Ivan Soldo v Mason Cox

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly this thread is called soldo and cox -incidents with some similarities and worthy of a discusssion, yet so many of you obsessives are still on about Ablett-quite a different incident. Pretty telling isn’t it.

Go check who the first one to bring up ablett was....

As Soldo raised his arm to head height Worpel should be the one fined/suspended for intentionally hitting his head on Soldo’s “high” arm.

Then a second fine for staging as you can clearly see the two motion action as he lowers his knees to make the contact and then jumps backwards to make it look like he was knocked down.

Should know from watching the roundball game slow motion doesn’t fare well for stagers. Easy to pick unnatural motions.

Not arguing impact was utter stupidity.

Seen so many appeals where the media have said Richmond has put a good case, looks like the appeal will be upheld. Then whammo!

One of our players got off a melee fine, once. Might've been Joel Bowden around 2006.

I don't want to sound paranoid but... IT'S A ******* CONSPIRACY!

Hopefully all our players give some flying elbows Saturday night and change their last name to Ablett before that fu***it Chrisso does his weekly MRP report.

The Fyfe one annoys me even more - can run past the ball, lift your arm and collect someone in the head - play on.

Lift your arm to brush away some incoming contacting from someone stepping into your line and tickle them on the chin - 1 week on the line.

This comp is becoming more farcical every week.

Seen so many appeals where the media have said Richmond has put a good case, looks like the appeal will be upheld. Then whammo!

One of our players got off a melee fine, once. Might've been Joel Bowden around 2006.

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news but the premiership Richmond won in 2017 was the worst thing that ever happened to your supporter base. You've all turned psychotic as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news but the premiership Richmond won in 2017 was the worst thing that ever happened to your supporter base. You've all turned psychotic as a result.

Been very calm until recently. The sport has lost its way.

Don't understand how Cox can change direction and take out an unsuspecting player 35m off the ball and gets his charge thrown out because the tribunal found it wasn't intentional. While Soldo gets rubbed out for effectively running in a straight line heading back to the middle and bracing for contact when Worpel initiated contact with him.

Simply put there is zero consistency from the Tribunal, at least on this occasion Christian was consistent and laid the charge according to the guidelines, and they wonder why fans become so outraged week to week with their rulings.

The funniest thing in Bigfooty history is the groupthink by Richmond supporters that on the back of 29 decent weeks of football the AFL changed the rules to stop them winning

Been very calm until recently. The sport has lost its way.
No it hasn't. The MRP guidelines are black and white and fairly simple to understand.

Richmond simply ****ed it up by not contesting the force of the contact. It was intentional - he didn't need to raise the forearm/elbow - as it was avoidable.

It simply comes down to the force which was graded as low by Christian. That should have been the argument at the tribunal and he was a good chance of getting the charge downgraded to a fine.

Don't understand how Cox can change direction and take out an unsuspecting player 35m off the ball and gets his charge thrown out because the tribunal found it wasn't intentional. While Soldo gets rubbed out for effectively running in a straight line heading back to the middle and bracing for contact when Worpel initiated contact with him.

Simply put there is zero consistency from the Tribunal, at least on this occasion Christian was consistent and laid the charge according to the guidelines, and they wonder why fans become so outraged week to week with their rulings.
Two entirely different incidents that shouldn't have been compared from the beginning.

No it hasn't. The MRP guidelines are black and white and fairly simple to understand.

Richmond simply ****** it up by not contesting the force of the contact. It was intentional - he didn't need to raise the forearm/elbow - as it was avoidable.

It simply comes down to the force which was graded as low by Christian. That should have been the argument at the tribunal and he was a good chance of getting the charge downgraded to a fine.
Any intentional hit that’s judged as intentional which makes contact to the head is a suspension so the Tigers never “****ed it up” by arguing it as careless.

If Fyfe and Ablett were seen as careless I don’t see how Soldo’s was any more intentional than his.

You can see him instantly apologetic as soon as he made contact. Soldo’s arms were at the level of his chest and he carelessly pushed into him without taking their size into account.

If Fyfe and Ablett were seen as careless I don’t see how Soldo’s was any more intentional than his.
* mate, Fyfe and Ablett were graded not enough force to constitute a reportable offence. And Soldo's contact was lighter. THAT'S why we should have argued impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back