Traded Jake Carlisle [traded w/ #23 and #44 for #5, #24 and Craig Bird]

Remove this Banner Ad

If saints are so adamant that pick 5 isn't on the table. Why don't they trade next years first for Nth Melbourne's first in this years draft? saints are likely to improve next year so I don't think you'd be sacrificing anything inside the top 6-7.

Then trade 15 and an upgraded pick (maybe 2nd or 3rd round) for Carlisle

Saints will still finish in the bottom 6 or 7 in 2016 most likely, name the teams they are likely to be better than in 2016 ?

It's a good debate.. Based on the facts of your decisions there's a 33% chance of St.Kilda success in the draft. Pick 5 for Carlisle is not overs.
The chance of landing a Franklin or Pendlebury or even Boak makes the punt worthit i think.

At then end of the day each years draft is mutually exclusive. The 2005 draft was pretty hard to miss on, this one should be alot tougher

I would take 4 out of the last 15 drafts ahead of Carlisle at this stage.

Pendlebury
Franklin
Hurley
Boak

That's it.

I think you would find if Stringer was up for trade we would be getting offers a hell of a lot higher then what Essendon are getting for Carlisle.

If saints are so adamant that pick 5 isn't on the table. Why don't they trade next years first for Nth Melbourne's first in this years draft? saints are likely to improve next year so I don't think you'd be sacrificing anything inside the top 6-7.

Then trade 15 and an upgraded pick (maybe 2nd or 3rd round) for Carlisle

I think more likely to trade 5 this year than next year. 2016 draft is expected to be a cracker by most reports.

Carlisle obviously thinks he's worth pick 5 and hence thinks he's better than he is. #deadsetflog
Saints should move on, get Freeman and go to the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the saints actually offered anything though? I'm yet to hear a confirmed offer. I don't think we can blame Carlisle for that

I'm going on what 1) what Essendon wants/wanted and 2) what Carlisle said he wanted the Dons to get (both pick 5). I'm sorry Jake, but you're not worth that.

Even if he "COULD'VE BEEN" and All Australian (N. Brown, 2015 lol)...for someone who only finished top 6 in his club's B&F once (for that year)...just no.

Bidding war was always going to happen - gun KPPs entering their prime don't normally just fall into the market. This is how the trade system SHOULD work - the seller has multiple options to entertain, and can sell to the highest bidder.

Scrap the "player nominates one destination club" BS and you won't get the rubbish shenanigans that St K have tried so far.

They should be laughed out of the trade room really.

Nice win for Essendon. All it takes is more than 1 club showing interest.
People keep overlooking the most important matter with any trade, the player actually has to agree to it.

If the Saints have offered 700K over 4 years or something like that, and the Hawks can only bring 450K to the table Carlisle may not be interested.

I am yet to read anything from Carlisle's team saying anything other than he wants to be a saint.

So no matter what any other clubs offer, the Dons can only trade Carlisle to a club that he wants to play for = St.Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back