Squad:

COLLINGWOOD

B: J.Aish 14, J.Roughead 23, T.Langdon 8
HB: N.Murphy 28, D.Moore 30, J.Crisp 25
C: T.Phillips 21, R.Wills 33, S.Sidebottom 22
HF: J.Stephenson 1, J.Elliott 5, C.Brown 17
F: T.Varcoe 18, B.Mihocek 41, J.Daicos 26
Foll: B.Grundy 4, S.Pendlebury 10, D.Beams 11
I/C: I.Quaynor 35, L.Greenwood 19, J.Thomas 24, B.Reid 20, T.Brown 34, B.Crocker 39, F.Appleby 31, C.Mayne 16

Emerg: M.Cox 46, M.Lynch 45, A.Treloar 7, J.Madgen 44

Wills as a mid will be an interesting watch - gives us a look at how his tank is progressing. Fingers crossed (arms, legs and toes - not to mention eyes) that Jamie gets through unscathed - he will make such a difference. Moore is important at CHB and can add such flexibility, hope roughy goes well as he can be that spare parts man.

Interesting named forward set up. I know that they probably won't line up or play that way... but if we do then nice experiment.

Monday, March 4

Fremantle v Collingwood at Joondalup, 3.40pm AWST

Squad:

COLLINGWOOD

B: J.Aish 14, J.Roughead 23, T.Langdon 8
HB: N.Murphy 28, D.Moore 30, J.Crisp 25
C: T.Phillips 21, R.Wills 33, S.Sidebottom 22
HF: J.Stephenson 1, J.Elliott 5, C.Brown 17
F: T.Varcoe 18, B.Mihocek 41, J.Daicos 26
Foll: B.Grundy 4, S.Pendlebury 10, D.Beams 11
I/C: I.Quaynor 35, L.Greenwood 19, J.Thomas 24, B.Reid 20, T.Brown 34, B.Crocker 39, F.Appleby 31, C.Mayne 16

Emerg: M.Cox 46, M.Lynch 45, A.Treloar 7, J.Madgen 44

The Freo Squad for anyone interested:

FREMANTLE
B: L.Ryan 38, J.Hamling 21, G.Logue 2
HB: S.Giro 42, A.Pearce 25, D.Mundy 16
C: N.Wilson 14, D.Tucker 18, B.Hill 9
HF: B.Matera 3, M.Taberner 20, B.Cox 36
F: R.Lobb 37, J.Hogan 11, A.Brayshaw 8 Foll: S.Darcy 4, M.Walters 10, E.Langdon 26
I/C: T.Duman 44, C.McCarthy 23, B.Banfield 41, A.Cerra 5, H.Ballantyne 1, S.Switkowski 39, E.Hughes 15, T.Colyer 33
Emerg: B.Bewley 34, S.Jones 40, M.Crowden 12, L.Schultz 28

Freo have gone very tall! That forward line looks clunky to me. The on ballers for them dont look great either. Some good players in there but Freos named squad looks a little unbalanced to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why have Treloar as a Emergency?

You play him or not
I’m all but certain, they rotating the players through for designated playing time.
Treloar would be slated to NOT play this game, same as example Cox.
But, IF another player gets injured last day or so, Treloar might have to re-schedule and play this game and likely miss the last JLT.
It would be along those lines.

That squads a bit thin in the ruck if Grundy plays managed minutes and Roughead struggles as much as last week. Other than that it’s as strong as you’d expect!

It's just JLT I guess.

S Darcy will get a hold of Roughead when they're matched on one and other. Roughead vs. Lobb shouldn't be too concerning though. They're both ordinary rucks.

I wonder if they ruck Moore? I hope not.

It's just JLT I guess.

S Darcy will get a hold of Roughead when they're matched on one and other. Roughead vs. Lobb shouldn't be too concerning though. They're both ordinary rucks.

I wonder if they ruck Moore? I hope not.

No reason they would make Darcy ruck. They have Grundy and Rough

Nervous as always before a game. It's always a big game for me. Hopefully we crunch the Shockers, and give us that winning feeling we always miss over summer.

In other news, the Bombers have thrown another game against the Bloose. FMD Dons fans. Why is their club keeping their hand on CarLOLton's pulse? A grand conspiracy indeed :think:

No reason they would make Darcy ruck. They have Grundy and Rough

You're right there isnt really a need. Roughead on Lobb favours us too. Roughead is the better ruck of the two.

I'm really interested to see how Roughead goes in defence. Freo have some good talls. I've been pretty skeptical on Roughead but I hope he does well for us there.

Well according to afl.com our only notable missing players are WHE, Adams and Wells. Gave me a good laugh reading it, even some of the players named at other clubs hahaha

Well the Herald Sun has us with no noteable absentees listed, besides every other side's been listed. They HS has described us as selecting a strong lineup, they do realise that we have about 9 of the grand final team out, along with Dunn, Scharenberg and Wells out!!!

These are just practice matches and should be treated as such. Hope our guys play these games in about 2nd gear, and avoid injuries, along with a little bit of experimental positional changes.

Exactly. Just in case people watch Monday's game & think the sky is falling if we are behind.
It's worth noting that we lost JLT1 to GWS by 10 goals last year & only kicked 5.6.36 for the match.
It's just a praccy match & the result is irrelevant either way. As was Friday's practice match against the Dees.
There is no prize on offer & getting game time into the troops is all that matters at this point.

For me I'd like to see Moore continue to grow into his role @ CHB & look forward to seeing how he goes on Hogan & Lobb. Elliott to get some more match time & gain some more confidence.
Another look at Quaynor would be nice as well.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back