Opposition Camp JLT Week1 - Discuss the other games here.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Other than the fact it look awful, there is the stupidity of it ... it’s hot, why would you want to be more clothed?
It's gotta be Dangerfields idea, he spends so much time locked in his bedroom trying to work out how to make AFL an American sport this was probably his next great endeavour

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I read Jeremy Cameron used to eat a meat pie after every game but in order to hide it from the nutrionist would purchase it up to 5 hours before an hide it in his locker.

Ledge status confirmed

schmuttt

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
I read Jeremy Cameron used to eat a meat pie after every game but in order to hide it from the nutrionist would purchase it up to 5 hours before an hide it in his locker.

Ledge status confirmed
That’s disgusting wtf

dee_mac

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
TheCount thoughts on PA's sponsor on the back of their clash jumper? It's a white jumper, but the white background of sponsor logo is a gloss white and sticks out like dogs balls. May as well be red. Amatuer hour

schmuttt

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Adelaide will benefit a lot from the new rules if it opens the game up further. Port playing Watts around HBF, wonder how long till they realise you can’t play that position when you’re soft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheCount

Spec Moderator
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Thread starter Moderator #38
TheCount thoughts on PA's sponsor on the back of their clash jumper? It's a white jumper, but the white background of sponsor logo is a gloss white and sticks out like dogs balls. May as well be red. Amatuer hour
Oh it’s horrible! To be fair, it’s no different than what we did with our Zurich logo for the start of last year, but we needed the blue background for it, so we used printable heat transfer media to get the right blue etc, while Port’s could just use plain black heat transfer vinyl to cut the logo and press that on there without the white box for it ... I know this, because I have a vinyl cutter and a heat press and have been making T-shirt’s etc with it, so the way Port have gone with that horrific heat pressed box is outrageously amateurish

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Lamb on the spit
Moderator #39

Ledge status confirmed
As a child I went through a stage when I had a pie heated for me every morning and wrapped in foil to eat at lunch.
That’s disgusting wtf
Dry pie FTW!

AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I reckon Adelaide will be among the contenders this year. If the Crouch brothers stay fit, look out. Milera is my tip to move up to elite this year as well.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I reckon Adelaide will be among the contenders this year. If the Crouch brothers stay fit, look out. Milera is my tip to move up to elite this year as well.
They could easily finish top 4. Talia + Hartigan + Doedee are really good defenders

Crouches and Sloane can win clearances and Walker Lynch and Jenkins trouble alot of defences
Add Milera, Laird, Atkins, Betts etc an the home ground an they could easily make top 4

Topkent

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Last years average score in the JLT were 80 points, with the new rules so far the average off a small sample size sits at 87
Interesting the 2 teams who dragged the average down kicked 8.11 and 8.17 so bad kicking not a lack of chances hurt their scores.
Be interesting if scores stay up on average or level out to about the same as last year.

dee_mac

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Anyone watch the North v Saints game? How did Tyson and Kent play, stats say they went alright.
Watched bits and pieces. Tyson had a reasonable game. Got first hands on the pill at clearances a lot. Still appears slow to make decisions with ball in hand.

Kent I saw very little of.

Proper Gander

Owl whisperer and secret agent
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Anyone watch the North v Saints game? How did Tyson and Kent play, stats say they went alright.
I watched it. Have no idea why. Kent looked good - I think fans will take to him so long as he stays uninjured. He’s generally hard at it, and one of his two goals was from about 50 on the boundary so there’s that.

Tyson was Tyson. He played okay and his clearance game looked good. Other than that he looked like Tyson, a bit slow and prone to the turnover. I laughed because at one point he speared on straight down a Saint’s throat and I said “that’s my boy” just as the commentary was crapping on about it being an “uncharacteristic” error. They always do that. For some strange reason, they never seem to notice he does that kind of thing constantly - blinded by his hair I suspect. His hair is still performing well, but doesn’t really match up with his new team.

TheCount

Spec Moderator
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Thread starter Moderator #47
I watched it. Have no idea why. Kent looked good - I think fans will take to him so long as he stays uninjured. He’s generally hard at it, and one of his two goals was from about 50 on the boundary so there’s that.

Tyson was Tyson. He played okay and his clearance game looked good. Other than that he looked like Tyson, a bit slow and prone to the turnover. I laughed because at one point he speared on straight down a Saint’s throat and I said “that’s my boy” just as the commentary was crapping on about it being an “uncharacteristic” error. They always do that. For some strange reason, they never seem to notice he does that kind of thing constantly - blinded by his hair I suspect. His hair is still performing well, but doesn’t really match up with his new team.
Tyson is one of those players that commentators form a completely incorrect opinion on, and are too lazy to pay enough attention to change it, perhaps due to the precision of his hair, they assume everything about him is as precise, so he’s regarded as a really good kick, when as we know, he’s more likely to hit a spectator than he is a team mate.

AmericanAFL

All Australian
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Very low camera angle in this Brisbane/Hawks game is tough for a new fan like me get a feel for what’s happening out there. Should I expect the same for our game in a few hours?

TheCount

Spec Moderator
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, Packers
Thread starter Moderator #50
Very low camera angle in this Brisbane/Hawks game is tough for a new fan like me get a feel for what’s happening out there. Should I expect the same for our game in a few hours?
It'll be similar, Shep has a grandstand that the main camera will be positioned in, while at Moreton Bay it's just sitting in an elevated media box on the smallish hill that goes around the ground. It'll be a lot lower than you're used from the regular season games because they're all suburban grounds

Top Bottom