Traded Jesse Hogan [Traded to GWS for Pick #54]

Who won this trade?

• Fremantle

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • GWS

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What would we have to give up for him in terms of picks? I assume he is not a free agent.

See no point in letting him go. We have WAFL reserves for lazy players.

Even pay some of his wage at some other club? Wtf? I'd rather pay him too much being lazy at Freo then for him dominate somewhere else.

What would we have to give up for him in terms of picks? I assume he is not a free agent.

Depends how much they want him gone and whether they are going to pay some of his salary or not. I'd be offering them your second. Too much risk for a first, that would be two clubs who badly need key forwards who had given him the Phillip Glass.

Tigers is a nice fit

If the Tigers are as keen on Hogan as the Whispers are saying, does this mean Jack Riewoldt will retire ?

Jack has been a wonderful player and a legend of the RFC but he looks cooked.

Well Rendell saying its a done deal that hes going to GWS

Third round pick should be ample (with possibly a future 4th round pick or fringe player thrown in)

Freo will not get close to what they paid for him from Melbourne.

Is Matt Rendell seen as a trustworthy source? Think he already got Cox to the Bulldogs wrong this trade period.

At this stage some of the better WA journos with a read on Freo (Duffield, Daniels) are saying they expect Jesse to be wearing purple next year, and until one of them changes their mind I'm not going to assume he's out the door.

If the Tigers are as keen on Hogan as the Whispers are saying, does this mean Jack Riewoldt will retire ?

Doubt it. He in contracted for another year and said he wants to play on. Started slowly as the whole team did but found some nice form in the middle of the year to prove he's still got it. 17 goals in the 7 games between r10-17 including bags of 4 v lions and cats and 3 v port.

Tough year for key forwards given how defensive the league is at the moment, as proven by the coleman tallies. Jack and Tom never got the opportunity of the wide open space inside f50 Hawkins and Dixon got at times.

He's still got the smarts and the leap. He isn't the main man anymore which helps, and I'd say Coleman-Jones will be given the chance to take the reins next year too (when his suspension is over :rolleyes:). Or Hogan if he came. Jack lining up on the 3rd tall defender would be a worry for oppo next year.

Is Matt Rendell seen as a trustworthy source? Think he already got Cox to the Bulldogs wrong this trade period.

At this stage some of the better WA journos with a read on Freo (Duffield, Daniels) are saying they expect Jesse to be wearing purple next year, and until one of them changes their mind I'm not going to assume he's out the door.
I’ve seen Rendell’s name pop up a lot in the last week and it looks like he gets pretty poor mail and has poor opinions in general. I’m shocked he was actually a well respected recruiter.

He may be right about Hogan, but the fact he got the Cox info wrong (from his own former club he should have connections with) suggests he isn’t all that trustworthy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve seen Rendell’s name pop up a lot in the last week and it looks like he gets pretty poor mail and has poor opinions in general. I’m shocked he was actually a well respected recruiter.

He may be right about Hogan, but the fact he got the Cox info wrong (from his own former club he should have connections with) suggests he isn’t all that trustworthy.

Just as an outside observer, I think Freo are fed up with Hogan and his dickhead off-field attitude and lifestyle.

Buyer beware here! This has trouble written all over it
Nah its fine...

GIVE US YOUR PICKS!

Personally think he'd be more likely to make a fist of a new club if he got delisted next year and spent a year in the WAFL first.

Can't wait for our melts when Jesse moves and turns it all around and makes us look completely amateur. The spectre of 2001.

Nah its fine...

GIVE US YOUR PICKS!

Personally think he'd be more likely to make a fist of a new club if he got delisted next year and spent a year in the WAFL first.

Can't wait for our melts when Jesse moves and turns it all around and makes us look completely amateur. The spectre of 2001.

I think he is cooked and if you get a pick before 50 then you’ve made out like bandits

Just as an outside observer, I think Freo are fed up with Hogan and his dickhead off-field attitude and lifestyle.

No s**t. But he's also an incredibly talented player who was coming into form in the final few games of the season, and would leave a significant hole they can't fill in the key forward space.

There's a lot to work through with what Hogan wants and how many more chances he gets from the club, and as far as I'm aware the two haven't even discussed that yet.

Close but not quite completely cooked IMO.

4th for goalkicking this year, and only 1 goal off 2nd.

Hoping he gets to 300/700 next year then calls it a day.

Despite that he jumped all year and brought the ball to ground.

Buyer beware here! This has trouble written all over it
Sydney will be a good location for him

Out of the football bubble will be the best place for him to go about his business and try to get back to his old form

Back