Recommitted Jack Lukosius [Signed until 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Has it been mentioned he purchased a house in SA last year down at the beach?

He is coming back to SA, its just a matter of which Club has been right into him.

Would say the Crows definitely if he wants to come home.

I think Your first round pick this year (likely to be top 5 range) is overs for Luko on current form, but I also don't know how else a deal can be done unless in the unlikely event Gold Coast are interested in future pick swaps (very strong draft this year I believe)

It's likely this year we may see a forward line of:

HF: Hollands, Lukosious, Day
FF: Rankine, King, Ainsworth

A pick 2, 2 pick 3's, a pick 4 and 2 pick 6's.

Amazing talent. Just gotta hold them together for another 2-3 years to see it shine.
A sad result. Make it:

HF: Hollands Chol Lukosius
F: Rankine Casboult Ainsworth

A non-bullshit artist poster provided some inside word. The usual loves it up there blah blah and then that if he was to leave there's no chance he'd go to Crows. No interest in playing for us full stop.
If he was to leave, which I think is a flip of the coin at the moment. I can see him holding out for Port so he is playing in a team competing in finals. Has grafted for 4 years for the Suns, probably wants to experience some wins.

I still think he can have more impact as an intercepting and rebounding defender
Disagree. Yesterday, it was not a great game from Luko and he still should score 3 goals. I would expect him to score 2-3 goals per game with relative ease.
Just need to get more involved, get more balls on the wing, high forward to deliver inside 50. For those who say he is hopeless in contest that was a pretty good contested mark yesterday, I would say. He also executed a couple of nice tackles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am not overly keen on it as a Port fan, but I am told pretty reliably if he is to return to SA (which is likely), it will be Port.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He will good get for the Power, Ive heard the same.

It will make your haul from the 2018 draft incredible when looking back on it.

Depending on where you finish in 2022, but likely will be for your 2023 1st rounder if you make the 8 this year.

I am not overly keen on it as a Port fan, but I am told pretty reliably if he is to return to SA (which is likely), it will be Port.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He would flourish under a new coach at Port imo (not Ken either)

He was fine. But not stellar. Noone is paying his pick in the draft for him now.
He was more than fine. One of the best kicks in competition already. Luko is smart and reads the game as not many players can. While building his body, he was very good in most games in his first 3 years providing offensive drive from defence. Top 3 in AFL for meters gained.

Now with bigger and stronger body he finally moved forward. While he did not have as many touches against Eagles, every time he touched the ball it was goal danger for Eagles. He scored 1 goal, missed 2 relatively easy set shots, executed a great contested mark, had 3 tackles and 6 score involvements. Just scratching the surface as his teammates often did not see him in good positions. I expect him to average min 2 goals per game, and be involved in many goals chains and inside 50 deliveries. Luko is a difficult match up. Not many forwards can run all day and deliver from around the arcs, wings.

Not many forwards are stellar in their first 3 years. It usually takes time for KPF to develop especially starting on 83kg like Luko. Just look at Bulldogs pick 1 JUH who is dropped regularly or Crows Thilthorpe, pick 2 who was already 100kg when drafted and now was also dropped to work on his craft.

Who cares about pick. Definitely not Suns with all picks concessions in the past 3 years.

Suns keep Luko. At least, I hope as I am a big fan. Luko has some unique traits. He still needs 2-3 years for his body to fully develop. As team improves he should turn into a gun.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back