Moved Thread Is Paddy McCartin ahead of Tom Boyd?

Who is the better number 1 pick?

• Paddy McCartin

• Tom Boyd

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he comes back into the side. But part of me says Bev doesn't like the idea of Redpath and Boyd in the same forward line due to their lack of mobility. Then we already have Roughie and Campbell, plus we play a pretty small team when you look at it preferring to run and link offensively while harassing and zoning defensively.

Nah you're right, Boyd has played 1 good game.

A better game than McCartin's ever played ... also kicked 4 against the Lions and got the Rising Star nom

I know this is just a couple of examples ... but people are harsh on Boyd and laugh at him .. but Paddy hasn't shown much more. Neither of them have done much right now, which is not surprising for young key forwards

One makes considerably more money than the other, so of course they are going to be judged differently despite producing very similar performances. That's just unfortunate for Boyd.

I for one look forward to the next decade and change of these two (and a handful of others) power forwards dominating the forward 50. Whether one has supposedly gone past the other at this stage of their careers shouldn't even be up for debate imo, but I guess the polls board would become a ghost town otherwise.

with more garbage such as membrey being in the same stratosphere as stringer, let alone ahead of him.
Wow! Stringer is good But he's one of the most overrated players in the league.. And some of the comparisons of him to Ablett Snr are an absolute joke. He Does some flashy things, but is hardly the superstar everyone makes him out to be.

I agree Stringer is better than Membrey, even tho stats show otherwise.
It's Just like how Boyd may have statistically had better games then McCartin, however if you sit down and watch them closely, McCartin looks a much better footballer. Boyd is bigger which makes him hard to defend. Whereas Paddy is a lot smarter and pure natural forward, getting to the right spots all the time. (I haven't as yet seen Boyd show similar traits)

So if you actually watch footballers closely it's obvious stringer is better than Membrey.
But McCartin is clearly better than Boyd.

A better game than McCartin's ever played ... also kicked 4 against the Lions and got the Rising Star nom

I know this is just a couple of examples ... but people are harsh on Boyd and laugh at him .. but Paddy hasn't shown much more. Neither of them have done much right now, which is not surprising for young key forwards
86% of people think he's shown more.

Wow! Stringer is good But he's one of the most overrated players in the league..

Yet over his career this far has still outperformed any St Kilda player the same age or younger by an absolute mile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, this board is funny.
One week someone plays a blinder and is rated ahead of another. Next week they play poorly and have taken backseat again.

As for Boyd, wait a couple of years. He's still developing from a physical stand point. The kid is 6ft'7/105kg and not yet 21 years of age. Consistency will take time.
He will be a massive weapon in September and that is going to be a lot of finals matches he'll partake in as the Dogs stay around the top of the ladder for the next 5+ years.

Not worth trying to explain about his money payed v's salary increase to you. like i mentioned watch this space when i reply to you in a couple of years time

7 mill over 7 years nothing more or less to it. How you cook up a story to make yourself feel better about this is your prerogative.

And ill be awaiting your return in approximately what, 800 days?? lol

7 mill over 7 years nothing more or less to it. How you cook up a story to make yourself feel better about this is your prerogative.

And ill be awaiting your return in approximately what, 800 days?? lol
How on earth am i cooking up a story? are you mental or something?

Wow! Stringer is good But he's one of the most overrated players in the league.. And some of the comparisons of him to Ablett Snr are an absolute joke.
You're right the comparisons are a joke. At 22 Ablett had kicked 42 goals...Stringer at the same age has 115 and an AA selection. Don't compare them again ok? You just make yourself look silly...Overrated...what a bloody joke

Mccartin 100% not ahead of Boyd yet. Definitely having a better few weeks and seeing as recency bias dominates AFL opinion i can see how this thread exists. Both sides have a lot to look forward to in these two young marking presences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back