all these 'stories' on face value but if they are true then some aspects of his departure are abit alarming.
Obviously Ken sees himself as a 'Career' Coach without any preference/affiliation to a particular club (Unlike say, Tony Shaw) but should he be so active in encouraging footballers to move around with him ?
The story with chick is obvious - saying theres a place for him there at any time (Why didn't WCE put up an equivalent trade to help this along ?) And to be furious when your little 'scheme' got caught out by an equally determined Hawthorn administration.
It's no secret they are also targetting Johnny Hay also.

Ken should remember that Hawthorn could have demanded that he honour his contract rather than releasing him from it.

Perhaps Kevin Sheedy was right after all

Still, at least I'm not a WCE fan - they should be in for a frustrating year.

Pess,
I don't think Judge has much regard for contracts or rules. He clearly had in mind to leave for West Coast - remember pre R17 at Port when he wouldn't say anything. Then Hawthorn improved late 1999 & West Coast collapsed & he suddenly stated after R22 I'm contracted so I am staying (now I might want to stay).
I am more concerned that Chick was prepared to do this deal than that Judge was prepared to have him. Hawthorn now must ensure no similar arrangement has been made with Hay.

------------------
Goatmaster
the prime minister of the principality of Mooball

And could it be that Chick and a couple of others have had great seasons because the Judge shackles are off ?

The thought of in-form Crawford, Chick, Harford plus Woods (who keeps confounding his critics)Piccione, Rock etc has me eager for the season to start

And could Thommo, Croad, Dixon, Lord and McCabe have potential to go in the midfield.

Perhaps Ayres and Judge are a secret Hawthorn plot to keep The Crows and Eagles Down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back