Is the top 4 set?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Melbourne are very safe in the top 4 and Brisbane are reasonably safe too but 3rd and 4th are very much up for grabs at this stage. There are 5 teams who could all realistically think they are within a shot of getting those spots on the ladder.

I think Melbourne are very safe in the top 4 and Brisbane are reasonably safe too but 3rd and 4th are very much up for grabs at this stage. There are 5 teams who could all realistically think they are within a shot of getting those spots on the ladder.
Nah we won't make top 4. We've got Coll, Carlton, Brisbane (x2), Geelong (GMHBA) and Frem (WA). That's 8 losses for the year. Not to mention the dogs who would beat us at the moment.

Nah we won't make top 4. We've got Coll, Carlton, Brisbane (x2), Geelong (GMHBA) and Frem (WA). That's 8 losses for the year. Not to mention the dogs who would beat us at the moment.
Not a chance - just your innate Demons pessimism shining through there. You'll romp home Top 4 and 90% likely finish Top 2. The losses come at the perfect time, if that's possible. You'll take care of the Pies next weekend on Queens B'day before a chance for a little re-set for after the bye.

Sydney and Freo were both excellent but clearly playing well beyond themselves. I recognise this phenomenon well, as the Tigers opponents have regularly treated their matchup with us as a H&A "final" over the last 5 years. Similarly, it was usually non-Vic clubs, namely the two Adelaide teams, that tended to turn up against us, amongst others. Looks fantastic on the day/night, but not sustainable.

As for the Bulldogs beating you atm? Not a hope in hell - their forward line is almost totally dysfunctional and your rebounding defence would dine out on their turnovers.

Keep the faith Dees man.

lol... be a disaster if dees don't make top 4... should still finish top

Far from set, the top 4 only Melb will be guaranteed, Lions have had a very soft draw, and the next 4 weeks will see where they are at with games against top 8 opposition, when you look it's from 2nd to 6th who are in the mix and we can break that down further as some have softer draw than others.

1. Melbourne
2. Brisbane
3. Fremantle
4. Richmond/Sydney

If we beat cats and Carlton this is correct. Imo Dees finishing minor premiers is not guaranteed anymore. They have lost both times against flag contenders this year which I called because they had an easy draw barely beating bottom 6 sides and you all gave me s**t lol.

If we beat cats and Carlton this is correct. Imo Dees finishing minor premiers is not guaranteed anymore. They have lost both times against flag contenders this year which I called because they had an easy draw barely beating bottom 6 sides and you all gave me s**t lol.

I think you’ll beat us if you catch us on a bad night, the blues is 50/50. Dees should still finish on top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably narrows to the current top 7 (8+ wins) with Tigers maybe an outside chance. Out of top 7 teams playing each other, Saints (7/11 with 2 interstate + 1 in Geelong) and Lions (6/11 with 3 interstate) stand out as having really tough runs home - I'd expect both to slide.

Dees have probably the next toughest with 5/10 remaining against the top 7 (2 interstate + 1 in Geelong) but I'd still expect them to hold first.

Cats have by far the easiest run home (no remaining interstate matches against top 7 teams and 3/10), so expecting them to solidify top 4 and come home strong.

I'd go:
1. Demons (17 wins)
2. Cats (16 wins)
3. Dockers (15 wins)
4. Lions (15 wins)

then

5. Swans (15 wins)
6. Blues (15 wins)
7. Tigers (14 wins)
8. Saints (14 wins)

Not a chance - just your innate Demons pessimism shining through there. You'll romp home Top 4 and 90% likely finish Top 2. The losses come at the perfect time, if that's possible. You'll take care of the Pies next weekend on Queens B'day before a chance for a little re-set for after the bye.

Sydney and Freo were both excellent but clearly playing well beyond themselves. I recognise this phenomenon well, as the Tigers opponents have regularly treated their matchup with us as a H&A "final" over the last 5 years. Similarly, it was usually non-Vic clubs, namely the two Adelaide teams, that tended to turn up against us, amongst others. Looks fantastic on the day/night, but not sustainable.

As for the Bulldogs beating you atm? Not a hope in hell - their forward line is almost totally dysfunctional and your rebounding defence would dine out on their turnovers.

Keep the faith Dees man.
We weren't playing "beyond ourselves". How insulting.

Brisbane are still well placed but they are going to have to be very good to hold onto a top 4 spot with a tough run home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back